Need a New Mouse

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find a decent wireless mouse that is sensitive enough for EQ2 but small enough to fit in my hand. The one I'm currently using is the Logitech Wireless Mouse M525. It fits my hand but a quarter of the time the clicks don't register even though I hear a click.

I'm not totally sure it is the fault of the mouse as I don't seem to have a problem with other programs and games but I'm not trying to do things rapidly, with other apps, so it is hard to tell what's at fault here.

My hand is 7 inches from finger tip to end of palm and I'm sure that is part of the problem with finding a good wireless mouse to use. From what I can tell, from pictures of mice, the really good gaming mice are all designed for larger, male hands. But maybe some female players have found wireless mice that work well for them.

I would love to say cost isn't an issue but, since I only need a better mouse for this game, I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money. I also don't need a lot of buttons as I like to keep things simple. I could be very happy with two buttons and a wheel if the mouse was really responsive.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I use a M720 mouse and K800 Keyboard - both from Logitech.

I tend to replace the mouse once a year. So I have a spare on hand when the current starts to have clicking issues.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I use the Logitech G5 wired. It's never done me wrong. Accurate and ergonomic.
  4. Rargo Active Member

I never us a wireless mouse gaming. They just are not reliable enough. My mouse of choice for the last several years is a Corsair M65 which is fully tunable and customizable. Including the weight.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

I use the Logitech M570. It uses the trackball on the thumb, the mouse stays stationary. Years ago, my mouse broke and all I had was a borrowed M570 from a roommate, and I never went back to a traditional mouse again. Love this thing, no wrist strain, and mine last me a few years at a time.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

What he said. Wired all the way.
  7. Treggar Active Member

I use a G502 lightspeed. No issues here using a wireless mouse for gaming and with a powerplay mat, you never have to worry about charging it.

As for sizing, it feels very small in my hand which took some getting used to, compared to my previous G9x.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have to use a wireless mouse, every time I have one with a wire one of the cats chews threw the wire. I went trough 4 of them in less than a week. So switched to wireless and have no problems.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Funny, I used to use a G502 as well and thought it felt small in my hands, only for people to call it a brick... apparently it's on the larger end. I swapped to one of the gimmicky "lightweight" mice and I'm ashamed to say I really like it, but it is absolutely tiny to me, coming from a g502.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I have a small hand too and I understand your problem. It is very unwieldy to try to navigate or do anything delicate or of rapid movement with a huge, clunky mouse designed for large masculine hands. I use a steelseries Rival 100 Optical Mouse that lights up violet/purple on the wheel and at back in the design that's a circle within a circle with a nub sticking out at top and at left side with a dot floating between them. Very pretty, easy to find fast in the dark which is what I play EQ2 in and general compute in and classy and pretty to boot. I am very happy with it's delicate self!
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Evidently the classic G5 I like is no longer sold. The MX518 has the same body style to it. I had childhood arthritis which really messed up my hands and I have stubby fingers with large knuckle joints. I found that this mouse style is perfect for me. Super comfortable.
  12. Asteny New Member

I also have the same measurements. 7 inches from tip to end of palm. I use a 19 button mouse Red Dragon and used to use a Logitech G600 with no problems. Just need a bit of practice to get the muscle memory. Using it daily should take two weeks to be able to hit skills without looking.
  13. The Martian Active Member

I use a Logitech G604.. Not exactly tiny, but ergonomic, with lotsa buttons, and I am able to access a lot of commands...

I turned the acceleration way up, so minimal movements are involved. So far so good..
  14. Panthur Member

Wrap parts of the cord up with tin foil or sticky tape. Cats hate that crap :)
    Or chop the top part of a sock or something and slide the wire thru it so the cats have no access to the wire.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Sunshimmer New Member

My hand is also small. I just purchased a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite because it lighter and the buttons on the side have a slide feature. I was able to find a button placement that works with my fingers even when my wrist is resting on the desk while holding the mouse. Also, I barely tap on a button and it responds instantly. It is wired, however, maybe they have a wireless version.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help. With Amazon Prime day coming next week I should be able to find a better mouse at a decent price.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  17. trollanfrog Member

G pro wireless easily ONE of the best mice to own
    Almee likes this.