Necromancer Thoughts/Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Faker, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Daryl Bones New Member

Is it really that hard to go and test what's being questioned prior to throwing insults around? lol. but Sylke is right. As a necro though, personally I find it better to call pet > Shadow step instead of SoD for the following reasons.

1. Insta casts (one has a short recovery time)
    2. I feel the uses of SoD, as a necro at least, allow you to do more in certain situations and call pet + shadowstep takes care of this simpler task better/quicker. personally, i've saved the group quite a few times with SB > arcane bewilderment > SoD to pet tank for a sec, rez healer, healer rezzes group, I kite away then FD and tank picks it back up.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

No, you are incorrect.
  3. Lews New Member

Do I cast it on myself or on the pet? (tried the latter and it didn't seem to increase the SB damage)

And in the same context: would I want to click the Kerafyrm's Rites charm for LB (buffing the group i.e. my pet instead of myself) or not?
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

Cast in on your pet.

Easy macro for it:
    Command 1: /target_pet
    Spell 1: Unstoppable Soul
    Command 2: /target_previous

This allows for easy cast without have to manually click something to target the pet and will leave you using the same target.
    Luciuz likes this.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

Doing some testing with Rites charm and SB (assuming you meant SB and not LB) at the moment. It's... interesting, at best.

General rule is: Unless you can time it perfectly (you can't, cause lag/server ticks), clicking Rites charm lowers SB damage.

[IMG]
    Blue box is my base SB damage (and some Rites clicks). Green is "perfectly timed" Rites clicks. Blurred lines are me testing something else. The 4 lines immediately below Blue box are Rites clicked before SB (and some "badly timed" clicks). The rest are the randomness that occurs when clicking Rites after SB, but not getting it timed perfectly.

So, to explain the "perfect timing"... There is a brief (sometimes very brief; sometimes it never happens) period where the 20% and 14% effects are affecting you at the same time (so, 34%). If you can manage to get SB to fire (not when you cast it, when it actually does damage), you will get the Green box type increase. Otherwise, you could get more or less damage, with it tending towards the less end of the spectrum. And this was done in the guild hall with no raid lag.
  6. Daryl Bones New Member

I haven't done extensive testing with it, but from what i've seen, you're better off with say the Charm of bound flames + Salvo instead of the KR charms. The damage is higher from what i've found all around. Gonna take another look though.
  7. Sylke Well-Known Member

Yeah, I picked up a spare Rites charm and was just testing with it on my Conj. Haven't had a chance to see where numbers are in raid versus the Growing Power I had before (because Bound Flames is lame and never "drops" for me :( )
  8. Luciuz Active Member

Ah. My apology. It seems as though you misunderstood me Daryl and Sylke. What I'm talking about is when you are trying to cast Soulburn but your pet isn't in line of sight to cast, this is one of the ways to get them back in line of sight. Yes, casting Soulburn before SoD will disrupt it. This is two different things. Also, this is implying you are using scout pet. Forgot to mention that.
  9. Faker New Member

Ok....another issue. Well, I'm presuming it isn't, but might test at lunch and see whats up.

The prestige necro AA's. The endlines, specifically Accuracy from Strength, Power from the Soul, and Vitality to Strength. These all effect potency and crit bonus by a certain amount, but you have to have used an ability in the last 7 seconds for it to be active.

Now, on paper, these look like they'd be total home run hitters, but if I just stand still for a minute, and look at my lifetap damage....it's 100k. (Making this number up, but you get the idea)

I cast a few spells....and it is still 100k. I'd have thought it would've went ballistic from reading what these endlines are supposed to do. Am I missing something?
  10. Sylke Well-Known Member

The listed damage should go up, but it won't be some astronomical leap. You're just gaining another 100-150 or so CB/Pot from the endline activating.
  11. Darkanian New Member

Daryl,

Where would you place "Spellbind", "Rot Flesh" and "ET"?
  12. Daryl Bones New Member

Darkanian,

In my rotation, I place ET fairly close to the beginning, second spell after bloodcoil (I usually bloodcoil at the beginning because 1: it has a long duration and 2: it allows the tanks to get set w/o really doing anything too crazy). shortly after, I follow up with my Dumbfire rotation. My dumbfire rotation is undead, salvo charm, blighted, spellbind, awaken.

Casted this way because of the duration of spells... Undead(12 secs), blighted(12 secs with cloak), and ET(~24 secs) last long enough that if you cast spellbind after blighted horde, all three get the max benefit of your temps. same goes for casting awaken after spellbind.
  13. Daryl Bones New Member

wewps, forgot the Rot Flesh part... Rot Flesh follows all of this because, again, durations. the 6 seconds is JUST enough time to line up with the rest of Undead, Blighted, and Undead. while still effecting ET and bloodcoil because those things last forever.
  14. Swanga Member

You should post some parses.
  15. Daryl Bones New Member

I don't have any on me atm, but after raids next week I'll hook ya'll up with some.
  16. mudfaced New Member

we'll Iv seen luci numbers and he hits over 100 mill /shrug
  17. mudfaced New Member

I've jumped from 20 to 70 in 2 weeks listening to him
  18. mudfaced New Member

(10:10) Dhael, the Iron Forged Construct: 364535095 Tranzelda-Temporal Mimicry-262994137
    Joedo | 43590035
    Scrag | 39183012
    Mudsd | 35158294
    Cech | 33608044
    Raenm | 32179899
    Wartu | 26342027
    Mcsum | 26012571
    Tranz | 20527143
    Celes | 18581662
    Phaec | 11603087
    Ramee | 11368556
    Peryn | 9904469