Nek Castle

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I have been doing HQs and 3 times in a row on different servers I went into Nek Castle and was not offered Visions of Hatred quest and if I hadn't known I needed it later for inner door access I wouldn't have known to go back and run around the doorway area to get the quest.
    Somehow the trigger range seems to have gotten smaller or something. This can be extremely frustrating to someone who has done the lockets and then find they can't open rampart doors when they need to after triggering that goofy epic in Diedre's room.
  2. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    You may find this is not something specific to Nektulos Castle, but more inherent with location based event detection in EQ2.

There has been a few times I have ran "through" zone line points, for example, walking from Greater Faydark to Butcherblock Mountains, I have walked to the end of the little valley, without being zoned. But it does not happen consistantly, just every once in a while. It looks like what you encountered, is the same thing.

I do not know of any way to replicate the issue at whim, and with the convenience of guild halls, I rarely walk manually from ZoneA to ZoneB anymore. It is mostly call_to_guildhall and click the travel portals/bells etc, where this issue does not arise.
  3. ARCHIVED-Druwan Guest

I ran four different alts through Nek Castle the first week of the month for HQ updates and each of them was offered the quest in the usual spot, as soon as he crossed the threshold from the door into the courtyard. I'v also run into the issue Trinral mentions about zoning but that's normally only happened to me between zones; in fact the only zones I can recall it happening between are all Faydark ones. On the other hand, I encountered a discovery location in the Temple of Scale that only one person in a group who had never been in there got on the first pass. The others had to run around, back and forth in a very precise location and it took a bit of maneuvering for them all to get it. So there are definitely some issues with temperamental 'spots' but I've not had it happen with Nek Castle.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Daryx@Oasis wrote:
    i have not had it happen in the 40 or so other times I have gone there lol nonetheless it has occured, which is why I posted it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

I did Nek Castle last night on Freeport, with a friend, we're both familiar with the questlines in there. The Visions quest started when we walked down the hall way toward the courtyard. Some things seem to be operating more cleanly than before, like the room with the first appearance of Alexa doesn't reset so quickly that you can trigger it again if you're just questing around on other tasks.
    The walls do seem to be "thin" still, in the sense that I can see the name tags of the patrons inside rooms from the courtyard, and sometimes my merc will attack through doors. But eh, it's an old zone. And one of the finest for well thought out, detail oriented quests. My problem with it is the number of gremlins (items with damage 1 that have an image of a green gremlin, showing an outdated or needs to be updated item). We killed the Swine Lord and he gave us his underpants (surely a joke), which was a gremlin. Still funny.
    The Return (level 50) is so full of gremlins and empty key chests that it will bring you to tears, and while i enjoyed Tribulation (level 70) more, especially for the storyline, the one-liners that people say to you after you've completed it don't really add anything to your understanding of the story. Would be better to put some meat on those bones if you expect a level 70+ toon to go wandering to MajDul and Antonica to hear some babble and not be disappointed.
    Glad you brought it up. I love that zone. Brought some newbies to it a few days ago, and had fun watching them walk up and down one of the disappearing/shrinking hallways!