Need help with Prime Shini-Zonn Hypatia

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Nocturnus, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Nocturnus Member

We've tried her several times in a variety of different ways, and we just can't figure out what we're doing wrong with her. There isn't a strat on ZAM or EQ2i, either.

So... i'm coming here for a bit of help. Anyone know how to kill her without triggering her near group wipe AE?

The mob is Prime Shini-Zonn Hypatia in Strategist's Stronghold (Heroic Version).
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

I can't recall exactly, but I want to say it is attacking while the mob has a certain buff on it. The warning is pretty vague. It was never really an especially good encounter, it was mainly bypassed by dps.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

if that is the hourglass name, you need to run the adds to the circle in time or else she heals and you start over. ir that is the name that stoneskins a ton, No one ever really did know the strat on that name iirc. you just dps, adds spawn, you kill a certain one and not any others, she stoneskins a ton, burn through it, kill name, KB. power drain
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yea, she'll do some green text in your chat box about a barrier going up. Stop attacking while it's up. When you see a message that the barrier goes down, resume dpsing. Different adds do different things, but no clue which is what.
  5. Ynnek Well-Known Member

For some reason I could never see the message that the barrier was going up. Always saw the message that the barrier was going down.

But, if it looks like you're DPSing yourself to death, stop DPSing until you get the all clear.

(That's all I remember, assuming this is even the right mob...)
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

the melee aoe just has to be ate and the mob needs to die as fast as possible. you can aoe avoid the first then DG/equil the second and if it's not dead by then you have to muster something else out.

on top of the damage that the aoe does the adds also add to that damage and that's why people pull them away to kill them and let her cast her aoe in the middle iirc. like drag them to a side wall and kill them if you don't have the dps to just aoe avoid and kill it.

it's been a while since i killed this mob, back then it was all about the critical mitigation. once you had it, it was simple.
  7. Nocturnus Member

That is a lot of different suggestions... Let me see if I can narrow it down a bit.

She does summon adds throughout the fight... If I remember right, they were floating skull spirits, some of which were called spirits of asphyxiation.

We did stop all DPS upon her summoning one of those adds, but it still seemed to result in death. She constantly commented about strategy being more important than the battle itself.

Our first attempt was a straight burn, which wiped the group because of an AE.

Next, we tried halting DPS when she said something about a blade barrier. Still died because of the AE.

Last, we tried what we did with step two, but focused the adds immediately upon their spawning, and still died because of an AE.

NO fracking clue what we are doing wrong at this point.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

ahh yea that name, personally I never knew the strat even when it was a current zone, it was more just like a power through thing, the stoneskin blocks 9999 attacks iirc (a few secs of the whole group fighting). 3 or 4 skulls spawn, they all do different things. not sure which does which but kill one is pretty bad. one of the adds dying is extremely bad
    really just have to try to power though imo. use AE blockers/spirit tap/anything
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

We made an ACT trigger for her damage shield so people knew to stop attacking. When it's up it's also a reflect or has retaliation on it, something that can kill you if you keep attacking. We'd kill the Asphixiating add but make sure not to kill any of the others. Can't recall exactly why that one but I think it had something to do with the mem wipe while her damage shield was up. When the shield comes down burn again. Rinse and repeat.