Need help choosing class!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Doba, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Doba New Member

I'm looking for a 2 hand weapon dealer that has gap closers such as a charge and is fun. I see all these melee classes but none of them have things like a chrage.

Thanks,

New EQ player
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Umm, I am not aware of anything similar. A lot of melee classes have knockdown abilities though.

Once you get to level 20 you can equip appearance only items, so any class can wield a 2 hander even if it's better to dual wield or use a shield on your "real" equipment.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Closest thing you will have is Crusaders with the Joust ability, it has up to 30m range and teleports you to your target. They also use two handers but nothing like a charging cavalry in medieval games.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

One of the primary tenets when they made EQ 2 was "If you can hit the mob, the mob can hit you."

They (gleefully) closed the kiting 'exploit' that had been allowed to run rampant in Everquest for years.

With that in mind, things like 'gaps' and in combat movement speeds don't mean as much in this game as they do in others.