Need Help Confirming/Testing

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Neiloch, May 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Screwing around on Test I have confirmed all my CA's now do more damage. This is with no change in my stats that would effect them (potency, damage mod, agility, everything in my persona window really) although I didn't go through my AA's with fine toothed comb.
    Need some people to check their rangers as well, and other classes. I suspect its just part of a general increase in DPS (along with weapons damage goigng up) but would be nice to know for sure.
    Might be a general increase in T9 expert/master damage as well, so they are actually much better than T8, ratehr than by a small amoutn or not at all in some cases of t8 master vs t9 expert.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

I noticed a slight difference in a few abilities (most notably Arrow Barrage, but my test copy was a bit out of date of my gear so I've started the process again so I can compare apples to apples.
    Interestingly enough they appear to have fixed Makeshift, or at least the examine vs tooltip descrepency. I need to find a training dummy to validate with though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well I checked my bros 90 dirge, who has equal caliber raiding gear and on test. He has a damage boost as well, both CA's and spells. My crap 80 necro didn't get any boosts though, so looks like they just beefed up everyone's T9 damage to be better than some T8 stuff like I said.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Just finished a "quick" comparision on my Ranger and found the following:
    • T8 Masters: No change
    • T9 Experts: 1% to 3% improvement
    • T9 Masters: 2% to 6% improvement
    • T9 Grandmaster: 2% improvement
    This does not include any of the "damage buffs" (Archer's Fury/Wounding Shot, Intox and Makeshift) as I don't trust the live numbers at the moment (since the examine vs tooltip are different). I also have not backed out Ability Mod so the numbers are probably a bit higher.
  5. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    So if its not Ranger only boost, then its of no consequence as nothing really has changed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
    That was my thought, but until we know how much everyone was changed by it's hard to say. We're probably looking at a 10% increase for T9 masters by the time potency and ability mod are factored out. I doubt they would give other classes less and I seriously doubt that if they did that would be enough to make up the dps gap.
  7. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Nevao wrote:
    Ya since you could realisticly add 15%-20% on most of them as is and 10% to auto attack and still be below the top dps class's now. They need to up Auto attack damage on our bows just to keep up with assassins and swashbucklers, if they want to leave our reuse where it is we need a large increase in damage as mentioned above, if the lowered our recast to be comparable to sins/swash then our ca % wouldnt have to go up as much.
  8. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Increasing our damage in small boosts like that so they don't overshoot it would be fine if it wasn't just on GU's, more like once every week or two. I know we didn't get an increase really here but I would be more than fine with a series of small tweaks if not some huge all fixing patch. And in what ever equations or formulas their using for balance, they really need to lower the value they place on being able to range. Its a benefit no doubt, but not nearly as big as they seem to think. At least not in groups and raids. Not unless they follow through and make it so we can DPS fully from ranged, even then it wouldn't be as big of a boost as they are making it out to be.