NEED ADVICE PLS....

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

I need some serious help pls Me and the wife are doing a duo and we need to decide on zerker / mystic or SK/mystic.
    We have the mystic at 12 with 33 AA points and we also have a SK and Zerker at 12 both with same gear and 33 AA points and was testing the SK and zerker against a lvl 13 triple up heroic mob and the zerker had to have constant ward/heal combos to kill where as the SK didnt even need a single ounce of help and ended with full health.
    Is the zerker str later on and do the 2 balance out to be able to handle the same stuff cause right now it sure looks like the SK would just flat out blow the zerk away in all aspects of our duo.
    Advice pls i enjoy both and enjoy the ae aspect of zerk and sk just wondering is the SK strong early and zerk just catches up around 20 or 30?\
    Thanks in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Gets slightly better at 50, but really you're looking at 81 before you can approach comparison.
  3. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

So what are some thoughts would we be better off with just doing the SK/mystic? Will the zerker never catch up?
  4. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

I have both an sk and zerker.
    Up front an sk will be excel over the zerker in almost every catagory of play. At the lower lvls of play and with a low aa count the zerker will possibly do better in a duo than the sk. Once the sk reaches more and more aa it will change dramatically. With enough aa's and good gear you will find that in most everday norrath that your wifes healer will not be healing the sk as much.
    Sk's will supercede the zerker in aoe damage once enough lvls/aa's are made or at least until the zerker can get the mythical weapon.
    A zerker will get better but it will take more lvl's and time to see it. Zerkers get a small self heal that can trigger when damage is done to the zerker. I think it is like 33% chance. With higher chances to crit it is good on trivial mobs. Zerkers also get a small ward that triggers each time the zerker goes berserk. However it get the ward the zerker will need to be over lvl 81 and have at least 70 points in the zerker tree. These two abilities once casted are passive until canceled and the zerker doesn't need to cast them again since they are triggered. They still work even while stunned, stifled, mezzed, ect.
    Also at 80 the zerker gets adrenaline which in my opinion is possibly one of the best damage reductions tool ever. 50% damage reduction for 28-30 secs is great.
    I feel the zerker is at a great standing at least in the end game area. There are a few issuse that I would like to see happen that would benefit zerkers accross the level ranges and hopefully they will come some day.
    If both your sk and zerker are evil you might consider that your wife's mystic betray to a defiler. This would allow you to venture into evil cities together without her being smoked by guards and vice versa.
  5. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

So for a duo to be able to survive most of the heroic content stuff up to 90 should we do the SK or the zerker.

THanks for all the info guys.
    We just dont want to get 40 or 50 lvls in and find out that 1 or the other cant handle stuff and the mystic have trouble keeping him alive.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Please understand that there will be mobs that a duo cannot take down without a full group. No matter what tank is being used.
    Either the sk or the zerker will be fine for what you are doing mostly.
    I would like to mention that once you get high enough and your zerker gets the mythical weapon you will see a transformation of your zerker that you are gonna love. This weapon makes the zerker a beast. Of all my mythicaled toons my zerkers weapon is by far the best that really compliments what the class is about.
    With the aa's my zerker does very well solo. There are mobs that my sk can solo easier but for consistantly mowing down everyday norrath trash my zerker is my fav.
  7. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

Thanks for the helpfull info
  8. ARCHIVED-infa Guest

SK is a very powerful class right out of the box. This is one reason why it's a very popular choice.
    Berserker is really great this expansion, but requires more gearing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

In the end / at the end it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other. The biggest advantage an SK has over a Berserker once you hit the level cap and have a lot of AA is ... that they can betray to a Paladin instead of betraying to a Guardian.
    But until you get the aforementioned Mythical and hit 81 with a large chunk of AA the SK will be superior in all aspects.
  10. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Another area I would like to mention about the sk is that some abilities being spells will interupt where combat arts don't if you are slightly moving to position a mob. Berserkers do not have spells and are combat arts so even while backing or positioning a mob the zerker will not interupt like the sk will.
    Another thing is that at the lower to mid levels power comsumption on the sk will be more than the zerker. If the situation ever presents itself an sk without power will not have the auto attack like a zerker in the berserk state. That extra haste and dps mod that berserk provides will prevail for the berserker in this scenario.