Necro

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Microdeath, May 14, 2020.

1. Microdeath Member

I haven't play in about 2 years and I wanted to know the state of necromancer in raiding. I did get the epic pet but wanted to see how hard to join a raiding guild and if player base is dead.

Tks
  2. Tittle New Member

Not hard to join a raiding guild, but hard to compete as a DPS class without significant money and getting last year's blue adorns for the fervor. You may find a guild that is willing to do that content, but just walking in its going to be hard to get a raid slot in a competitive guild. That said, there may be more casual guilds that are raiding and have a spot for you.

You can get the epics spells from just finishing the timeline. Mages just got a significant boost, because they have been behind scouts most of the xpac and needed some fixing. I am not too familiar with necros if they need their epic pet or one of them between 111-120 now. Leveling from 110-120 take a matter of 30 minutes of doing the first few quests of the timeline.
  3. Occam Well-Known Member

Necros are in a great place right now BUT, as Tittle said it might be tough to earn a spot in a competitive raiding guild without doing a lot of work first. If you want to get into a more competetive/hard-core raiding guild you should be sitting at a minimum of 300+ Fervor, 180k+ potency, 7500+ CB, 100+ ADC, and 4.5m+ ABMod SELF buffed. That said, you should be able to get into a more casual raiding guild without those kinds of stats.

Other things to consider:

1. Ditch the epic pet. Your scout pet at expert does more DPS than epic pet at ancient.
    2. Get your Awakened Grave to ancient and spam that sucker every time it's up. Coupled with high ABMod, it's a BEAST right now, and easily sits at the top of my parse.
    3. Remember that group makeup makes all the difference. If your raid leader gives you a troub and illy you'll do FAR more DPS. You typically have to prove you deserve them more than the other casters in your raid though, and that's where the monster stats come in.
    4. Install DarqUI and put your rez and heal on your raid window. Your DPS doesn't matter if the raid is dead, and a well timed rez can make all the difference between a wipe or a recovery. :)
    Argosunited likes this.
  4. DVINA New Member

Blighted Horde is no. 1, without competition. And use Soulburn and Rot Flesh !!
  5. Microdeath Member

how do you get the blue adorns from last year?
  6. Observing Active Member

There are 3.

1. No requirement. Buy with last years currency and 2M status in Fabled Kael Drakkel, but to get to the vendor you need a port or a brawler or a self-rezer with a few hours to kill.
    2. Kill Soren (x4) in Fabled Kael Drakkel for the most important one. For a lesser one, kill all tier 1 raid bosses from last expansion.
    3. Complete the Doomfire raid zone flawlessly from last year.

Or buy them on IOR server for 3-6 million each and transfer off after 30 days (unless you had enough foresight to already have a character on IOR).
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

A necro with like 150k potency can get there solo in like 5 minutes
  8. Occam Well-Known Member

Doh! DVINA is correct, I meant Blighted Horde. :)