Need to make proc damage uniform

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Davngr, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Davngr Well-Known Member

Going to pretty much copy/paste from the beta forums. Didn't get any dev feedback on it but at some point they will need to regulate procs because right now some procs are amazing and down right broken for reckless tanks (pet classes too but to a lesser degree) and others are pretty bland well balanced in all reality because if all procs could "double dip" into potency then you'd see a HUGE shift in what classes would become top parse.

here's the original post:

as of now some procs are affected by target potency and others are not.
    this was never an issue before reckless stance but now with fighters being able to double their potency. it creates a HUGE discrepancy between what procs hit for.

i have not been able to check out the new procs as to what ones are affected by target potency or not but here is a list of the procs that are currently live and need to be fixed:
    fanatical devotion (inquis)
    field commanders charge (fighter prestige)
    claras chaos (dirge)
    zanders chorus(troub)
    chilling vengeance (inquis)

these are just some of the ones that i have noticed are broken.

some parse pics:

[IMG]
  2. Jokirr Member

Not this again....and you might also want to show how many hits of each proc the people had otherwise its somewhat useless data because that scout could have easily gone AFK mid fight or even died several times.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

His point is these procs being affected by potency is unbalancing to melee classes when you factor in reckless tanks, or something.

I guess some scouts are get outparsed by reckless tanks and are sore about it.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

no..

the point is that these procs are being affected by potency TWICE while every other proc is only being affected by potency once after the big nerf back in tso/sf.

if procs are going to be affected by the targets potency then they need to fix reckless if they aren't suppose to be affected by targets potency then they need to fix the 10 or so procs that ARE being affected by potency.
  5. Opeij New Member

Or they could just make it so all procs are affected my the target's potency. You didn't think about that one, now did you?
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Or jsut leave the procs as is and simply make them rarer, i.e. something special and badass to be strived for.
  7. Opeij New Member

This guy's talking about buff procs, not item procs. I don't really see how you could make buff procs rarer unless you make it so the caster has to do a quest to get the spell first (which is just kinda silly, maybe)
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

i wouldn't care but that's why i put on the thread tittle:
    MAKE PROC DAMAGE UNIFORM

uniform means that they are behave in the way so dumb abilities like reckless can be balanced.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

fine then.. you don't want to fix the procs then you have to give each healer/utility class their own "double dip" proc because it's ridiculous that not having a class in my group will make that much of a different to my classes dps classes damage potential.