Need help with My AA Trees

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Kuzab, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

Ok my head is spinning looking at all the differnet post on AA trees from Eq2 Forums and Eq2Flames.
    This is what i am looking for, I am a Lv 80 Zerker.
    I want a tree spec that will work fro Solo, Grp and Raid. 1 spec that works all 3 is this possible??
    if so please let me know
    I am looking to Get aggro, Hold Aggro and Hurt the Mob real Bad.

So please any help will be great i've been messing with my specs for months now and cant find anythig that works well.

Thanks in advance
    Chubbylilbuddy
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Chubbylilbuddy@Crushbone wrote:
    So basically you're looking for an AA spec.
    Try my approach, which is a variant on the standard Berserker build (it's also a good spec after GU51). It's good for all situations:
    Warrior:
    STR 4488
    STA 4485
    INT 44682
    Berserker:
    Both berserks on the far right maxed
    Fill out Perseverance tree on the left as you wish (including Perseverance end-line), except for Vision of Madness (VoM enhance is a waste of an AA)
    Cyclones tree maxed (except for Open Wounds). If you have Mythical, this is optional, but either way you want Enhance: Turmoil maxed.
    Fill the rest of the tree as you want (I'm a fan of the clicky Berserk)
    TSO:
    General: +HP and +Power
    Fighter: Consummate Defender 5, Battle Hardening 5, Sneering Assault
    Warrior: Rallying Cry 5, Aggressive Nature 5, Absorbing Blows 5, Cry of the Warrior
    Berserker: Hastened Reuse 5, 5 more in the TSO Zerker how you want (at least 1 point in Adrenaline Rush is nice to have), Wall of Force, Jeering Onslaught
    Priority should go to the Warrior tree first (max it out completely before moving on), then TSO tree as it becomes available, then Berserks on the far right, then spend the rest at your discretion until more of the TSO tree is open.
  3. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Personally I like a very nonstandard setup. Its weakest in Raid but I think it provides the most flexibility for soloing and grouping.
    STR 4-4-8-8
    STA 4-4-8
    WIS 4-8-8-2-2
    INT 4-1
    You lose the benefit of the final int ability but i think the final wis ability makes up for this, expecially if you dont have the perfect group everytime. It also gives you a little extra haste with that ability and the max taunt increases.
    For the zerker tree you want 5 points in all categories of perseverance (except vision of madness), you want max points in anything that enhances berserk and enough points to get the final "clicky" berserk. From there its personaly preference but i'm working down the dibilitations line to get get roar.
    in the new TSO tree its pretty easy to figure out, but basically anything that helps with hate or survivability. enhancing out CA's isnt really worth it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Your build is also pretty solid for PvP, since Belly Smash is much more useful in PvP than it is in PvE.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

Thanks you both for the specs i am going to log in and respec and try each one i will give it a few days and see which works bette, i have a raid Friday night so that will be the testing grounds..hehe
    But thanks again this community is really great, ive been playing since launch, i always check the forums but really never post but with the quick response and positive feedback i may be on here more often...thanks Again

Chubbylilbuddy
  6. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

Xalmat - So far its working great, i need to get some more AA to finish out Berserker and TSO but what you advised me is working great in the int line however the last one u said to put 2 in but there was only room for 1 and Warrior was maxed at 70. so i had an extra aa used it in my beserker section.

GrandMasterU - Haven't tried you spec tree yet giving Xalmats a try for a few then will try out yours so thanks again.
    Chubbylilbuddy
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

That means you filled out the tree wrong. But do remember the INT end ability costs 2 points.
  8. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I find bellly smash is also extremely useful in pve content that isnt epic. which is why i said the spec would be least useful in raid settings. A lot of time pug groups dont have good debuffers and the high debuff from belly smash really makes the mobs drop faster. The final ability also removes your dependence on stat buffers if you need to roll defensive.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

Xalmat here is a copy of my Warrior AA Specs you said i filled it out wrong here look.

Maxed out at 70/70, pic is from Eq2 Players which doesnt have them in the right area's as in the game
  10. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Think it's just a miscommunication. It only goes to 1 .... but it costs 2 points to do so.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Yes, that is correct. The pic you posted is the build that I recommended :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Kuzab Guest

Ok great i just want to say thank yo for all the help on this build, seems like i go thru power now alot faster but just might be me. but thank you again for all the help in the specs i need to gain some more AA and complete the other 2 trees out . so once i have the AA i will post it here to see what ya think.

Thanks Again

Chubby
  14. ARCHIVED-doomman1 Guest

448-str / 448-sta / 48462-wis / 445-int FTW!
  15. ARCHIVED-Hizcutie Guest

I have an 80 Troubador that I raid with, but I have started a Bezerker alt. I am currently working on the KoS tree and I know which way I am going to go from there. It is after I get 50 AAs that I am kind of lost, and yes I plan to be at that point BEFORE I hit 70. I was thinking I should probably go into to TSO tree since everything I have seen or heard about the EoF tree is not so good. Do any of the more experianced zerkers out there have any tips for where to put AAs prior to level 70 once the KoS tree has 50 AAs? Thanks in advance
    I guess it would be helpful to know my level, # of AAs, and current spec/plan. I am level 23 with 31 AAs. I am currently specced Int 44682 str 42. I intend to go to str 448 then stam 441. The reason for this is because I figure that while leveling reuse > crit > dps mod. This will obviously change when I can start getting +melee crit gear but for now the only way for me to get crit is through AAs.
  16. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Hizcutie wrote:
    You want to get the 4-4-8 sta ASAP. 25% DA > Crits
    personally while leveling I'd want 4-4-8 in STR STA and INT. but thats just me. As for the other trees I'd probablly get the innate damage reduction in the fighter portion of tso (last ability before end positional), maybe get the reduced rescue... not so important till later though.
    Getting the bulking line and the perserverance line in EoF tree are prettty good too so its really up to you. Not dying with unyielding will ftw anyone?
  17. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Thank you for this .... I am working on my AA builds on my new character and so far have only gotten enough to go 4-4 in STR. This weekend I plan to do some AA achievements and this will help me in placing my points.
  18. ARCHIVED-MyTFlyGuy Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Would this be the suggested route if someone is NOT raiding at all ?

I was a former raider a couple years ago and just don't have the time nor desire to raid any longer , but I like alot of solo/smallgrp and normal group runs. I want to have good DPS for Solo and small group and good tanking/aggro for standard group size....

I'm still really low at the moment and low AA but want to have my plans ready.... I'm currently heading down the STR then planning on hitting the STA tree.

So you still recomend this same build or is there a better alternative if I'm not raiding at all ?
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

MyTFlyGuy wrote:
    Yes. I don't raid at all on my Berserker, and that's the build I use.
  20. ARCHIVED-Troyjan Guest

Here is a question for you Xalmet in regards to your build, which I do like the looks of by the way. I am currently at lvl 64 with my berserker so am capped at 50 for my warrior tree. I also just got the new expansion as I have been gone for about a year. I am looking to respec to best use my current 76 AA but not sure how I should focus them since I am stuck with a cap in the first two trees until lvl71.