Necro reforging help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rael, May 1, 2013.

1. Rael Member

This has been driving me nuts for ages. I had almost abandoned this char trying to get my head around certain things (how the stats interact) and for some reason this guy is just giving me trouble. I have some new gear to hand to him but I am seriously struggling to work out which stats to aim for when I reforge out of the spell weapon stuff. (edit, I should point out the new gear is nothing great, just very minor upgrades to what he has on now, like I said I haven't played him much)

I can't work out the formula for potency and ability modifier (honestly don't try to explain it to me I have read pages and pages of what are probably basic explanations but my prescription addled brain is just crying in frustration).

I am just hoping someone can just take a quick look at the stats I have on this guy and tell me if I should be aiming for more ability modifier, or if there is another stat I should go for (double note this is reforge stats only - I'm pretty much ok with putting adorns on).

With my other 95's it seemed easier but they have melee stats so it was obvious and they had more options worth reforging into.

Many thanks to anyone who does this http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168961519918
  2. Hirofortis Active Member

Go to http://www.dragonsarmory.com/ to see about potency and ab mod and the like. It will help.

Beyond that your pet is a major portion of your damage. As such you want to refoge itesm that the pet does not share. Such as spell weapon ...

You get the most bang for your buck when you reforge out of those. Casting speed is honestly to easy to get for mages these days, so no need to reforge to that. Same with reuse. Once you get to 100 on each of those you are good. Use dragons armory to see what your mean ab mod is and work towards that. Then it boils down to getting your int up so you can get more ab mod. :)
  3. Rael Member

Thanks, thats why I posted the link to my toon. My casting speed and reuse is already at 100% so I'm not worried about those. I always reforge out of spell weapon stuff anyway. Dragon's armory only shows me what my abilty mod and potency is, I don't know whether it is worth reforging into more of it or to go for something else until I can get better potency on gear or adorns in order to increase abil mod cap. Also can't reforge into INT which is why I specified that it is stats I should be reforging in to that I am looking at.

I know that potency increases the cap on abil mod but I am stuck with the calculations as to whether I am at its current cap or if I can get further. My ability to concentrate really is dire (long story) and I look at one thing but when I look at another to compare or work something out, I totally lose track of the first thing and it is leaving me frustrated.

I much prefer to work out the stats that suit my way of playing but I really am hoping someone can say, reforge to x until ..... or to say leave x at that and reforge into y instead.

The link I gave is to my toon on eq2wire which shows all the stats I currently have.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :D
  4. Morphius Member

Reforge to ability mod. If not available to reforge to then reforge to recovery as that stat is the hardest and rarest to increase. 9k is a general number to work toward on ability mod and recovery is 100. If you need a third stat to reforge, health is always golden for Necros for their lifeburn. Other stats needed by you are more commonly and readily increased by gear/adorns/aa/etc.
  5. Mystere Member

It is not possible for you to reforge more potency. I don't know why you keep saying that. You can ADORN more potency, and pretty much every slot that can accept potency adornments should have them (primary/secondary/ranged); since you're a non-chanter mage, you should favor potency over crit bonus. There are no calculations needed for potency. Just get more. As for REFORGING spell weapon stats, choose ability mod over everything else. Again, no calculations needed. Just get more. If a piece of gear already has +ability mod on it, then choose whatever else you need, recovery, health, etc.