Need Test server suffix title

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Dyeana Active Member

Need a Test server suffix title 'of Test' for Test server characters who play on Test an other servers and bug problems/feedback for the community at large. Allow us to have a touch of pride in assisting Devs.

Thanks

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :)

Uwk
  3. That guy. Well-Known Member

Considering how things tend to end up when updates get dropped on Live, I'm not so sure how much pride "testers" should really be having.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Hard to test, when they don't bother putting the changes on test before they shove it to live. This has been happening often for a while now. Or they do their little invite only beta server testing with their hand picked small groups.
    When stuff is actually put on test server, the people on test actually put in a lot of effort testing what they can and reporting problems. Testers can't do more than report on issues though, we don't actually have the power to fix things. There are even things we report that get fixed on test and the fix magically gets overlooked when it gets pushed to live or the problem recurs for some reason unknown to us.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

What Finora said, times 100. There are some very dedicated testers, and they manage to catch a ton of things, but they don't always get to see everything before it goes live. They've also gotten the short end of the stick enough times that the population is quite small. Please don't stomp on those precious few that remain!

~Mum
    Prissetta, Alenna, That guy. and 2 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not. Our. Fault. >:-/

Uwk
    Hartay, Alenna and That guy. like this.
  7. That guy. Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant "pride" in a general sense of the test server, not the quality of the testers themselves. I couldn't really be proud on the whole working for a car manufacturer who gets recalls every time they put out a new car regardless of how good my work was.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Point... ;->

Uwk
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

i don't see why they couldn't make some tester titles that are account wide that are earned based on how many bugs you have reported (like you get 1pt for reporting a bug you find.

if you are the first to report it you get bonus points) accumulate a small amount of verified bug points and you the title 'the tester' get even more points you get the title 'the bug squasher' get even more points and you get the title 'slayer of code gremlins' report tons more bugs that are verified and you get the 'destoryer of bugs' title.

i fail to see why test server bug reporters shouldn't get little rewards like that for making the live updates more stable and squashing bugs before they can sneak across the border to live.
  10. Jasym Member

So you think we should make Test Server a competition, now? I'll bet getting deluged with bug reports and feedbacks is going to go over big.

I think getting a suffix title would be fun! Great suggestion, Dyeana.
  11. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Its not a competition. I agree with Dyeana . I think people who spend their time on Test should be honored with a title.