Necro question on Dps

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Busko, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Busko Glads

Hi guys i have a prob and have been spending a lot of time over this testing each way..Now is have set up A better than set up B

(A) 60% (more if i can get it) spell double attack 20kMod 570 Potency and 4s range weapon delay, the dmg on range weapon is about 200k each hit

(B) 40% spell double attack 15kMod 425 potency 550cb 600dps 10% flurry 3.6s (cap) range weapon delay , the dmg on range weapon is 600-700k +multi each hit is like 1m lol

a lot of mage keep telling me just more and more spell double attack is the way to go but hitting for like 700k every 3.6s seems very nice and even with 40%SDA i almost double on every spell any way.

Thanks for your time.
  2. Kaberu New Member

You are leaving some information out (such as CB for A). Without parses, it's hard to judge but you are losing 150 potency with setup B which means your dots can't take as much advantage of ability mod, which means the extra damage from a higher CB is less effective per point than setup A.

Keep in mind that the problems with 150 less potency also affects your pet and that the weapon bonuses do not. You are gutting the spell damage of you and your pet just to see a higher number every 4 seconds. With setup A you are most likely seeing a larger gain in spell damage than you are from autoattack damage in B.

But parses can help figure out a pure damage issue like this.