Necromancer Spell/Pet Issues (Consolidated)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

hmm, incorrect seeko. i am playing now and the recast timer starts as soon as i cast both of those spells (25sec)

-50 Necromancer of Blackburrow
  2. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

That isn't a bug. It is the way it is supposed to work. The bug was that, if you waited the original recast time (the one stated on the spell description) and cancelled or recast teh spell you would have to wait an ADDITIONAL recast time. That is what I was referring to when I said that it was fixed.

All spells have an initial recast time. The bug was that many of them had TWO recast timers. One when cast and another when cancelled/expired.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Just wanted to update the community on this. I just got a PM from Moorgard on this and the Aspect of the Undead line bug of needing to zone for effect to land (fixed for Conjis but not Necros) that he is passing this on right now so they devs are aware. There is already a scheduled hotfix for tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

i know it's not a bug. I thought you were saying it was still bugged as you said in your previous short post. misunderstanding.
  5. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Heh - yeah. It's confusing when a spell has one bug fixed and another created in the same patch. The only "bug" now is pretty non-critical in teh fact that they aren't supposed to ever expire, but they still do.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Pet buffs cancel when you zone
  8. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

So does the pet ;) I guess until the pet is persistent then the buffs cannot possibly be...
  9. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

Has anyone else noticed any problems with Swarm of Bats recently?

Yesterday when I got on (late evening) I was using it and was noticing that it was occasionally dropping after 1-3 ticks instead of running the normal duration. I really didn't kill much stuff, just a few grey quest mobs and a few named... just seemed like in around 2-3 fights on XP mobs that Swarm would just disappear from maintained after a couple ticks. I could not tell due to spam whether it was still ticking or not (like WA/DC used to). Any feedback would be good...

Is this explained by the "new DoT mitigation" thing? Are mobs going to be able to completely drop a DoT after a few ticks if they get a resist? Or is Swarm working fine and I was just having minor issues with it (or am I just smoking too much [ninja'd by Soandso])?
  10. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Probably a mitigation thing. Earlier level spells would drop quite early sometimes when used against higher level mobs for as long as I remember... problem is SoB (hehe) is right within your level range. Mobs breaking the spell is my guess though it probably shouldn't be unless it has some off the wall to hit modifier.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Mitigation sounds about right via a resist. My concern with that is should one tick being resisted terminate a dot.
    The example used above was swarm of bats disappearing from maintained window earlier than expected. Should not the resist occur like this:
    Assume a 4 tick dot that does 100 points of damage.
    Spell cast on mob.
    Tick 1. 100 points of damage.
    Tick 2. Resist. No damage.
    Tick 3 100 points of damage.
    Tick 4. 100 points of damage.

If the resist occurs in only tick 2 the mobs should take 300 points of damage out of the total possible of 400. Not 100 due to a second tick resist which terminates the dot. The only exception to this would be an initial resist. This isn't the partial per tick mitigation but rather the mob resisting the spell in total.

I can understand a case for saying the 1st resist terminates the dot as it means the mob shrugged off the spell. But in effect that means a mob has multiple chances to greatly decrease our damage output. Reducing for a tick seems fair. Term inating complete dot seems unfair.

Sark.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deyil Guest

I have noticed that corruptor's buff, grim presence, has a timer while the pet icon doesn't. That means that i have to resummon the pet if the buff expires.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sonic X Guest

Bah, add my issue it's pretty valid, any other gnome here can confirm it. Pretty please? lol :)
  14. ARCHIVED-xAlaric Guest

Message Edited by xAlaric on 09-07-2005 04:03 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Verified this last night, got to the point I had the early fade of the spell accounted for in my spell cycle. Happens this way every time.
  16. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

This is a minor bug but it exists so I figure I will post it. With Swarm of Rats or Dogs, if you are fighting a mob that can cast rats of their own (I first noticed this when I was killing lamias in RiverVale) you cannot cast rats of your own at the mob. I am uncertain if they have to cast their rats before yours or not. The only times I have noticed it is when they have allready cast their own rats

Estean Bonerattler
  17. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

More of an annoyance... but here.
    If you cast rats first, then they cast there's no issue. Two swarms of rats.
    If they cast first, then you're stuck till their rats are dead.
  18. ARCHIVED-xAlaric Guest

To add to the Swarm of Bats issue (24 second duration DoT, but timer stops ticking down once it reaches 8 seconds remaining, eliminating a solid chunk of this spell's usefulness)...
    Chains of Torment has a 36 second duration - but it stops ticking down once it reaches 6 seconds left. The spell ends and the root ends on the mob at that point. 6 seconds is a lot out of 36, that's one sixth of the usefulness of this spell eliminated out right :(
  19. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Does everyone's Lich graphic do the same thing. I turn into a skelly with flames around me. But I have a beard and mustache and a pony tail type thing at the top of my skelly head. Is this what most people's form looks like. It will look pretty cool once they remove the hair.
  20. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Any official word on Words of the Wicked and Rending Frenzy? They still have timers and LU6 said those were supposed to be gone.