Need PArtial update!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-smokedout, Jun 3, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-smokedout Guest

So if i install SF from the dvd's is there a patcher to grab the remaining files required for the complete install of all up to date content? i have all expansions active. I have found a full install avaialbe and i see the streaming option, but it appears as tho that will download 14 gigs of data, where as i already have 11 gigs installed with the SF disc's. Any info/advice/help would be appreciated. Just trying to minimize the amount of downloaded content, and avoid turning a 13-15 gig game into a nearly 30 gig folder.
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

a while ago they messed with the launcher and it affected both types of downloads. navigate to your EQ2 folder and look for your paks folder and an "assetcache" folder (if one of these does not exist create it and copy paste the files from the other folder and start up the launcher).
    *if* both folders exist and you didn't need to manually create ether copy both folders to a seperate directory then open whichever of the coped folders takes up the most space select all the files and copy them into the opposing folder in the main EQ2 directory.
    (keep the copied folders as a backup jsut incase) when you open the luancher again it will scan one of the folders so if it scans the folder which was smaller it will find the new files and fill the missing data and replace outdated files.
    I did this when they removed the option in the launcher to switch to/from streaming the only differences between both is the location where the files are stored and wether it'll let you launch with the base game fiels or not.
  3. ARCHIVED-smokedout Guest

Thanks for the info, while digging around on the forms i found a patcher that has a repair option, using that one it only wants me to DL 7.5 gigs. seems like that might be about right with only the install of SF. How big is this game currently? im guessing around 17 gigs right?
  4. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

13.5 ish. I just reinstalled the other day.