Necromancers of the world unite!!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Necrotasia, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Necrotasia Guest

My fellow Kin and comrades,

As all you should know by now that the necromancer is underpar, feeble, nerfed, gimped, broken, etc.. Our services are not desired in groups, due to the minimal damage dealing we dish out. Our only real option is soloing, but that doesnt work out all that well either. Shamans and druids have more dps than we do.
    Sony desires a class balanced community, but we all know that their is no equality for necromancers. I have been called a "Negro", due to my class and their inferiority to others. The higher I lvl the worse it gets and the game's enjoyment factour fades with it.

I call all of us here to defend our reputation that was once great in EQ1. If you have something to add please do so if not just post your name saying you agree. Hopefully this petition will influence someone of power and things will be different.

A suffering necro
  2. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Think Think :smileymad: I might rethink my path, I will keep on the forums for more input.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

So far I am also not happy with the Necro. It has nothing to do with comparing the EQ2 Necro to the EQLive necro either. I played a Shaman and have no idea what it is like to play a Necro on EQLive. My observations are based on what it is like to play one on EQ2 and thus far I am unhappy, but I will stick it out and see what happens.
  4. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

I will agree that necromancers bring little to the table in groups, but I am content with that so long as I am able to solo more effectively than classes that fill specific roles.

You might try making a constructive list of specific things you would like to see SOE look into. (I personally would like SOE to address the many pet bugs that I won't go into in this post.)

Emotional appeals, anecdotal testimony and bald-faced opinion are not likely to inspire change.
  5. ARCHIVED-LuciferIXV Guest

Well, I am not happy being a necromancer because I am so weak to do anything, literally. If you do the armor quest from Keyteh the Witch at East Freeport (I think), it helps somewhat, but it's below mediocre.

Just an hour ago, I was trying to compete my second part for my armor quest- to kill the witches at the Fallen Gate. I knew- even if the witches are green- I would die regardless of my level. My pet- Grim Corpse- is just like a sacrab. I mean, I get killed almost instantly and I feel that it's pointless for me to go on with my previous character. Even if I called "LVL 20 Necromancer LFG" I don't get any welcomed invites. So, I am thinking about creating a new character, a Sorcercer, and then head to become a Wizard.

I LOVE BEING A NECROMANCER, but being weak and get killed instantly by 5 levels below me? No thanks! I'll pass and create another character until SOE fix this BS.
  6. ARCHIVED-MaxDamage Guest

I'm really disliking my Necro. I put all this time into it to reach lvl 20 and can barely solo a 16. My Grim sucks butt. My tellerian does ok but this is crasy. Also the fact we have nothing to offer the grps reakky sucks. My roots never hold, my pet never keep Aggro and my DD's and DOT's aren't that great either. I really hope they fix this class.
  7. ARCHIVED-darthgalaxious Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Jeff59 Guest

I don't get you people on this board sometimes, and i don't get how you can't solo mobs below your level at 20. If you don't like it fine, however i'm soloing yellows with ease, with a bit of luck i've taken out oranges and i can take out 2 blues at once and move on to a third with no downtime. So I don't get how that could possibly be a complaint. I did not read up on or play EQ2 til launch. Haven't played EQ1 in 5 years(played it for 1 year total), i'm pretty nearly a noob.

Nearly all my spells are Adept1, the other couple are app3. Have over a gold to my name, and another gold in unsold items(i picked up questing in FG). I am not part of a guild, have no one on my friends list and i solo probably 75% of the time. So if you don't have all app3 or adept1 spells, I'm not sure why, but it may be the problem.

No i dont get invites to groups(like Necros are the only class with this "problem"), but i do not get turned down asking a group looking for a tank/healer but has less than 3 or 4 members.

After all this, i still prefer my EQ1 Necro. I loved that character, and miss him. But i'm still having fun now.
    Message Edited by Jeff59 on 12-01-2004 03:44 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-GalletGun Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Not sure what Necro your playing but I bring alot to the table, my pet is so mean at 20 it can out agro a warrior of equal lvl, I have a caster pet that can deal great damage and melee without touching my power supply and as I progress and new spells are available to me I will become even more useful.

Upgrade your spells that is key, Adept 3's are da shyte. You will get out of the game what you put in so if you are a crappy player you need to try harder, the tools are there you just need to learn how to use them.

P.S.

This isn't EQlive so don't think of the Necro class in the respect...
  11. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Garad_Moonbeam Guest

If you're not happy, play something else.

I have yet to experience any instance where I was not welcome in a gruop, or where I could not function in the role I chose - a pet class who brings a hybrid of DPS, DOT, secondary tank, etc. Be smart about which pet you bring out, and about how you play the class and you should find it more than adequate. If you truly don't enjoy the class, play something else. Classes are not "balanced" by having them all be equally good at all the same things. The whole purpose of classes is to have different abilities and combinations of abilities.

Would you complain that you (or your pet) can't tank as well as a pure tank? I would hope not. So don't complain that you can't deal the damage of a wizard or that a shaman's DD's are more powerful. Neither of those are your roles, and neither can fill the same role as a necro.
  13. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

Quick question... what do you use to defog your glass navel in the winter?
  14. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

ok had a bunch of other stuff to say but not gonna.

HEALERS SOLO BETTER THAN US!!!!!

WE ARE BEING OUTDAMAGED BY ENCHANTERS!!!!

to whomever says this is not eq1 /smack
    this is eq2 a continuation of eq1 would die har1-100d be die hard without bruce willis? would star wars be the same if they changed the storyline in each epsiode?(not a eq story reference..like that) would they then still be called star wars?

coming into this game i had expecations for my nec and they havent been met, sadly they havent even been.... the EQ2 word of the year... BALANCED.

i think what they did was take evrythin in EQ on and reversed it somehow.

3 more days for them to fix us, heck i'd settle for them fixin our pet pathing issues
  15. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

You gota be kidding me. SOE stated EQ2 isn't a continuation of EQ1 that it takes place in a different time line thus things are different. The lore "Y"s about 500 years prior to EQ2 release. Get your facts straight.

I also have yet to see SOE state that everything is balanced in EQ2 also.

Being a 5 year EQlive player I can also say that you can go to any class in EQlive and solo.. I mean geesh man we are only like mid 20's right now with no one seeing lvl 50 yet, everyone is still newbieish and low lvl. Go back to EQlive if you can't handle EQ2. Oh and play a different class, maybe a Enchanter or Cleric... /boggle

Oh I almost forgot EQ2 & EQlive are not designed as solo player games, they have stated this over and over and over. In EQlive the fact that you can solo is a byproduct and in EQ2 they have added solo content to make people happy that prefer to solo but they have stated EQ2 is meant as a "group" game..

Message Edited by Viromage on 12-03-2004 12:22 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

geesh wow who woulda expected another ...
    if you dont like it leave or play another class
    how original.

how about you try to make a point that nec are fine. do you even play a nec?? did you play a nec in eq1??

i dont think there is anything wrong with me having certain expectations coming into EQ2 for my nec based on my EQ experience. it is everquest 2 if they were gonna make nec this different they shoulda called em something else.

it also seems that necs are this bad kuz the dev's knew that they had the rep of being to uber in EQ. they based their decission for gimping necs in EQ2 on things from eq.

but hey it is foolish for me to, yeah right get a clue.

lets think of a bunch of things that are 2 and take away alot of the main stuff from 1.

Jaws 2 revenge of the...guppies
    Halloween 2... santa attacks
    Night of the living dead 2... everyones alive in it
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ....the deadly spoon
  17. ARCHIVED-Jeff59 Guest

Oh by the way, my last post was based on the mobs i was fighting at level 19. At level 20 I am chain soloing yellows in nektulos forest and fighing oranges with no risk and minimal downtime.

As for Enchanters, just because they outnuke(which i am assuming they do from what i've read) does not mean out damage. At level 20 I'm doing 30-65 nukes(that i only use when grouping), a pet tank that does roughly 15-30 a hit, a mage pet that does 30-70, and 2 stacked dots that do 30-40 per tick total, that i can use while soloing for a full battle while rarely drawing aggro. When aggro is drawn, petrify, HO nuke, dead. Add them all up thats a decent amount of damage being done with very little power being consumed.

I can only imagine those upset are relying 100% on nukes, that would make some sense to me. Stop it.

By the way, if you think the class is crap, fine, your opinion. I am just arguing some statements that have been said that are simply incorrect, emphasis being on some of the blatant LIES about soloability.
    Message Edited by Jeff59 on 12-03-2004 02:29 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

i play a nec in eq2 and had a lvl 65 nec in eqlive, and i like my *new* nec. I had no expectations since this is a new game, and everyone is just fed up with the whiners.
  19. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

and alot of nec are fed up with ******* saying our class is fine. its not.
    did you see all the bugs i put down and how most revolved around our pet.

hmmm a pet classes pet being broke.....and you "like" it....
    what exactly do you like about it... make a list of things you like about it like i made a list of bugs ok?

things i like about a nec are........hmmmmm.......hmmmmmmm........hmmmmmmmmmmmm

do you "like" chewing on glass??
    kuz thats what it feels like every time my pet goes dancing around with that mob, or disappears into the wall. kuz that what it feels like everytime an enc says "CALL YOUR **mods 4 teh win!!1!** PET OFF" because my pet doesnt listen (yes i have MA target, yes i have a /assist macro...)kuz thats what it feels like when i see CC types solo'n better than me AND getting groups faster than me (no i dont have a bad rep i have a good one. i always get a heya hell how are u type thing when i regroup with people i grouped with b4)

i could go on but i think im talking to someone who lives in fantasy Norath, where everything is peachy, no bugs exist, and the game is 100% perfect.....
  20. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

If I were on your server, I would never group with you either. What server and name are you by the way, I would like to look at your stats. I have no trouble getting groups or soloing. So what if my pet sometimes gets stuck in the wall or runs around a little, doesn't bother me none. I don't think necs or the spell system is broke, I think they are continually making improvements and ppl are tired of your ranting and raving about it on every post.