Necromancer Insights?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Xzyled, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Xzyled New Member

Hello folks,
    Have a few questions about Necromancer, would love some input from the community.

1. Potency then Ability Mod better than everything else?

2. Rotflesh or Graverot? I seem to be able to do more damage overall with Graverot right now (no Ascension yet). Do they mod off the same stats?

3. Ascension Classes... Will I lose all my bonuses to damage abilities for noxx/disease if I use any Ascension other than Thaum? Or do they calculate the bonuses before making the damage another type (I may jsut be very confused on Ascension classes)

4. In the Dragon AA tab do I need to try for both Spellbind and Ancient Fury? For that matter any Advice in general or in depth is appreciated. I mostly just look do solo/group stuff.

5. How much resolve do I need for group content/heroics? Does having over that amount amount to a waste of a stat?

Thanks in advance for any help at all.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

1. everything has its price in equivalency. you need to provide more detailed context to receive an answer that's of any value

2. politically correct: depends. subjectively self-righteous: without self-rez that's in rotflesh line you might as well be a conj. full graverot will win on mass pulls. for most, u want to go with split prestige to help you hit CB cap; with enough gear/tithe/infusing can consider full left.

3. you will lose lich procs and usefulness of ur nox debuff. nox debuff in particular non-trivial consideration in solo/heroic play, but thaum (for now) is so much worse than ele/ether that it doesn't matter. in solo play running without the dmg-conversion buff active might be slightly superior to gain debuff benefits at some potency cost. altho, unless you're select few challenging yourself with soloing very hard content, none of this really matters as things simply fall over in solo content regardless.

4. yes, both. Dragon ward (2nd column) is brokenly OP. insta cast cure is amazing

5. resolve over target is useless. resolve targets in red (when in group, so subtract 50-60):
    http://eq2library.com/ka/strategies/
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Potency and ability mod are certainly important. Cap crit bonus. Get fervor items. 100 doublecast also very important.

For when your damage actually matters (boss fights), graverot is significantly lower than a hybrid 2 points in the DoT of rotflesh dual conversion build. I tested it recently.

Also, as stated above, the dual conversion helps boost your stats. Getting a purely crit bonus boost would be overkill in this expansion anyway.

I am level 10 thaumaturgist. I like it. Fits with the necromancer concept in that you get blood magic and damage over time compared to a few harder hitting abilities that etherealist provides. Once you have your epic items that boost virulent outbreak, you have some very nice spells to cast that seem to keep your enc dps right up where you'd want it, though thaumaturgist will not have many skills that are going to show up as hardest hitting one shots compared to something like ethershadow assassin. Bottom line on ascension is that there is not really a bad choice, but geomancer would be weird.

Feel free to check out my spec for some dragon page ideas along with prestige ideas. I am currently using fastcure spec which is built for high damage along with good hp and survivability/utility
  4. Moorefallen Active Member

Some good advice Here on this thread also I put together a good read to cover some basics that should help refresh things bit HERE just remember its a work in progress:p
    Zelless likes this.
  5. Zelless New Member

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!!
    Moorefallen likes this.
  6. Moorefallen Active Member

I created it for fellow guild mates but I am Glade you found it useful.;)
  7. Moorefallen Active Member

Bahh can not edit to fix glad.... So now I am stuck with a glade:p