Need help to solve a problem

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Esmheran, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Esmheran Guest

im doing a project i have in mind, but everytime i try, i end up with the same problem. I did tradinionally the first time without editor, i got some friends do it for me with the editor, and still the issue is there, is like invisble boxes growing on objects.
    first piece no problem
    [IMG]
    Then i start to walk in the air
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Im walking higher and higher, how i remove that, never had this kind of problem before.
    Any response will be appreciated
  2. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Unfortunately, floating above building blocks is a long-standing problem that'll cause more issues when fixed than it'll solve. :/
  3. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

You would think that collision on a simple oblong shape would be no sweat to design... I have to admit, I'm extremely curious how adjusting the size of six planes of collision got so wonky.
    As for the OP's problem, the only sollution is to shrink your building blocks by half and use twice or four times as many, depending on height of the structure. At lower sizes, this issue is much less apparent.
  4. ARCHIVED-NiteGazer Guest

To Arhok - It is so frustrating. I have the same issue on a level I put in on the Vale using tiles. I found that different tiles had different invis levels to them. BTW - Nice dock.
    To Tock - Thanks for the info. I will try the smaller scale.
  5. ARCHIVED-Esmheran Guest

I remade all with tiles and used blocks as outside wall around it, called it Antonia Bayle Plaza.... here the result
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Fallingdove Guest

I am glad you managed to solve the issue and create the area you wanted .It worked out well and looks great .Would love to see more .