Necro Spell changes and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Sabutai, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    Well like sciomar stated I would like to see rending as a raid buff instead of a pet only buff. If that was the case it wouldn't need to necessarily made to effect mages, but it would give us some usefulness in raiding. Make it like tandem but for scouts. We usually have 2 or 3 conc slots that have never been utilized as long as the game has been out.

Vampirism being useful on 1 encounter in the entire game just shows how much of a joke it is, I would love to precast this sucker on the MT.

UT in its current form needs to be 5 mins or less, period. So many restrictions on everything we do is just a joke. No other single class has so many limitations on their dps spells.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

Changing the name of the thread to "The New Necro Bug/Issue Thread" isn't going to work either for after twenty post's stll no dev has replied to this one so what makes you think they would reply to a different named one?
    I've have to admit I am no expert but I have noticed some differences. I think that is biggiest reason why I have taken my time in leveling up my necro because I already know there is no real demand for necro's when raiding. Of the few I havn't seen, some of them are not making the top 5 on the parse's but maybe when they cast LB. We need something done but as to when, if ever is the question here.
  3. ARCHIVED-khanthemighty Guest

I've read this entire thread, and I'm going to take it in another direction...
    If you look at most classes in EQ2, you can definately see where the two sub-classes mirror one another. Dirge, Troub. Brigand, Swashy. Etc.
    I love the summoner class, and have one of both, and the thing that really bugged me for the longest is that, of the two pet classes, the necro seemed the least 'pet centric' of the two. Why is it that the conjy has four temp buffs, three perm buffs, and an ancient teaching that allows them to manipulate their pet to no end, but we get ONE.
    I would love to get rid of the following, and replace them with temp buffs, akin to the conjy:
    Drawing of Souls - what a piece of crap spell, only three do damage and the two temp buffs are crap.
    Dooming Darkness - I know it doesnt progress into T8, so I guess this one is already 86'd.
    both heart spells - no longer needed utility
    vigor - see above

... and replace them with:
    1) damage shield when taking melee (think conjy 'scorch shield')
    2) temp noxious damage proc for us that scales based on how many dumbfires/pets we have attcking at once
    3) death prevention spell that siphons health from us when it procs (not like AA ability; temp buff, fixed hp hit, fire and forget)
    4) a disease version of Blazing Avatar
    5) a version of stoneskin, but short temp buff, based on boosting avoidance through the roof.

Plus:
    - transforming 'Vampirism' into a group (raid wide with Mythical Epic) wide buff that acted like 'Tandem' or 'PotM', that procs siphon damage for a limited time for casters.
    - change 'implode' into an instant group heal via pet sacrifice with same recast conditions
    - combine souls and mark into one spell to make room for new additions
    - make void pet a permenant pet choice and make end ability for pet line a +dbl attack, + casting skills, + attack speed, + melee skills, + crit%, + % chance to strike through permanent buff
    ...everthing else regarding UH, rending, and lifeburn I agree with...
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

khanthemighty wrote:
    You guys get Lich instead of Blazing Avatar. Sometimes I'd rather have Lich than BA.

And you guys get Feign Death instead of Stoneskin. I'd argue that Feign Death is more useful utility-wise, Stoneskin is more useful for keeping the Conjuror from getting 1 rounded.
  5. ARCHIVED-khanthemighty Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Archlich only lands if WE land a spell, and with spell resists the way they are, its only a nominal improvment to DPS. Now, let archlich proc on pet and dumbfire damage, and now were talkin'...
    The avoidance booster I was referring to was for our pet. I wouldnt give up my FD for anything. Conjy pets get a stoneskin and a death prevention spell... must be nice....and dont get me started on Phase shift and Communion...
  6. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

khanthemighty wrote:
  7. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

I see there still isn't an official reply or comment?
    Ever wonder why?
  8. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    Sure, and here are the potential options my brain comes up with:

1: Competing business priorities (i.e. the upcomming game update, next expansion, guild halls, etc) are keeping the devs busy and looking at the Necro class to see if fixes are warranted is simply not a priority task at this time.
    2: The Devs dont respond because they already know there are some tweaks needed, but it wouldn't make sense to go spouting off on what they think before comming up with and agreeing (amongst the Dev team) what needs to happen. Not putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. Responding now might lead to expectations on our part that will be unrealistic - so the Devs wait until they have a game plan nailed down.
    3: The Devs do not think there are any issues at all with the Necro class. They want to discourage further discussion and avoid lending any credibility to our claims - and so do not respond. Having a Dev respond even to say "everything is fine with our class" would only encourage us and generate more discontent.
    4: The Dev team assumes nobody will ever be 100% happy and there are always people that think their class is broken and other classes are too powerful, - they further assume since this board represents a tiny percentatge of current Necromancers, that over all, Necros must be happy and that this forum is simply a medium for the small percentage that are never satisfied 100%
    5: Devs dont read the forums, or if they do, its at random and infrequently. There is no Dev dedictated to Necros or caster issues (that I'm aware of) and so we are faced with the prospect that the Devs have not reponded because they dont even know this thread exists.
    6: The Dev team has responded, but they did so using invisible type and secret alias' - we can't even see their post, but....it might be there...someplace.
    7: There is no Dev team. SOE is run by Alien matchstick people that are unable to use keyboards.
    ....its gets worse from here... ;-)
  9. ARCHIVED-NewbJoe Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    I hate giving out Hearts in the middle of a fight as well...Usually a Cleric class or a SK pestering me for hearts especially in raids this drives me nuts.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Odium wrote:
  11. ARCHIVED-khanthemighty Guest

Real problems, or not, it has been SOE's MO to fix percieved problems with classes by adding a small number of ill thought out gear additions to the game's loot inventory. While in essence, by acquiring these items, certain 'broken' or 'neglected' classes may get some boost in abilities, SOE fails to think completely through the creation of these items, allows them to be used by all subclasses for that item, thus making the disparity even greater.
    A change to the necro class, on the scale of the coercer overhaul, IMHO, will never happen in this games lifetime, and will probably only occur during the next incarnation of this game, if they ever make anything like EQ3 or something.
    I've played a Necro as a main for over 4 years, and have seen the raid necessity of our subclass literaly drop of the map. I would like to remain positive about the possibility of getting the dev's attention, and posts like this at least give them a springboard to look from...but as many posters dont say out loud, but really believe, dont expect much...
  12. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Trangoul@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    LIAR!
    no such thing as an SK on a raid!
    my thoughts. you know i never really liked subutai but i find that i agree with him 90% of the time and it annoys me.
    i would say though keep the dot style of life burn instead of a 1 shot purely because using certain heal items and getting heals plus casting our taps right after give us a slight bit more dps. i would instead like to see the ratio of damage to life increased.
    i would also like to see master tank pet have thier agro fixed . its still dificult to hold agro when soloing with him as i can pull agro easily. I have a conj too and i dont have this problem with earth pet nearly as much.
    other than that all the ideas i have have been posted by others for the most part.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    /Agree
    totally agree on swarmpets, and relying on other classes to get LB properly done. Most of the time i cant even use LB because if in a pug grp we only have one healer its like 99% of the time they dont care about the necro's health/dps or they dont even know how LB supposed to work so they just rather not waste time healing me :(
  14. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

imo the best fix to necros would be increasing our dumbfire pet's damage. i don't really like the idea of making them AE immune, i think just increasing their damage would help our DPS and also make the class more fun to play. you would have to time your dumbfires so that they would have the maximum amount of time up between AEs making the class require more skill to play, not just spamming a few DD and DoT spells in a certain order after sending pet in to attack.
    that and make LB less dependent on a good healer to do max damage, dieing to choker with LB sucks and not having the choker on hurts our DPS compared to other classes. i still think the choker needs a nerf or a T8 upgrade, otherwise people will be wearing this piece of T7 heroic loot for a long time and i don't like the fact the best piece of loot for a slot is from an old tier much less from a heroic instance from an old tier.
  15. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

quamdar wrote:
    This is a bit off topic but wanted to respond.
    This is because our +SD cap is very low in the area of 500-700 w/o items to increase our base spell damage. Wearing the choker boosts your spell base damage and allows the wearer to add more +SD over the typical cap. What we need to replace the choker is item(s) that will give + base spell damage vs just + SD/Crit and doesn't kill us on LB :).
    Another peeve is heroic content loot being > = raid loot. I still can't figure out SoEs' logic on itemization this expansion.
    There are a few items from even two tiers ago that are still worn for raiding because of the proc. I don't think this is going to go away.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    t7 proc gear doesn't cut it in t8 raiding so that gear has gone by the wayside. Gear with +tobase tho is because of how the mechanics work now.

Quamdar can't believe you don't want dot dumbfires, I know it takes the thought process away from these spells, but come on how many encounters can you really say you can time them for max efficiency? Most of the time they are getting riposted, the AEs are spread out so you only have a 10-25 sec window, you can't control where they go and I've even seen them sometimes not even attack the mob they just stand by me. There are too many mechanics in place preventing these from working at all, let alone reliably.
  17. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

quamdar wrote:
    the dumbfire pets need to be unerfed, they where fine as dot's matter of fact they are dots that dispell with dmg now, and that makes no sense. i agree making the class more powerful should be done in a way still requires skill. i never liked the /pet range i belive it closed the gap between skilled summoners and spamers, so that would be a good place to add some challenge to the class.
    the chocker is fine as it is, calling for gear nerfs is lame.
  18. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Yep, totally agree on the t6/t7 proc gear. I was never a supporter of proc gear but at the time it was the way to go. My statement is accurate though, there are raiders still wearing this stuff albeit not as many as there once was. The choker is still a must for a raiding Necro IMO to up our base damage cap.
    Yes the swarms standing next to you after you cast them is a new feature to enjoy....enjoy their company while they remind you just how useless they are in T8 raiding. I guess its a "you never call me attitude" and they want an explaination. This behavior happens more freqently if you happen to F8 or tab to mob in question while you are casting the spell if using implied target when starting the cast.....nice bit of bugged code there. Because of this I normally stay on implied till they are cast and otw before I F8/tab. Doesn't mean they'll actually go all the time but it lessens the "lets play with master" habit.
    The /pet ranged its ok, with the pet pathing of old even after you parked it away from the mob it would run in to melee........Always loved that, with their uncanny habbit of doing it always when an AE was about to go off. Remember Labs anyone? Now with the /pet ranged you have to watch the pets' LoS otherwise it will look like its attacking while its actually just sitting there....btw where did the pet messages go? Nothing like the "good feeling" you get 60% though the mobs HP to see your pet's power pool sitting at 100% cuz there was a bump in its LoS :) or my absolute favorite, you can't attack the mob message when you and your pet are in the same spot but the pet can't see the mob because of some LoS issue that happens to be only affecting it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote:
    you can thank those that exploited LOS to pull mobs for that.
  20. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Oyce@Kithicor wrote
    yea, i rember those days but when i got in to my flow my pet dint wonder more then a few feet away from me before it was called back and set back to attack. only said that cos someone said something about dumbfires being fixed would dumb down the class, when in fact it does little to even time them. they usually still wont get the entire duration, and this was a nerf back when all the other classes where not sitting at 80% to 90%+ crit and 1K+ spell dmg.. seriusly the limited pets dont do THAT much dmg even with consumption (prenerf) it was not like CRAZY dmg or nothing.
    i never liked the /pet range there use to be a huge dps gap between necros that could multi-task that into their cast flow and those who /pet attack and forget it. either way the class dont need another nerf so the /pet range can stay as it is.