Necro Spell changes and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Sabutai, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    i remember pulling all of miragul's menagerie to the entrance just for the hell of it when you could send your pet from anywhere as long as you got a target, lol.

also on the dumbfires, i think they should be made useful but still be hard to use if you want to maximize DPS from them. imo the way to fix them is remove the bugs causing them to not attack(obviously), make them immune to DS/riposte damage, have them be effected by AE immunity (bloodpact, item procs, blade dance, etc.), and then increase DPS to an appropriate level. that might not make them our #1 DPS spell but i think it could make them a spell that we at least cast when the AE timers are right. whatever they do though would be fine by me, as long as they do something.
  2. ARCHIVED-PhoenixBrother Guest

I personally keep hoping that some day (granted, I won't hold my breath) SOE will realize they've been bullying the Necromancers, and they will give some love back. I'd be happy with 70% of what they've taken away. I know, I'm living in a dream world where there are unicorns and rainbow fairies, but hey, I keep hoping.

Lifetaps (Single/AoE): One thing that has pissed me the *beep* off ever since I found out about it is the Shadowknights' lifetap abilities compared to ours. SOE preached that our pets needed to be nerfed because our warlock/scout/tank pets shouldn't do a better or equal job as someone who is a "true" mage/scout/tank because that would upset the masses (screw the masses in my opinion). However, a Shadowknight (who by definition is a paladin gone bad, necro wannabe - aka not a "true" necro) gets better lifetaps than a Necromancer. Their single target lifetap does more damage and heals them for more, and their AoE lifetap does more damage per mob AND heals them for an amount PER mob it hits. For Example, a shadowknight is attacking 10 mobs. He/she hits their AoE lifetap. It will damage all 10 mobs for, let's say, 6000 (since there is no mob cap), and it heals them for 700 per mob effected. 700x10=7000pt heal. If SOE wants to be consistant across the board, they would stick with their "true" classes' abilities being better than the "wannabe" classes' rhetoric. I know it's hard, SOE, but that applies to the Necro as well.

Dooming Darkness: needs to be gone, or just make it a dot that decreases hit chance with a cool black cloud graphic. If the mob can't see, they can't hit as well. It makes sense to me, and it actually would do what its name implies.

Vampirism: needs to have its "glass cannon" function removed. It was great in theory guys, but in practice, it sucks.

Hearts: The power given back isn't really enough to throw a stick at. A Conjie's Shard has a better return. I thought we were supposed to be equal, SOE.

Blighted Pack/Stench of the Grave: They die as soon as the mob does an AoE move. Give us an ability to make them AoE immune, or just make them immune.

Ooze Crawler: Make its debuffs unresistable. If we spent that many AAs to get it, it should be worth it. Also, we have to sacrifice our main pet to use it, and that's where a majority of our damage comes from.
  3. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

you might want to play an SK then.
    they have it much worse than us.
    i know because i took up a challenge after i said something stupd like what you just did.
  4. ARCHIVED-PhoenixBrother Guest

I know because I have a buddy that I leveled up with who played a SK. We compared numbers. Thanks for the thought-provoking and enlightening input though, but do try again. Have a nice day.

I do believe you just held the mirror up to yourself while trying to point it at me.
  5. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

while this is not the place for class envie posts i would like you to play one not " a buddy" that you convieniently say you have compared numbers with. lets see the proof of these numbers.. i have both an SK and a necro and i can say SK is in far worse shape .

that being said this isnt the place to say "SK get this and that, we should too" . ( they are not even the same archtype.

this is the place to work on the problem of what is the root of the balance issues with our spells.
    its a fundemental problem with how our DPS is engenered through grafic dots that can be killed vs true dots ,
    its the implementation of certain gear.
    its the way our aa are structured ( not so bad honestly)
    its the way our class role is defined in the 3 diferent play groups
    its a lot of things but it is not another classes fault

nice mirror
  6. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

seriously change life burn to something that can be used with out straining healers and does the SAME dmg as it does now. NO other class is so dependant on another toon for their dps to the point that they cant dps to their potential if the RIGHT class is not present (defiler heal thru lifeburn anyone?) it was fine when it was a HUGE dmg ability but now that necros have fallen so far in the dps parse some one needs to make this dam ability less of a pain to use.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

Hey Kiara! You stickied the class issues thread for every other class. How about necros? Please?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kryoni Guest

Necro's have been beaten with the nerf bat so bad we all look like dark elves.
    My tank pet cant tank unless I spend 40+ aa's and spam his taunt every time its up.
    My mage pet hits like a 5 year old girl
    my scout pet doesnt exist.
    my debuff pet doesnt do anything with resists the way they are now.

The sorcerer's are the top of the caster foodchain when it comes to damage .. i get that.
    why are the enchanters(who get more utility than any other class cept MAYBE bards) kicking my butt on the parse every fight unless i have 20 dead mobs and 5 healers healing me?
  10. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

I have a 80 illy and a 80 necro, its hard to find grp with necro, with illy i get invited to more grps, and in instance runs my illy can outparse my necro :( ok, she has a little better gear, but still so sad, i love playing my necro :(
    And for raiding i should forever forget about raiding with necro when they know i have an illy ....
    I agree that changing LB to something that doesnt make necros depend on other classes would be nice :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    You cannot be serious. This is FAR from a useless spell. I would have like to see it as an ADDED pet rather than a replacement pet. Maybe a debuff skill added to current pets. You pet is now covered in dark ooze?
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Kryoni wrote:
    ROTF
  13. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

Vlahkmaak@Venekor wrote:

What spell were you referring to from the quotes you used?
  14. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Here is a list of the Necromancer's spells. Please copy or edit to add your comments on what spells you would like to see changed and/or add your suggestions for which items you feel need to be revamped and why. Summoners do need help but Necromancers are in the most need. Conjurors get more group-oriented buffs than Necromancers. Conjurors have the ability to grant group members a heat-based proc, damage-shield a group member, mitigation buff and sacrifice their pets to heal the group. And let's not forget CoH.

With a couple open concentration slots I would think we could be offered some changes in the future to make playing a Necro more enjoyable.

Spell List:
    Necromancer

Solo/Group--> non-Raid spells
    72 - Plot- small stun
    73 - Chains of Eternity- root
    77 - Horror- fear
    74 - Control Undead- charm undead
    * Dooming Darkness (snare that was never upgraded not included in T8 Spells) last upgrade lv 51
    Group Buffs
    79 - Teachings of the Undead- Group sta/int buff.
    75 - Grave Favors- Group max power + poison/disease mit buff. (Higher vs. disease.)
    Mana
    79 - Devour Vigor- Converts pet's health over time into power over time for the necromancer.
    73 - Miragul's Dark Heart Summoning- raid wide hearts
    73 - Darkness Heart- single heart
    Pets-->Cast 9 seconds w/o mythical or AA's
    73 - Shadowblade
    75 - Grim Sorceror
    77 - Undead Knight
    Mage pet:
    Grim Life Tap
    Grim Bolt
    Grim Distortion
    Grim Wave ae dot
    Grim Devastation ae dot
    Grim Embrace dot

Heals
    80 - Necrotic Reconstruction- Transfer's health from necromancer to pet + small health transfer over time.
    74 - Filter Life- Transfer health from the necromancer to an ally.
    Debuffs - IF they land
    78 - Mortality Mark -wis/sta 102
    72 - Siphoning of Souls- str/int 92
    71 - Vampire Bats - Single target piercing DOT + defense debuff.
    Pet Buffs
    78 - Howl from Beyond- Pet buff granting atk speed buff + offensive casting skills buff + disease damage proc w/ small heal; decreases defense + parry.
    80 - Grisly Protection- Pet buff granting magical mitigation + max health + hate gain buff + aggression + disease damage-shield w/ reactive heal; decreases atk speed + int.
    80 - Necromantic Pact -Pet buff granting chance for pet to cast noxious debuff on enemy when it makes a successful attack or is damaged by an enemy.
    78 - Rending -Pet buff granting chance for brief atk speed/DPS buff on successful attack + greater chance on taking damage + 100% chance when pet strikes a deathblow.
    Dumb Fires
    75 - Grave Disturbance dot recast 1 minute
    77 - Pack of Imps dot recast 1 minute
    78 - Undead Horde dot 15 min recast
    80 - Vampirism dot 3 min recast
    Dmg spells
    72 - Bloodcoil dot recast 8 seconds
    76 - Drain Life recast 9 seconds
    71 - Soulrot dot recast 3 seconds
    71 - Bloodcloud ae 25 sec recast
    76 - Pandemic ae dot recast 9 seconds
    *Word of Force mage special spell from Splitpaw- single target Direct Dmg spell does not proc lich
    AA- Lifeburn - dot recast 5 miuntes
    AA- Ooze Pet- debuff
    Spell/Proc
    76 - Gluttony recast 2 minutes (dmg+heal to group pets)
    80 - Demilich- Self buff granting power over time + extra disease damage and small heal on successful hostile spell + undead illusion. Recurrent health cost. Can be toggled off.
    Misc spells:
    48-Revivication- In combat single target rez once every 60 seconds.
    40-Deathly Pallor- Feign death with 100% success. Reuse 5 minutes.
    5-Invisibility- Makes self or other invisible.
    9-Dispel Magic-Single target spell removing beneficial magic spells from enemy.
    9-See Invisibility-See invisible self/ally spell.
    *Possess Minion- Possess pet for a short time also have the ability to use/cast their CA's, spell etc...
  15. ARCHIVED-Emanon Guest

*bump*

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?
  16. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Change wisdom AA line-please.

All dumb fires 2 sec cast and 2 sec recast. Otherwise please consider making them true dots and not fun graphics that are a waste of hot bar space.
    Dumb Fires

75 - Grave Disturbance dot recast 1 minute
    77 - Pack of Imps dot recast 1 minute
    78 - Undead Horde dot 15 min recast
    80 - Vampirism dot 3 min recast

Make it actually worth spending AA points and to really debuff the mob with AoE immunity since it kills the Necro's DPS.AA- Ooze Pet- debuff

Make Gluttony group buff that includes pets vs just benfiting pets only.
    76 - Gluttony recast 2 minutes (dmg+heal to group pets)

Misc spells:
    Make into a group rez of up to 6 people and recast redcuction.
    48-Revivication- In combat single target rez once every 60 seconds.

Make a group invis.
    5-Invisibility- Makes self or other invisible.
    Change this or just remove it.
    9-Dispel Magic-Single target spell removing beneficial magic spells from enemy.
    It's broken currently and has no real benifit. Please change it to a fun spell and give us something useful like a small pet that adds 2% crit or 2% BOE boost.
    Possess Minion- Possess pet for a short time also have the ability to use/cast their CA's, spell etc...
    Other suggestions:
    Add a T8 Spell for all pets. Please add a direct damage life tap spell like Drain life for the mage pet and please add something to allow the scout pet's hit % to be 10% greater. It is very low.
    Reduce Undead Horde to 5 min recast for the love of god!
    Change or add into our AA lines to allow us to have out pets have a % of our gear bonus'.
  17. ARCHIVED-loramil Guest

LazyPurple wrote:
    Not totally useless. I use it for Tainted Heals all the time.
  18. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Maelfic@Permafrost wrote:
    well darn you got me there. it's been a while since I tank spec'd and solo'd. it would still be nice to have it be a useful spell to all mages and proc tainted heals
  19. ARCHIVED-Shalwin Guest

I guess I'm just going to have to face the fact that the Necro class is a giant pile of steaming crap for now. I realize the pendulum of power swings in MMO's, but geez... I think we're actually at the rock bottom of the DPS ladder.
  20. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Well, I am not much of a pvp fan but Warhammer is coming out. If the new aa's line are not brilliant and game play changing then i am starting to think what's the point in playing eq2 any longer. If it is like...
    ...the necro vp set gear vs other mages. FAIL!
    ...the summoner class robe from soh vs other mages. FAIL!
    ...the necro lv 80 spell is a horrible joke vs other mages lv 80 spell. FAIL!
    ...the fact that we did not get an upgraded T8 spell for the pets which means Necros did not get all T8 spells upgraded vs other mages. FAIL!
    ...necros only get to use a portion of their +dmg and +crit vs other mages get 100% benefit. FAIL!
    AA's won't fix us but they could be a gaint band aid. If I am expected to earn another 60 AA points and see a parallel shift to where necro's are still **** compared to other mages then to the devs in charge i say...FAIL!