Necromancer Mini-Minions?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-DreadRanger, Dec 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-DreadRanger Guest

I haven't played since the first time they messed with the Necromancer minions (anyone remember the nice stitched flesh golem you could get as a quest reward?) and I was pretty dismayed at summoning my first minion and seeing that I had summoned a juvenile halfling skeleton! Who thought this was a good idea? I can make the little dope smaller, but no bigger...you know, like humanoid size. The itty-bitty iksar skeleton really looks dopey.
    How long is it going to be before I get a grown-up portion minion? I'm pretty burnt out on the kid's meal.
  2. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

ever try leveling up?
  3. ARCHIVED-DreadRanger Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    Thanks for the typical asinine WoW remark. You were most helpful.
  4. ARCHIVED-Silverkit Guest

Pretty sure he is right, level up you get better pets.

The Teir 9 tank pet is an undead orc in full plate armor riding a horse

[IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

Yeah this isn't like WoW where you have the same pet at level 90 as you did at level 1.
    A little fledging necromancer can't rip a demon from the Plane of Hate. At best he can take a few bones and annoy an orc with them. Get a few levels and maybe it can hold a sword and shield. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-DreadRanger Guest

Thanks, guys. But in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't my first time in the barrel here. My new necro is level 13 at present and the teeny-weenie is more than a bit off-putting. I don't expect to level without my minions changing as I go. The itty-bitties are just stupid, especially when that's all you've got to work with.
    I guess this game isn't content with sinking. It has to make shoelaces for itself out of lead. Stupid me. I'm just a Star Wars Galaxies Creature Handler who never learns.
  7. ARCHIVED-The23rdBull Guest

DreadRanger wrote:
    Well, level up. :) Our T8 and T9 pets (T8 especially) are really cool-looking. I don't particularly care for the pint-sized pets that you get at low-level either, but that's just more incentive to level up quickly!
  8. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

While not being a big fan of SC, I did spend 300 on a petamorph (iirc) wand so my lowbie necro has a nightblood pet illusion - there are quite a few alternatives available
  9. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

The quality of your spell also matters. If you are using your default Apprentice spell, try upgrading it to Adept from the broker, or harvesting to get a rare jewelry metal cluster for your tier and having a sage craft the Expert version. Or -- if you are flush -- try the broker for masters.
  10. ARCHIVED-Alima_Tunare Guest

If you were a ratonga everything would seem so BIG!!
  11. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

The instant you turn level...24, I think? You get a nice big froglok pet. They get better later on, just push through it and be glad it isn't a bat and a spider still.
  12. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Stupid question, but you didn't /shrink your pet, did you?
  13. ARCHIVED-DreadRanger Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    Hahaha. I actually wondered that too so I tried the spell and discovered that my pet became even smaller! Actually, I rather liked the spiders and bats. The mini-skeletons just scream "noob". I've seen the froglok and frankly, I'm not thrilled with that either. What happened to the nice, gooey zombies? I'm still grieving over the loss of the long-gone stitched flesh golem that we could get before they tried making the Necros into WoW Warlocks.
  14. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Ah agree, ah miss the old pets, like the fish-lipped ghoul/goblin thing and the butler zombie
  15. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Pretty sure the zombies are the mage pets, though I could be mistaken as I never end up using anything but the tank pet on my wee necro. And yes, everyone agrees the itty bitty low level newbie skelly pets look kind of silly (they should at least be normal size not look like someone hit them with a shrink gun) but they do change as you level up so /shrug.
  16. ARCHIVED-DreadRanger Guest

Before, the zombies were the earlier melee minions. I logged into my previous necro and discovered that the zombie has become the froglok skeleton. Silly. Whenever I see Shuffles in Neriak, I wonder for a moment why my pet's running around on his own! I just got the caster minion who is a walking corpse. Not bad, but I want to tie his mouth shut.
  17. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Undead Knight IV is also a plain human skeleton (not sure on size as ah shrink all mah pets), it used to be the ghoul/undead goblin
  18. ARCHIVED-Vaylan77 Guest

Same for the Conjurer. The first time I summoned my pet I thought what a joke and why do they give me a shrink spell - how much further should I shrink that thing? I too think that those beginner minions are too small and don't look like fun for new players. Instead of those mini minions they should give us normal size ones but weaker ones. Standard skeleton also shows that it is beginner. Doesn't have to be tiny on top.