Necromancer Spell/Pet Issues (Consolidated)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Well since these spells are what, a grand total of three weeks old? Of course with this list we at least know it's broken. I plan on choosing it anyway. They will fix it and (except another reset with the next "Bag Patch") the choice is permanent.
  2. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

So what you are saying is that since the spells are only a few weeks old we should not expect them to work? Has it really gotten so bad around here that we are belittled if we expect things to work when they are put into the game? If we have only waited a month to get something to work correctly we are asking too much?
    wow....
  3. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

That's a pretty stupid interpretation of the post.
    The spells are a few weeks old, were broken when they went in, and there have been no "fix" patches since then. So it's pretty [FaarNerfed!] to expect them to be fixed at this point.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sundancer Guest

Actually, I disagree, what's pretty flubbed is to NOT expect them to work when PUT into the game. If it's new, then it's SUPPOSED to have been through test. Even if it's "old" it's been in beta, and through all sorts of testing. Does ANYONE actually test these things practically? So many of our spells (and we're not alone, I've a 30 Fury, 22 Ranger, 20 Warlock all with equally bugged spells) do NOT work as intended. So many are flat out bugged.

Giving the pat "this is a complex game, give them a break" thing does not work here. The game engine works reasonably smooth, though it locks up frequently, has memory leaks, etc. Nothing else works smoothly. Every class has MAJOR flaws. And, to date, few have been addressed. Not even a consolodated, from the Devs, acknowledgement of this stuff. It would be nice if they'd take the time (a few hours per class, guys, you've got quite a large staff) to TELL us what's actually bugged, and what's intended.

Invisible... NO, not intended to reset timer before recast. Half the time, when you recast, you can refresh instantly. You WILL become visible the instant you start to cast, just like ALL other MMO, including EQ1. But, you'll only be visible for a few seconds. Makes sense. When the bug occurs, all you can do is reset and wait 30 seconds plus cast time, to re-invis. Sometimes VERY dangerous. Not intended to work that way.

Same with pet buffs. This is all linked to a general broken feature in the spell timers, and probably involves something not setting correctly between server and client, so the server doesn't reset timer correctly. Should be fixable, but clearly is a zero priority for the team at the moment (more interested in nerfing or "balancing" tradeskills atm).

Pet dance, BIG BUG. This bug is starting to interefere with my ability to get on teams. And it's making solo play nearly impossible, as well. YOU try FINDING solo mobs. Now, factor in that they're burried amids groups, and your pet dances the mob deep into enemy territory, out of range of your heals, or dots, or nukes. You just lost t he fight, and it didn't even start. Run out of range, kill pet, resummon, try again.

Sony, this makes the class VERY tough to play. It breaks our very nature of combat. And, yet, to date, not a single peep from them about this. Not a "we know this is an issue and are looking into it." Nada.

No, I expect, when something goes live, it to WORK. Period. No excuses. No 90% of the time. Just 100% always work. WHENEVER this does not happen, someone did not do their job. Whenever this occurs, it should be top priority. Especially when it goes to the core of function for that product. Spells and abilities not working for EQ2 players is the core ability for them. If it does not work, then EQ2 does NOT work.

Oh, wait, that's okay. Game's only 4 months old, right? Maybe by next year, some of our abilities will work? Give them a break, and give them another year of your money?

No, get angry. Only by making noise, will you see ANY changes. As long as they feel they can focus on other things, they will. Only when they feel they MIGHT lose customers based upon their bugs, will they do something.

BTW, WoW, which outsold this by twice as much, is back in business (was out of stock for a while, and overloaded). Wonder if we'll see a new drain. I know my server's getting empty in the Freeport area.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

"Actually, I disagree, what's pretty flubbed is to NOT expect them to work when PUT into the game. If it's new, then it's SUPPOSED to have been through test"

I agree with all this however it is not the case. Thus my post commenting on how things really are, not how they should be.
  6. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

What about the pet-in-a-wall issue?

In some situations, if the pet attacks a mob in a tight area, both will go into a wall, and you often can't get them out again. You can't damage the mob and you can't cast anything on the pet. This happens in narrow dungeon areas frequently. There are parts of Stormhold where a necromancer really remembers how much he relies on his pet because he is suddenly rendered useless.

Actually, pet pathing is so bad in narrow twisty dungeons (new issue slipped in here) that you might as well not summon your pet until the group has reached a destination.

Some sort of "call pet" feature would be helpful if it could be integrated without affecting balance...but I guess the 30s cooldown for resummoning a pet gives you plenty of time to explain to your group why they can't attack anything yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

I often simply resummon a new pet while the old one is still alive and off wandering (I am bad to forget and leave him on "guard here") so there is no 30s cooldown required. All you need is an empty concentration slot which can be easily provided by killing Magi or another quick-recast buff.
  8. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Thanks Seeko--never thought to try that. Can you do that while your pet is soloing something in a wall?
  9. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Yes you can, sometimes he'll lag way behind when you're running somewhere and start fighting, so you can just recast him whenever you want as long as a concentration slot is open.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

You can also retreat your pet and whatever he's fighting well away from a wall a and it'll make the mob targettable again. Has to be well away though.

Another way (which is trickier) is to drop the pet, chain the mob then step back and summon a new pet.

Timing is more critical in the 2nd option of course, and you risk having too much aggro if you let your pet fight it for a long time and a ton is transferred to you when it dies.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I wont be able to play till later this week so I need you all to play with spells since today's patch and see what has been fixed and any new issues to come up =)
  12. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

Other than being indirectly helped by the DoT stacking fix it seems Necros got nothing else this patch which his very disappointing.

I've checked the rats - they still strip the encounter and our own pet buffs.

Might be worth doing some parsing to see if the changes to other classes abilities and NPC stats have affected our pets' performances at all.
  13. ARCHIVED-katahn Guest

Did the DoT stacking fix allow for two necromancers in the same group to both use their DoTs and have both DoTs affect the mob? If not, I'd still call this a pretty disheartening state. While we can do serious DPS with our DoTs + pet, without them we are reduced to low powered nukes (this is intentional by design, no argument) and a pet. Not only does the second necromancer lose about 1/2 their potential DPS, its pretty boring to be in a fight and have little more to do than /pet attack, and then cycle weak DDs and essence shift as needed while keeping your pet buff up.

I'm not expecting buffs/debuffs to stack, but I really wish the damage portion of a DoT wasn't similarly restricted. Necromancers aren't the only subclass affected by this, and honestly it really took a lot of the fun of playing a necromancer out of the game for me. Particularly since I was often grouping with a fellow necromancer from my guild.
  14. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Just a note about the SoR bug. Apparently casting ANY pet will cause the same thing. This includes skellies and whatever else. This also happens for the illusionist's SoR equivalent, the construct of order.

Can someone confirm?
  15. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

I'm fairly certain (this isn't a confirmation--it's just something to look into further) that the shadowknight summonable thingy "Tainted Sacrifice" (at lvl 27, probably with upgrades further on) does the same thing.
  16. ARCHIVED-strathas Guest

Shadowknight pet removes debuffs as well :smileysad:
  17. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

After some playing around yesterday I found out that Grisly Brace has a similar problem as the training ability... after you cast it, you get the standard cooldown, but if you don't refresh it before the ward is broken through then you need to wait another full cooldown.... was kinda irritating, but I guess it could be worse since you can just refresh it before the ward is broken. I suppose it could also be the intention of the spell to have 2 cooldowns... /shrug

Could someone else please test and verify this? Not sure if it's on the first list already either, but I read it on the training issues but not on the general spell issues.
  18. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

Oh, and the L35 illusion is bugged to show hair (like the L50 Lich spell) as well.

It's called something like Nylph's Ghost Form when you buy it, but it turns to Nylph's Misty Form when you scribe it (or something like that).
  19. ARCHIVED-MrPibb Guest

not really a bug, but definately a functionality problem.

I usually duo with an Inquisitor or a Warlock, and we found out early on that players cannot do indirect targetting thru pets. This definately puts a crip on healer/pet class duoing. Normally the Inquisitor will be swinging on and nuking the mob, but he has to click on the pet to throw a heal on it, then click back on the mob. This wastes precious time and has the potential to cause problems (you can always have targetting problems if you are right up in a fight. Since you can do the indirect targetting thru mobs as well as players, it seems that the functionality should work with pets as well.

When Duoing with another mage type, I usually send my pet in against one target and then switch to another target in the group and keep that one rooted. It would greatly assist in avoiding accidental nuking of the wrong target. The Warlock definately needs to be nuking the mob that the pet is tanking, easiest if he can target thru the pet.
    Message Edited by MrPibb on 02-04-2005 01:59 PM
    Message Edited by MrPibb on 02-04-2005 02:00 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Jarent Guest

40 Necro here

Yesterday , I dinged 40 and chosen Zarvonn's Vitae Gorge (Level 40). As stated in this topic , this spell is seriously bugged. I am disappointed.

I reported a bug about this ..

What is SoE doing ? Do they put spells without any test ? I am myself a sowftware engineer , and testing even takes much more time then developing. These people are charging us lots of cash every month , and yet they don't test spells that they develop ?

I am really really disappointed about these bugs. We report them , but still nothing is being done. They only want to earn much more cash by putting benefits to solo players and becoming much more rewarding like WoW is (vitality , more rare item drops etc.) ...

These are of course good as well ... but why don't they first fix the bugs instead of those ? And please do not put spells without any test !

I am really getting annoyed about these. I can use only 50% of my spells as expected , this shouldn't be like this in my opinion ...

Kindest regards,
    Jarent