Nerf Design

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yahku, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Yahku Active Member

Hey,

about the reset-effect nerv to 120 seconds . . .

At first, let me say, i agree, that these effects were too powerful. But granting such items to the players and that for such a long time and then removing it is just bad game design. Many players are in a bad mood, some are quitting because of such nerfs because their classes are "broken" in their opinion. Would be fine to either not have such items in game or have them untouched if they have their core place in game for such a long time. Just mentioning . . .
    Aquaskaientos, duckster, Xyno and 3 others like this.
  2. Xyno Member

Yahku - thanks for your thread. The current approach to nerf items / procs piece by piece is something that might increase the fun of new casual players but the fun of hardcore gamers who play this game from 2005 it´s a punch in the face - again and again. At least it´s valid for me.

Extraordinnary items have been implemented in the game - like the mythical hammer, the reset or fervor runes. For sure everyone likes to have such amazing items. A huge amount of time and efforts had to be spent to get these items. Finally you got it and you were happy with it - for a long time till DB started to change things. First the hammer was flagged a mainhand only - now the reset runes (not only scouts!) are also changed. A few weeks ago they "fixed" the "broken" procs of the weapons. What´s next - the removal of tithe points?

If the devs are doing all of this to perform a class balancing I will be fine with that. But please - perform an info campaign about ALL planned changes - instead of destroying our good mood piece by piece. Maybe it´s not worth to spend DKP on special items anymore right now due to the fact that they will be changed anyway. So it would be nice to know what´s next to be mentally prepared. Informing about the what, the how and the final objective would minimize rage posts.

I followed a lot of discussion in the discord chat and it was often mentioned that the epic weapons 2.0 will make the curent ethereral runes obsolete. If you will achive it just by nerfing the existing runes to crap level. Well - then it´s probably not a motivation approach!

Currently I am in such a bad mood that I will just login for leveling ascension xp and to support my raidcom. The only remaining fun in the game is to see what the final version of the epic weapon 2.0 will be.
    Aquaskaientos, VGScastaway and Darly like this.
  3. rutro Well-Known Member

I agree that it should not have taken 2 years to get these items down sized. These items should have been researched more thoroughly before implementation.(not the players fault). I would agree with you about the raider thing. However, the solo people that have these items are making grouping a thing of the past by blowing threw content and selling end game items to people that might have otherwise grouped to get them. <(long run on sentence) To make a long story short, IMO no items put in game should be as game breaking as the Myth Hammer, and the summer ethereal s were. It just should not have taken 2 years to nerf them.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with SLR and I'm amazed that you are trying to push that line of thought. People aren't soloing end game content because of the runes or hammer. As much as you want that to be the case to support your cause, it isn't true.
    duckster likes this.
  5. VGScastaway Member

I agree. They're soloing heroic end game content because there is no class balance - with or without runes and hammers.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Videos or it didn't happen.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. rutro Well-Known Member

OK- let me rephrase this- Sure, class imbalance has to do with EVERYTHING. So, you add extremely over powered runes or anything (Myth Hammer) for that matter. What do ya have here? Ya have what you had here last week- ... making already OP/imbalanced/cheats and broken things even MORE OP and broken...get it?? It just takes the SLR crowd less time to face roll through end game content. (That they should not be rolling). Also, IMO no one should be able to loot a chest that was not in the group that killed the boss.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Like I said you have a anti SLR agenda, You also said you are going to quit because of SLR. Put your money where your mouth is please.

P.S. I noticed you didn't falsely claim people were soloing end game content in your second anti SLR post... that's at least something.
  9. Fenin Member

It seems like you don't really understand what end game is here. End game is t3+ raiding.

Heroic instances are designed so causal players with solo gear can complete them with minimal skill level. The heroics your considering end game have always been 2-3 mannable once you gear up a little and have moderate proficiency with your class and they're designed as such.

The fact ppl SLR easy to do content is helping ppl, not hurting them. If you want the loot they're selling, just run the zones They're very easy with solo gear, no eth runes and no hammer with a full group.. and stop whining.
    VGScastaway, Anjel and Wurm like this.