Necro vs Conjy

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Airdna, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Airdna Member

For strictly soloing which can take on more and kill at a decent rate? Thanks all! I did google but a lot of it is outdated.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

For soloing, it depends upon the skill of the one doing the soloing. A Necro may have a slight edge over the Conjy as far as keeping the pet alive (given the number of pet heals - both direct and indirect - that they have access to). Nevertheless, a conjy that knows what he/she is doing would have a clear edge over a necro that doesn't.

tl;dr - It depends.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

Necro is safer, conjy is faster. Both are great soloers.
  4. Airdna Member

Cool thanks guys :)
  5. Arathena New Member

I've been soloing for 90 levels and have loved every minute of it! ;v) You just have to keep track of two things. Your character's limitations and YOUR OWN limitations.
  6. Supermarshmellow Member

I honestly like Conjurer better because the way i see it its this
    Conj=3/4 power of a wizard+great pets
    Necro=Warlock without aoe+ average pets
  7. Jofe Member

I would say Conjy but im bias:cool:
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Necros also have a nice edge with their mana regen.
  9. Mohee Active Member

I haven't played a necro, but I can tell you, for 7+ years my main was a conjuror, I never had a problem soloing heroics, and even epic mobs with ease. (and im talking without a merc)

Healing the pet is super easy on the conj, not sure how it could be easier on the necro.

Specially in the later levels, 1 heal = full heal on the pet, plus you get a bunch of stoneskins for the pet, and plane shift to make them uber for those "oh sh*t" moments. Once you get elemental blast you just kind of 1 shot most stuff :p

Like I said, i'm sure necro's don't have much problems from what i've been told from other players. But just thought I'd let you know I always found it super easy to kill heroics, even epic mobs.
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

Both have great pets, and both are forces to be reckoned with in the right hands. That said, necro's have near limitless healing for their pets, but that comes with some massive hate gain, whereas conjy, from my understanding has alot of stoneskin options for their pets, and those have far less hate gain than flat out heals.
    Either way, for a soloer, you can't go wrong with summoner. Worst case scenario, pick up a healer merc if you need it.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I never had a problem with heals generating hate. It's usually my DPS that does it..
  12. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Depends what you are "taking on." The big difference pet wise is conjs have more stoneskins, while necros have better overall pet heals. Conjy pets are better at surviving raid content for that reason.

Necros also have a variety of quality of life related stuff that conjs dont have that can be helpful when soloing. FD being the most obvious, along with mana regen.

If you just want to solo near-equal level heroic instances a necro is probably the better bet for the FD and mana regen. There are some very specific prior expansion raid encounters where the conjy is the better option, but they're few and far between. In general you should pick based on which class you like better, not which is maybe 3% better.
  13. Magic Missiles Active Member

I vote necromancer. Conj will possibly deal a tiny bit more damage- if the pets stays alive.
    However, the Necro pet is quite a bit better at staying alive.
    At 95 and max AA the pets are pretty solid but before then it can be a real issue.
  14. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Necro pet is definitely better at staying alive in normal conditions. But a conjy gets access to way, way more stoneskins, which can make a big difference in soloing raid content. Not to mention the best necro dps tool, lifeburn, is problematic and annoying to use when soloing particularly hard content.
  15. Erszebeth Active Member

Later in the game the heals aren't really a problem as the pet does enough DPS and hate gain to counteract it, but earlier on, with my necro atleast I found that harder heroic content, where I mostly just healed the pet I would rip really fast, whereas just DPSing I was fine.
  16. Thalador Active Member

Blood Pact FTW
  17. Zantheous New Member

pure soloing? Necro. mainly because FD and with your life taps and heals you can basically keep your health and mana equal between you AND your pet. for more grouping and a little more damage i'd pick Conj. yes everyone mentions the stoneskin so once you reach raiding its easier to keep your pet alive. but i think the bigger hits make it more fun to play. animations are cool on the necro tho ;p