Need low level Necro rotation help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mink, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Mink New Member

I'm around level 25 and kinda just been keyboard rolling whatever abilities I have up. Would like some suggestions on some starting basic rotation and any other suggestions. Right now I am on part 4 of the level 20 necro gear and then I plan on starting the level 20+ golden path that someone suggested to me.
  2. ayssiryqw123 New Member

So I've been playing the build and it's a lot of fun! Really a step up from the Blood Mage build. My questions is, which one of the skills is the one which restores my hp? Also, I think that I sometimes become invulnerable. Once again, which skill does that? Also, if I've got all my Nayr's stacks up, is it worth it to keep spamming Command Skeletons, Bone Armour and Death Nova, or should I only use Scythe and Skeleton Mages?
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi,

Bloodcoil, vampire bats are your dots skills. Try to launch em every 20 secS to have em permanent on a boss.
    And use your tempory dumbfire pets asap. Awaken grave, blighted horde.
    Lifetap to damage and heal u if needed.

Pandemic, group dot.
    Bloodcloud aoe direct damage ans restores life.

Scout pet could be use in offensive mode AS in défensives mode.
    You should try that, pretty sure it works fine too at low level.
    ( AT end game u don't bother with tank , rly not)
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

I forgot soulrot. Launch it when u don't ve any pets on.
    You re 20 so u got ur mage pet.
    Try to stun root and then nuke. Should work

Always have your call servant spell near. It helps in many situations.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

Use a training dummy in your guild hall and test things out for long fights; otherwise just pulling up ACT is a great tool to see what you're doing that helps affect dps.

Personally when someone talks about spell rotations, I tend to tune it out, because there are too many variables for any scripted spell rotation -- HP of target, group configuration which would impact typical lifespan of mob, solo/grouped or unconnected groups, whether soloing or not, spell quality you have, AA you're using, what level you are, etc...all would require entirely different approaches to maximize dps and survivability.

Unless you're raiding, I wouldn't sweat it as long as you are learning as you go. The best way to learn is using ACT and trying different things.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

And well at level 20.
    Spell rotations , it's not like there are 20 spells to manage ;)
    Read spell description, use em depending on the situation.
    Dot