Necromancers' needs updated

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apan, May 16, 2023.

1. Apan Member

I raid with both Necromancer and a Conjuror and right now there is about 30% difference in DPS between the 2..
    It's a big enough difference that MOST of the Necromancers' have betrayed to conjuror.
    Is there anyway DEVS give some attention to the Necromancer spells.
    I would hate to see it come to no one wanting to play Necromancer.
  2. MSMS New Member

get more support, 37k+ CB and press the buttons harder ;)
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I think the delta is closer to 10-20% but depends a lot on the fight. Conj seem to have more aoe and shine a bit more in that setting. If there's a single name and no mob stoneskins, the necromancer can close the gap quite a bit.

I'd like to see the Necro aoe abilities improved slightly and signature abilities like rot flesh and lifeburn given some boosts.
  4. Thrundaloo Member

It seems to me it is the other way round, Necro ahead of Conjy. Unless there is some DPS trick i'm missing for the Conjy - our abilities have mutated so much over time :/ I could well be missing something.
  5. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The experiences we've had across two top 10 raid forces with multiple conj/necro and benchmarking I've done across the other top 10 raids seem to point to a consistent 20% advantage to conj vs. necro.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

conj needs about a 10% nerf. just halve Fury of the Elements - done

necro needs to have Lifeburn do about same damage per cast as ancient BoilBlood (not same amount of maintained dps on parse - important) and give you +1000% bleedthru for the duration so it can't be offset and do 33% health dmg per tick not 25% like old, so it carries some danger with it again. necro is a superior class to a conj in all other regards (well the phys mit buff is nice for fury-healed mage group), anyway it's fine if it's like necro 5-10% dps behind, but not 20-25% like now - that's not ok. i'd switch back to necro in a heartbeat with this deal

fix
    - the most ridiculous bug with hearts losing powerfeed on death
    - idiotic AA bug that trashes pet AI into making Minion Soulstealing really low priority and is near-impossible to spot for an unaware average necro player

...and DONE. summoners would be as well balanced as ever. the Shangri-La is sooooo close, yet... so far
    Agarth, Dinger, ojomi and 2 others like this.
  7. Apan Member

Lifeburn hasn't been updated in over 5 years in the AA line and the same for a few other spells the Necromancer has
    I can agree there is about 20-25% damage difference between Necro and Conjuror that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    We've on majdul have had so many Necro's betray to Conjuror just because of the difference in DPS
  8. Dinger Member

Yeah the 20% difference without any real sensible reason... fix this please.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

Looks like a spell cast every year, and 6 months to find the counterspell. ^⁠_⁠^