Necro pets question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cogg, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Cogg Member

I just started a necro...only class i havent tried. Why are all my pets the size of gnomes? will they ever get normal sized? Also...Zam shows them as being bats and stuff...yet on the list shows no skeletons at my level..yet i have one..an undead knight. Did sony change it?
  2. Tylia Well-Known Member

3. Scrubbs New Member

Originally when the game launched the Necro pets were spiders and bats and things of that nature to start. There was a revisiting of the pets in the game (not sure if all) and Necros were instead given pets like undead knights, grim sorcerers, etc. to fit in more with their style. You'll get pets in 3 different flavors I believe: fighters, scouts and mages. Each has a different look and as you get higher level their look upgrades to make them look more powerful. I could be wrong about any of this as it's been a long time since I played a necro, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

They'll get bigger. They're small now because you're new and you can only control small undead. As you gain in power, so does your pet. They change in appearance as well, both from spell quality (masters look better than experts, which look better than apprentice), and each new summon spell. By lvl 95 you have a big floating skeleton of swirling bones. Much better than the little baby skeleton you start with =)

The wiki information likely hasn't been updated since the pets were changed.
  5. Tylia Well-Known Member

Wiki looks to be updated. Zam is not. ;)