Necromancers of the world unite!!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Necrotasia, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jeff59 Guest

The core idea of Necros is not a broken one, they need things fixed sure, but bugs with the pets is a far cry from some of the lies you drama queens have been perpetuating. I'm sure all classes have bugs that need to be fixed, no one is denying that. Compare the launch of this game with the launch of every other MMRPG(including WOW), i'd say they did a pretty bang up job when all is said and done. That doesn't mean they have packed their bags and gone home.
    Message Edited by Jeff59 on 12-06-2004 03:07 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Darksyde Guest

I can solo yellow and orange mobs, also. I dont think necros are gimped. Its all about how you play them. Of course, I do like my EQ1 necro better, but it was over-powered in eq1. Necros were like a combination of all classes. I dont have anything against the necros in this EQ. Its different,but I like it. I am excited to see the higher lvls, and to see what tweaks they add to the game. Only thing that really angers me is the fact we dont get feign death until lvl 43, but its not that BIG of a deal.

ZoSo
    23 necro
    guk
    Message Edited by Darksyde on 12-06-2004 09:20 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

Level 26 currently and still having fun. Solo and groups do fine.

Thats not to say there isnt problems ...there are. Aside from the bugged spells we have, which I hope get fixed soon, there is the issue of AE. Why on earth does the dev teams from eq1 and 2 have this fetish for useless AE spells?

Solo - unless your fighting groups of greys for writs or something these are totaly useless. Low damage high power use ...oh yeah that makes sense ;p

Grouped - quick way to get yourself kicked out of a group is to use AE and break mezz or draw agro.

There are situations where they can be thrown in without to many problems, but in general groups do not like AE being used and with good cause.

And yet level after level we seem to get stuck with another usless AE. Thats probably my biggest gripe with necro, followed by the fact Im still using my 10-19 spells (dust blast and bludgeoning earth) as my PRIMARY attacks ... lol whats up with that. I even still throw in static pulse because its better than nothing ... thats pretty sad.

Shad
  4. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

AOEs don't hit mezzed mobs. Though AOE HOs do.

I use them in groups fairly often. If there is no Enchanter in the group I use them a lot and have never drawn aggro unless I've been impatient and not waited for Taunt. Even with an enchanter in the group we sometimes call AOEs instead of mez if the mobs are white or blue with no ^^s. It's quicker and the Ench has some useful AOE damage to add to ours.
    Blight is reasonably efficient if used as a single target DoT as well, which I do occasionally.
  5. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

i will tell you my name and server when you tell me what ou like about necs
  6. ARCHIVED-encrypt128bit Guest

You wouldn't believe any of us even if we told you because your to one sided.
  7. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

When you leave for WoW can I have your stuff?
  8. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

Hardly. At lvl 26 appIII blight costs about 90 power, to a single mob it hits for around 100hp (initial damage + dot over 2 tics). Dust Blast adept III ..cost about half that in power and hits for 100ish. No AE is "efficient" for single mobs, they are just not setup to be. Course nothing wrong with throwing a blight in if you have the power spare but its far from an efficient use of power.

And yes AEs will break mez if the mezzed creature is part of the same group as the target, siesm is a mez killer for same-group mobs. Some AEs will also break mez of any creature in group with target or not. The color of the spell icon and the description hint at which is which.

M
  9. ARCHIVED-Ulkesh-Blackburrow Guest

Hidohebhi, you're level 20! **mods 4 teh win!!1!** are you commenting about the necro class when you don't even have most of the spells that are bugged! How about you spend some time leveling then come back and write something wise? something based on personal experience and not what your friend said? The fact is Necrotasia is right, as well as Samedi in his post. Literally HALF OF THE FREAKING MID LEVEL NECRO SPELLS ARE BUGGED!!!! It's simply rediculous. Go read Samedi's post if you want the information otherwise continue making ignorant posts and exposing yourself as a moron.

Ulkesh <Bane>
    28 Necromancer of Blackburrow
  10. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

"Hardly. At lvl 26 appIII blight costs about 90 power, to a single mob it hits for around 100hp (initial damage + dot over 2 tics). Dust Blast adept III ..cost about half that in power and hits for 100ish"

I'm not claiming it's AS efficient as a single target nuke just that, IMO, the cost is not prohibitive against using it as single target if you want to.

"And yes AEs will break mez if the mezzed creature is part of the same group as the target"

No they won't. They won't even HIT the targets if you cast on mezzed mobs. But if you've all ready AOE DoTed a group and then one of them gets mezzed the DoT ticks will break that mez. Which seems pretty obvious to me.

"Some AEs will also break mez of any creature in group with target or not"

This goes against every AoE observation I've made or heard of so it would be great if you'd condescend to share which AoEs behave this way with us mortals.
  11. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

We'll I may seem godlike but that only because I figured out how to use the search function ;p

Red icon = single mob target
    Green icon = AE encounter group
    Blue icon = AE area (true AE)

It looks from the Enchanter forum that you are correct about "new" AEs not breaking mez ie AE cast after mez, I havent witnessed this in game myself but I'll defer to their knowledge of their own class. If true then its a welcome change. Obviuosly this news hasnt reached down through the ranks of mortal enchanters Ive been grouped with so far.

Lighten up and lay off the sarcasm ..your no good at it ;)

M
  12. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

If you cast the group AE after they are already mezzed, then it doesn't break. If you cast it right away and it lands before chanter gets to mezz, then it will break it every tick till the ae is done.
  13. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

I'm guessing the true AoEs are limited to Sorcerers then?
    I don't know any :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Ulk, why are you flaming me on this thread? I haven't posted crap about spells here. Oh and btw I think if you read my posts I am not denying the spells are bugged, I read and re-read these forums all day looking for constructive information. What I do object to is folks without patience who post how necro's suck on every single thread. How does that make me look like a moron? Hmm? People like you I object to in forums who react and don't think first.
  15. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

As for my play experiance, I have a lvl 67 Warrior, lvl 67 Shaman and 3 accounts worth of lvl 40+ charactors on EQ1 and am currently playing a 23 Necro in EQ2.

With my EQ2 Necro I have soloed Level 28 Mobs in Nektulos and eneded up with a fully healed pet and two bubs of power left. I can chain pull 4-5 white con (solo)mobs in a row before I have to stop and let my pet rest from all the essence shifts, can solo 2-3 yellow cons in a row before rest and I have no problem with my adept 1 pet loosing agro. The only time I pull agro off my pet is when I want to.

It has been my experiance over the last 5 years of playing EQ1 that, as a general rule, its not the class that is **** but the player. Rather then just assuming that because you got a L33T new uber skeleton at level 20 that you should use it exclusivly, try and find out what that skeleton is actually good for. Believe me, if your using your grim as a tank you WILL pull agro off him and probably die. Then you'll come here and whine and complain about how necro's are broken and all of us who don't suck will get a kick out of laughing at you. Learn what you spells do and how to use them properly and you'll quickly find out that necro's are a DPS Class that are very good at what they do.

As for the real issues?

The pet pathing bug sucks and needs to be fixed but its not a show stopper.

For some reason, not everyone seems to be having this problem but my Blight doesn't so DoT damage... I stack Static Pulse, Bludgeoning Earth, Siesm and Blight on mobs while I'm soloing and Blight never gets a icon in my maintained spells bar. Just seems to be one more AE Nuke that does like 30 damage (app II atm)

I'm sure there were more but thats all that comes to mind atm...
  16. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

To the OP. It's not just Necromancers who got shafted as a class. Conjurers got shafted too with buggy pets and spells. Seems like the Devs said screw the pet casters for the time being. I was curious to see if Conjurers had any of the same issues and they seem to have a lot of the exact issues that Necromancer's do.