Negative Hate Gain

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zell, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Zell Member

nearly all of the gear iv seen from 1-60sh that had positive hate gain is now negative hate gain. all crafted gear and looted gear as i can see, or have effectively farmed to see if it was the case. also it seems that 60sh to 90sh items have had there hate gain removed or reduced.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Carynn and EmJay like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This would be fabulous if you're a DPS class.My warlock would love to have more negative DPS.

You almost certainly need to be more specific, including the names of some of the items you're seeing. I assume you mean on tank armor, i.e., plate or leather, right? Which mobs drop these items? What were the names of the items? (The devs can't realistically find and evaluate the problem without a starting point!)
  3. Zell Member

all the items from 1-60sh that had hate gain before last patch. iv check with many guild mates now and its confirmed the items of many of there alts that are tanks within that level range now have negative hate gain.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Ryoga Member

5. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

- "A known problem".. well but it "fixed" :confused:.. one of my tanks (tier 7) now has minus 148, while it has no gears that change this characteristic. i think that minus 150 for this tier is now starting strap, from which you must first overcome 150 in order to bring parameter of interest to us to zero, and then find possibility of increasing this parameter, if, of course, tank is needed for.. that is usually wanted from it in groups. OP didn't point whether this characteristic of toon changes, when this items are being removing/equipping. perhaps hate gain parameter was just took away from some gears, without deduce them to minus. it is also not clear which patch about is in question, because an pointing of change in this characteristic for some items is not present through a number of recent patches (if new patch distorts it then, does it mean that testing in specified range of levels was not performed? mayhap). what to do? frequent provoke through tanks, buying more powerful versions of spells for this. look for and buy other equipment (which doesn't work now either?) to replace the "broken" one. if you hanging out on live servers, then it's time to get used to the relatively frequent changes in characteristics of items (usually boiling down to pulling more coin from you). everything is just. team looks funny at this time - as if they are swaying, together with the bulk of the players who pay them, on top of a tall tree, unaware of what is happening on its lower branches. it's obvious to me how it will end, although game will be (top falls off, everyone falls. then climb another tree with an even higher top). top of tree is another expansion of game
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

So many times nowadays, things like "fixes" (didn't think positive Hate Gain, especially for Fighter types, was "broken" before, but what do I know...) are just shoved out there without even remotely running it through Public Test's hands at all to see if they work as intended, or at all. It seems that about the only thing we really do there any more is try to help with bug-squashing (of the sort that should've been done in Alpha or Beta...) for expacs and GUs and get the lowdown on the coolest upcoming holiday stuff, and making sure that works. If the devs want to squash known, old bugs, that's groovy, but if they're doing something "NEW! and IMPROVED!! :D" they really should do more testing, yeah. :-/

Uwk
    who, it must be admitted, does more holiday testing than newly-released-expac-testing... :oops:
    Breanna likes this.