Need Warden help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Littleheals, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Littleheals New Member

I know the player base of the game is rapidly decreasing by the day so finding help is seeming a lot harder than I'd have thought,
    So I've recently returned to the game after having about 4 years from not playing and have continued to play my warden and am currently in the middle of completing timelimes, epic2.0's and crafting but have no idea how much the game has changed and my current knowledge of the game is very little as i can't just go on eq2 flames anymore and look at Rosvita's guide so am wondering if there is anyone out there that I'm able to turn to with anything i needed to know about stats, aa's, armor choices etc like i was able to with Rosvita, if anyone is able to help please let me know
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

3. Renamoriko New Member

It really depends on what you want to do with your character, and if you want to be heal-focused, DPS-focused, or a little bit of both. Wardens are a little versatile when it comes to the choice of playing up close with combat arts, or standing further back and just using spells and ascension abilities (when we aren't spamming HoTs, that is).
    Personally, I choose to use combat arts and most of my stats reflect that choice, and I can do a good amount of DPS in groups or raid (for a healer) without having to touch my ascension abilities to get near or surpass other healers on the parse. I also dual spec in my prestige tree, even though it isn't recommended since they added the penalty for using both. But it's very easy to get to the crit bonus cap, and as you progress through KA and Proving Grounds, potency isn't hard to come by either. With the dual spec, I can cast sandstorm and have my AoE come up instantly when it triggers (despite the low chance of it doing so, it almost procs every time). I can usually cast it 5-7 times during that period and put out a lot of DPS in a short amount of time. On the other hand, the other side of the prestige tree is a must if you want to do lots of healing. With how much bleedthrough there is this expansion, it's helpful to have Constant Currents, as that's just another ward you can have on top of Spirit of Druidism and other damage reductions on your heals (and you can cast it on multiple people, as the reuse is only 5 seconds and the ward lasts for 30). A big key for having a little more survivability is spec'ing into max health, which includes the self ward and the max health line in the dragon, heroic, and warden prestige tree (can omit points into the crit bonus line because it's fairly easy to obtain crit bonus now). As far as armor goes, resolve usually comes first (depending on what you plan on doing with your character and which stats you're able to sacrifice a little bit of), followed by potency and then ability mod. Some may argue that potency is more important but potency does little to no good if your resolve isn't high enough to hit the mob (or high enough to take hits without being one-shot).
    Feel free to take a look at how my (Renamoriko) AAs are set up, but I run hybrid and focus both on heals and DPS. I'm still lacking in potency, ability mod, and doublecast though, so those stats aren't quite a reflection of what to aim for. The more ability mod the better; the more potency, the better; and 100% doublecast is recommended if you want your hostile spells to for sure cast twice.