Need Help -- Macros for Conjurer, Fire Mage, and merc Paladin

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-ssor02, May 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ssor02 Guest

Am a newbie to EQ2. Have been following Banditman's advice about setting up a Conjuror in his post "Birth to Badassery." Am now at level 20 and want to start using a Paladin merc and my new pet, the fire mage. Since Banditman didn't explain the mechanics of using a merc Paladin and fire mage, except in very general terms, I've been racking my brain about how to set up one or more macros to make it easier for me to control the fighting in a way that I would prefer, namely,
    1. After I target the mob, have the Paladin attack the mob(s) and acquire aggro.
    2. Tell the fire mage to attack whatever the Paladin is currently attacking.
    3. Cast spells at whatever the Paladin is currently attacking, even if he switches from one mob (after it dies) to the next in a group of mobs.
    So far, what I've been doing to control my Earth Avatar has been fairly simple. I target the mob, then tell my pet to attack it, and then I cast spells on whatever my pet is attacking, switching from mob to mob as necessary by using the F1 key to keep me on target. But things are going to become more complex when I have to control two "pets." So I need any advice you can give.