Need help with necro

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Diminator, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Diminator New Member

Hi
    I am a newish player (started playing last November) I have a level 110 necro called Doominator and have played him from level 1. I am struggling with a 3 aspects of the game.

I have got my Resolve up to 503 but I dont see how to get it up further as I cant raid with my guild until 560. I dont have much plat to buy the best craft made gear. So how do I solve this.

My fervor is 0 and i just dont understand how to get it .

I have done the Kunark timeline to get the daily Ascension guide scroll but is that the best I can do to gain ascension xp as it only gives 600k per day and an extra 5 per week so its very very slow to get. Is that as intended or am I missing something. I have of course done all the PoM quest that reward ascension levels and used them.

I am doing my epic 2.0 atm but its slow going getting all the faction ect that I need

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Porrum Member

Ouch.

Normally, for Ascension, you would use the daily/weekly Guided Ascension scrolls granted by your Ascension trainer to get to 10. (Optionally use the boost from Yun Zi or the collector's edition of PoP)

Once your Ascension level is 10 (or higher), then use the Celestial Ascension baubles from the Plane of Magic quests to get to Ascension level 15.

The higher your level, the more the Celestial Ascensions are worth, because it takes a LOT more exp to get from 11 to 12, than to get from 2 to 3.

If you've used up all your Celestial Ascensions just getting to 10 in a couple classes, things are going to get very slow. Your options are to just grind it out, or to do PQs and stuff hoping for a random Celestial Ascension drop, or alternately to use a level 100 alt and do the PoM quests, transferring the Celestial Ascension rewards to your necromancer (they're Heirloom).
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

If you haven’t done the Panda quests in SF, do them. They’re fast to do and will give you a good boost.
    Sorry I can’t remember what they’re called, but your guild should be able to point you in the right direction.

Also do the KA weeklies, you’ll get an extra 5 scrolls with that.
  4. dieliebeschlange New Member

I think once you got all 4 ascension classes to lvl 10 you can buy Tears of Ascension from the currency merchant in Obolous Frontier (in the city) for status points. Once you have your Ascensions maxed I suggest you go Thaumaturgist and research those abilities.

You should also get your spells to Expert level, whenever you harvest 2 rubicite ore. Alot of your important spells are only apprentice level at the moment.

Reforge your gear: reuse speed and recovery speed are capped at 100%. you also dont need more than 200% attack speed and 200% multiattack. reforge as much as you can into damage per second, this will make your pet do more damage and also your range attack does more damage.

If you have a friend or guildmate whos online at the same time you can get heartbound to get a Fervor buff.

For more Resolve you can attend the Public Quests and do the weekly Solo and Duo quests, then buy some nice gear from the currency merchants in CoV.

Try get white adornments for all your slots, last expansion ones should be cheap now and are better than nothing.
    You can also get really nice white and orange adornments by doing the Solo quests in the Proving Grounds. Solo quest takes 10-15 minutes and you can at least buy the level 1 adornments to get started.
    There is a lockout timer, but you can do the quests with Alts and the currency is account wide.
    Make sure to pickup the weekly Proving Ground Quest for bonus currency (outside before you zone into the PG).

As for money I suggest you always harvest any shiny you come across, rare ones can make you alot of plat on the broker.
  5. Morphius Member

Being a relatively new player (since Nov. 2017), I would be more curious about how you found out about the game and what enticed you to sign on and play?
    To answer your question about Resolve in a nut shell, Fabled Heroic Gear (Resolve 29), Public Quest Gear (tokens to purchase from the merchant in Valor) would be the quickest way. Beyond that would be Raid gear.
    Also, look up raid progression and research (eq2wire) the Necros in top 25 guilds and see what they are wearing and either chat with them in game or research the gear on eq2wire or eq2wiki.
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello the fervor problem i cant understand because if you have all 4 Asc ON 10 you should have the Charm Tome of Ascension which has Fervor on and if you have done the EPIC 2.0 weapon, which is quiet nesescary to do any Damange it has 25 fervor too.
    And with out the Epic 2 your pet wont be Upgraded too so your DPS is much mower than with new Pet.

The Reaper Pet has a much higher Damage output tham all 3 Pets before together evan its upgraded on Master or Higher.

The onlya tzhing you wont get so far are the Tow Addormns from the KA Summer Ethernal which gave you a Special Proc for a Swarmpet / 5 Fervor on class Addorn / and the Rune of Mysterys which has 15 Fervor on and was preaddorned on the Ethernal Sash.

But i am sure something like this would be revamped this Summer ETH because many players reactivated and wanted to have those stuff too.
    Fervor is on of the first garanties for DPS and have 20 Fervor or not is a big difference in DPS 20% less with out.
    And depending on what class you are playing you will get a Buff from the Epic 2 weapon which is uncanceled or must be triggert by a hostile spell, as higer you upgrade it as more ferver it gives if active, for example min is on Ancient at my Warlock and gives me 25 Fervor if i trigger it with the 3 listed hostiles.

So during a fight its possible to have 150-170 or more fervor temporary, if you are highend equiped and having all clickys and buffs wich will increase Fervor including a Heartbound Partner and buff is rekindeled.

And for getting stats high enought to do any Heroic contenet in PoP no Raid Gear is used its only the cream on the top if your able to get and use it.

Its no magic to get like 70Kpot or somthing with heroic 29resolve Gear and some Special items like the wirsts you can buy for the PQ Coins from PoP PQs.

The only thing to push the Gear is infusing with platin and infusers which are craftable or on broker.
    On some items if looking for HP for example its psooible to get STA 1000points higher than the base stat by using platin only.