Need GM help with glitch in guild hall.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aran Anar, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

I had a travel around norrath globe that cost 1 million status dissaper it went missing after I moved it from the bench I had raised it up to rest on to the floor. After I moved to back down to the floor there was no way to click on it from any place I moved my character. I had to move it to place some decorate behind it. I could not click on it or anything so I zoned out of my guild hall (teir 1 freeport, antonious bayle server, "Arania") and then zoned right back in. Was gone only 20 seconds and it was gone. Not there at all and not listed on the guild hall door as a item i can place back in my inventory as it is a guild hall type item. It was the big blue globe that spins around on a pedistal. Was not in moving crate and only guess I have is that I had to use control + mouse wheel to raise it up to the bench, so some how it went below guild hall floor.

I did a /who all gm but none online. I click on door it showed i had the travel globe and that selling it back would take 500,000 status. Dont know why could not click on it after i moved it to the floor that was problem. It my first guild hall so i dont know how to set thing to be moved by others ot how that it done?

I sold it back to the guild hall on the door.

Now here is another glitch- a bad one..... It showed on the door that it did give me back 500,000 status. I had 500,000 status before i cancel the globe so it total i had 1,000,000 status saved up and it did show that on the door. I am very shyre i seen it there. I try to buy a new globe with the 1 million status that i had showing as saved up. It not let me i get message not enough status. My character did not have that much on him but from the cancel of globe plus some donate to guild hall in total i did have 1 million donate status it called escrow or something in game.

My guess here was the donate status not able to by new item for guild hall and has to come of your characters status, i dont know if that how it works in game or not? How to set your guild hall so only guild leader can move items how is that done?

The glitch or bug here is :

I zone out of guild hall and did not get anything new for it from the amemities when i zoned back in on the door it showed i only had 500,000 donated status the game took 500,000 status off my door and it gone. All true is there anyway a GM can can help me out in game or should i petion in game? Any advice or answers to my question above would be nice, thank you.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The 500,000 status should be in your guild escrow. If you have half the status on your character, and half in escrow, try merging it all into escrow?

If you have an amenity fall through the floor, open your amenities window (where you purchase them), right click the amenity and then click on "Move to default location". It will make the amenity spawn at the default point they all pop the very first time you buy it.

It seems you only regain 50% of the purchase price when you sell an amenity back. You may actually lose any status from rent paid in advance (not sure about that...). Regardless, you lost a whole lot of status from it. Run a few writs and the status will come in fast enough, just remember next time an item falls through the world, you have options to get it back, that does not involve selling it :)
  3. Aran Anar Active Member

O no way the old right click clicky thing i didnt try that. How do i set items in my guild hall so only guild leader can move them is that right clickly also? Any way to get back the 500,000 status that went missing i did have 1million showing on door then zone out zone back in it showed only 500,000?
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

No one should be able to move items in your guild hall, unless they are manually set to "Trustee" in the "Access" tab, or are an officer+ in guild ranking. In short, it does not sound like someone pulled a sneaky one on you, the item simply bugged out and fell through the floor.

In your regular "Guild" window (that shows who is online etc), go to the "Ranks" tab, and scroll down to "Guild Hall Access: Trustee". Only the first 3 boxes in from the left side should be ticked.

If you're certain about the status loss in escrow, you will have to submit an in-game petition.
    In EQ2, type: /petition
    Then go to the "In-Game Support" tab and fill out a ticket as accurately as able.

Good luck.
  5. SteelPiston Active Member

/petition is the only way to get anything resolved that is troubling you. If SOE need to contact you in game, then someone will come and find you. Most contacting is done through email after SOE do some researching. I have found the customer support to be very good and they've always been fair and fixed all my issues.
    Filly67 likes this.