Need some guidance ( AA, CA rotations, Hotbars)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-Solarax, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

hey guys,
    Been around since the begining but i reciently started an assassin.
    usually i would solo slowly to get a little feel for the game and learn part of what i would need at end game ( includes heroic grouping )
    Im one of those that realize the game doesnt really start till 90 so i just blew through to 90 at warp speed but i have played as if i was an SK , not taking the time to use or learn many of the assassin skills.
    I would have asked for help at " the other " website but certain class forums over there are horrible .
    im wondering first off if anyone has pics of thier Hotbars and why they have them set up the way they do
    i would also like to know more about AA ( plan on getting up to 284 durring xp weekend if possible)
    and that finally leads to types of CA rotations
    i realize that depending on the pull speed and fight length and type ( I played a couple of AE classes ) that it will determine what type of rotation i begin on mobs so was wondering if some of you experianced players could tell me what yours are for examples so i have something to start with and compare . eventually i will be using ACT to fine tune my performance, but right now i blew through to 90 soooo fast i didnt even bother stealthing most of the time.

if you are wondering i have nearly everything mastered ( researching assasssinate lvl 90 now) so just need evade after that and ill be done and i do have mostly EM gear so it would be a shame to be an alt that has good gear if im not going to make propper use of it.
  2. ARCHIVED-souldnce9 Guest

I understand not wanting to post at the other site, but you really don't have to. The assassin forum is pretty helpful over there and you can find most of the answers to your questions without posting. But... here is my aa setup: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/468152499925
    Here are some hotbar setups: http://www.eq2flames.com/assassins/...rs-max-dps.html I don't have an image of mine, but it would be closest to Gaige's without the macros. I tried macros and I prefer to not use them. But that said its an ever evolving thing for me too. I'm constantly changing them to try different methods.
    Information on the chain attacks can also be found in the assassin forums over at flames. Just remember we do 30% more damage when the mob is below 30% health so its a good idea to save your big hitters for the end of the fight, as well as a chain attack with your pft.
    Hope this helps.
  3. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

save your 1 min reuse stealth ca's for the fatal follow up combo. keep death mark on the mob at all times(make this your grandmaster). cast masked strike + ambush combo every time it's up. use the stalk + stealth attack once between fatal follow up combos. time auto attack. always stay behind the mob and with in melee range.

as far as AA, my advice is respec into different builds and find the one that works for you. it's not like 10 plat to respec is a problem now a days.
  4. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

thanks xiotia thats exactly the kind of things i was looking for