Need to update Steam info

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Airvh, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Airvh Active Member

I looked at info about the game on Steam and thought of a couple ideas.

- Need to add updated info in the Library RECENT NEWS. The last two RECENT NEWS posts show 11/12/2013 Tears of Veeshan release, and 11/13/2012 Chains of Eternity release.
    (I'd suggest adding pretty much anything in here. Not having anything new listed for almost 2 years is bad.)
    - Need to add info about which expansions are totally needed to be up to date enough to play endgame and which are add-ons that aren't totally required.
    (I am in a guild that is large and we get a lot of new players all the time and this is a question thats asked all the time)
    - It would be nice for you to add something about Rumcellar. Steam doesn't even mention Rumcellar anywhere.
    (People would never even know about Rumcellar if they found EQ2 on Steam)
    - It would be a good idea to have Everquest2 advertised a little on Steam.
    (Like show something about the new servers, It might just help getting more people to come to the game.)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

This is from the store page:
    • Your character, your story, your adventure!
    • 90 Levels of unparalleled gameplay (...?)
    • Strong heritage and lore with game content spanning 7 years and 6 expansions (I don't think this has been updated since EQ2 was added to Steam)
    • Our Dungeon Finder system helps you join groups (As long as it's one of 3 zones and you aren't max level, sure)
    • An expansive in-game marketplace containing potions, weapons, armor, classes, races, mounts and more! (Is this really a good selling point? If I saw that in a games list of features I wouldn't touch it in a million years.)
    Also I don't think they know exactly how much exposure the front page of Steam offers, having a sale would direct so much attention towards this game. Steam has almost 9 million users online right now.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  3. Airvh Active Member

I definitely agree with that Xevran, just getting even 1% of those people to try Everquest would be amazing for the server populations.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  4. Windstalker Executive Producer

Ya, it's abysmal. I'll follow up with our guy who works with Steam. We actually do get a portion of players through Steam...so ya...
    Siren, Torvaldr, Rhodris and 7 others like this.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

While your at it, think about doing a special offer. Something like buy a 1 month subscription, get a free horse. Like one of the cheap horses from Qeynos stables. 2 month/$30 throw in a small bag of plat (like the veteran merchant). 3 months/$45 throw in one of the SC market backpacks. For an entire years subscription or $120+ worth of expenditures throw in 120 veteran tokens.

Nothing new to the game being given, nothing horribly valuable offered, but all of that would be very helpful to a new player. That kind of offer would act like free advertising which is something EQ2 needs desperately.
    Siren, Odyssey, Xevran and 2 others like this.
  6. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Yeah I specifically reinstalled through Steam. I always look for sales on page, but nothing ever happens with EQ2. You should add some Steam achievements and trading cards. A lot of us Steam users like that sort of weird stuff. You can use the background, emote, and badges on your Steam profile to show off your favorite games.
  7. Airvh Active Member

Its been a little over a month since I first posted this and there have been zero changes to the Steam EQ2 pages. :(
    I'm sure you guys are really busy with other stuff, but just like its posted by others above, the potential customers Steam could provide could really help with the low amount of people playing on the servers. Combining servers to get people already playing together is good except I've been "hearing" that several of the servers being combined are almost dead already so it probably won't be as amazing as people are hoping. We need more people in the game!
    IF you being busy is the reason nothing has been done then contact me and I'll sit down and write up some updated info you can post to the Steam page to make people WANT, no NEED to play/retry EQ2. :D
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

I wonder who has permission to update the info. It might be that someone at steam has to update it. It might be that someone from the old SOE has permission but is gone and DBG doesn't have access. I don't know, I'm just making guesses.
  9. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Is your steam guy also in charge of the EQ2 website's German section? Because the latest post on there is from January (about heroic level 90 toons), followed by a bunch of patch notes from 2013.
    I don't know how much of a priority the Valor server still is these days or whether people still play on there, but German visitors to the official website will pretty much assume the game is dead and has been dead for a while.

[IMG]
  10. amedu Member

they see the "german truth" (on valor)