Neighsa and Meatbeast

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-Mystfit, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

"This is all my fault, I caused this," I said, sighing heavily, as I looked down at Neighsa as she lay sobbing in her bed. Near her set the tray of food Chalise cooked for her in hopes of lifting her spirits, It was, as it had been for the last few days, untouched.
    "Let me introduce myself, I'm Ame, short for Amemyst. Neighsa's big sister. A few days ago, Neighsa had to say goodbye to her best friend, Meatbeast and I feel a bit responsible for her grief.
    I woke up in Norrath about 6 years ago. I adventured as most do through the Shattered Lands, questing and exploring and eventually came upon a place called Shimmering Citadel.
    I was given a quest to seek out the Meatbeast and return with a piece of his haunch. I went out into the Courtyard and suddenly in front of me was the tail end of a raptor...which was colored like a black and white cow. I giggled to myself and circled around to the front of Meatbeast, only to discover he had the face and feet of a cow too. He looked up at me with a mouthful of grass, tilted his head, raised his tiny front feet and scritched his belly. Well, I lost it. I rolled around in hysterical laughter. He was adorable. I reached up and gave him a pet and he looked at me with those blue eyes and it was over. I was in love. I abandoned my quest to get a piece of his haunch and declared him off limits. Anyone who so much as dared as touch a hair on his head....would feel my wrath.
    I'm a questaholic, I go to great lengths to complete the tasks in my journal and yet, nothing will make me complete this one quest.
    [IMG]

Once, I joined a group who opted to battle Meatbeast and found themselves without a healer as I left. They convinced me to return, only to aggro him again, so I left again, They thought I was kidding, but.....
    For many weeks and months, I revisited Shimmering Citadel to harvest shinnies and visit my boy. I'd spend hours up there...I'd come home with pockets loaded with shinnies. Neighsa was but a child then and she'd listen to me go on and on about Meatbeast and how I was sure he'd arranged for me to get the finest shinnies! I once entered Meatbeast into the Notable Norranthians quest, but alas, he didn't win :0
    [IMG]
    One day, Norrath was abuzz, Bristlebane had returned. In exchange for your loyalty, he would grant you a baby bovid of your very own. I rushed home to tell everyone the good news, I would have a baby
    Meatbeast!
    [IMG]

Neighsa thought this glorious. When I would be home, she would play with baby Meatbeast for hours. They were the perfect size for each other! I would take baby Meatbeast up to visit Big Meatbeast and let them spend some time together eating the fine, green grass!
    [IMG]
    As Neighsa reached adulthood, she found her calling. I'd been sharing with her lore I'd learned while questing about Beastlords, She felt this was what she wanted to be, a feeling confirmed when the news that
    Meatbeast himself would bend to her taming and be her companion warder. After that, it was impossible to keep her at home. She begged Grayven to take her out and help her grow to the point she could approach Meatbeast...carefully..and use her new skills upon him. It was over in an instant. Meatbeast rushed to her side and they hugged and cried, vowing to be together forever.
    [IMG]
    They spent days in Everfrost. When Meatbeast would gain levels, Neighsa would squeal with joy and rush over to give him a big hug...whether in combat or not! I was never a big fan of grinding mobs, but Neighsa loved it. It makes him bigger and stronger, she'd say. Clearing areas... waiting for repops... was, for those two, an adventure itself. Every day was a rush out the door, Meatbeast at her heels, ready for new quests and new kills.
    I admit I was a bit envious. I wouldn’t have minded Meatbeast as my fighting companion, but my skills lay elsewhere. Neighsa and I squabbled over the next few weeks. Only one of us can leave the house at any
    time you know and with Neighsa constantly out and about with Meatbeast, I was stuck inside with the rest of my sisters and we were getting a good taste of cabin fever.
    Until Tuesday. Neighsa came rushing into the house, ran to her room and shut the door. In the stable was a cow...a nice enough cow, but a cow nonetheless. We hurried to her side to ask what was the matter and all she would say was that *they* had taken Meatbeast away. She was inconsolable. Some of the neighborhood bullies taunt her, saying she's better off...nay, THEY'RE better off, not having to look at that silly stupid cow-raptor. That the joy she felt every day she adventured was a stupid mistake, now corrected. She won't come out, won't consider other warders. She hasn't left her room since.
    Me, I get out alot more, but it's sure hard to enjoy it. Ever the optimist, I scour Norrath, hoping for news. That out there is a means to bring back her friend or ways to make a new friend. I believe in miracles. Norrath is such a big place and the gods are usually kind, I just need to keep looking......"
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I had some of that haunch at luch today, and I must tell you was it ever tasty, you don't know what you are missing.
    Tomorrow it is prime rib, the rest I will grind up for hamburger meat, give the entrails, tail and the head to a mexican coworker who swears it to be a delicassy, not for me.
    So thank you for allowing me to have this creature, used pretty much every piece of him, got 4 hooves left, it isn't a rabbits foot exactly, but if you'd like one maybe it will be luckier for you than it was for him.
  3. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Your story is too cute! I'm sorry *they* took your Meatbeast away. I still don't understand why... I know my hubby was not happy with the removal either.
  4. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

ADDENDUM:
    I found a bovoch, hiding in Nek Castle. The poor dear is living in terrible conditions. He's got no green, fresh grass to eat. No protection from the weather. Both Neighsa and I have tried to coax him out, but he turns violent. He's quite ill and easily wounded and won't survive much longer out there. But, I've no idea what to do to help him.