Need Help with a Layout Problem

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sigrdrifa, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The house is Gullveig's Gnomish Retreat, Lionmane Inn, SQ, upstairs, 2nd door to the left, Fallen Gate Server.

My basic color scheme was set because I had a ton of Tomb Guard Chairs:
    [IMG]

I carried the color into the tinkered furniture by using redwood tiles and stairs to do the "inlay", as in the windowseat and coffee table, above.

Where I'm having fits is in the bedroom. The dresser inlay panels keep flipping, which sinks them inside the dresser so they're not visible. I put 'em like this:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

The odd Z value prevents spastic flip-flopping of the stairs as the thing loads. I've tried a 0° roll, 0.00123° roll, etc. But the rotation point is a corner, and I get the best results with it somewhere near 180°.

So, I dust off my hands, republish the house, and go about my merry way. But when I come home again, this is what I see:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Is there any way to stop the stair/inlay panels from just putting themselves wherever they like?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hmm,
    Not sure if this will help, but Eli has always told me not to a solid Pitch. So instead of 90, it would be 89.99 or just 89.
    If I do 90, it does move when I zone out and come back. Maybe try to change those and it may fix the problem.

And that looks amazing!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know Shan loves Pitch, but I despise it, and this is one reason, this is the "dancing" I keep complaining about. Basically, yeah, you can't ever really do anything perfectly 90 Pitch and hope to get away with it, unless you're specifically doing a reskin with like symmetrical Dividers/Tiles/Stairs. Plus, they just behave so much better for Shan; I wonder how she does it (I'm thinking, massive amounts of threats and the occasional "example" made...or maybe it's kind gentleness?)... :-/

What I always do if I have to Pitch anything is 89.875. It's fairly easy to remember and type, and the only one who can really notice the 0.125 degree difference is the computer. ;->

Then, when you go back in, you'll likely see the frisky li'l varmints have decided to find their own settle point (89.87499999 springs to mind), but as long as it's close to my parameters, I'll not fuss (too much). Ever since deciding on that figure, I've had very little in the way of shenanigans ensue. ;->

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and elflover like this.
  4. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Yep Pitch is the pain.

In game, the item will *move* once you get to the right pitch that you can use. Sometimes it is easy to spot ,, sometimes not so much.

But I would go with what Uwk has said to save any headaches!
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

6. kianne Well-Known Member

yep if ur gonna pitch something like that always pitch at like 89.9 it stops the thing moving :) thats what i do too 89.9 pitch
  7. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Yep unfortunately; you can't do a pitch or roll with a solid 90. Has to be 89.891087 which I learned from Jesdyr's posts many years ago. I have found 90 is okay with rotate most of the time.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Y'all are THE BEST. Adjusting the pitch did fix it! Yay!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! Glad it worked! :)

And yep, with most other tweaks, things are fine. ;->

Uwk
    "Please lemme use Roll, please lemme use Roll -- oy... X-P"