Need Help. Game Keeps Crashing to Desktop

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Almee, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I just tried to log in and got two accounts logged in alright but when I went to log in a third account the first account, logged in, crashed to desktop, then the second, then the third just kept spinning its wheels and I couldn't close the window without going to Task Manager.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game because of the problems I'm having with the launcher. If I bypass the launcher I have no problems logging in my accounts. So I deleted logincache.us folder, as someone suggested on Discord, and that didn't help. Neither did deleting the ini files for the three corrupted accounts.

So I have three corrupted accounts, that list the characters of other accounts, and three accounts that have the correct characters, on the login screen. If I click on "play," without selecting a character, the resulting character list also shows the wrong characters for the account.

I uninstalled and reinstalled EQMaps. My spidy senses seem to tell me the problem is with the launcher as EQMaps works fine with three accounts, and logging in, though the game exe file also gives me the correct list of characters. Of course I could be all wet about this being the cause. I haven't performed software troubleshooting in almost two decades.

I also did a clean boot of the computer.

So the problem goes like this:

Account 1: Correct characters
    Account 2: Account 1 characters
    Account 3: Correct characters
    Account 4: Account 3 characters
    Account 5: Correct characters
    Account 6: Account 3 characters

How I put all this in a ticket I don't know so I'm hoping either tech support will help out here or some player tech guru. I am back to square one and trying to solve this puzzle will give me a migraine.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Problem solved. Working as intended now that I've replaced the launcher with another copy I had that I had forgotten about.
    Rosyposy likes this.