Necro Pet buffs: extremely annoying!

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nynaeve, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Nynaeve Active Member

everytime you die (esp. in PVP) you have to cast 3 buffs on the pet + the instant-rez (if it happens to be up). I don't even bother to store a 2nd pet, because it also "resets" every time you die.
    This buffing up takes Necros longer out of the fight than necessary. Many other classes can simply revive and re-join the fight...
    to fix this I suggest:
    1.) Buffs need the stay up on revive if the pet did not die.
    2.) make the buffs INSTANT CASTS, and/or merge them into fewer buffs.
    3.) stored pets should remain stored if you die (after all, the pet did not die)
  2. VeilShard Active Member

Yep I noticed this too and I don't even die a whole lot because I dont PVP or raid and I am still newish at the necro. My pet is still alive so I should be able to get right back into fighting but have to rebuff it every time. I can't imagine the nuisance in PVP.

Question regarding stored pets.. I haven't played with it much.
    Do you need to buff up a stored pet before you store it? Or do you have to buff it up once you bring it out?
  3. Koleg Active Member

you really should think about switching to an Assassin or Ranger; but then I suppose you complain about reapplying poisons too. Your SK and now Necro thread posts are all based around PVP and how each class is so poorly balanced. Maybe try an inquisitor or Fury, I hear they are guud at PVP.

PVE cannot be balanced in PVP... fact. Enjoy the aspects which do somewhat function and grab the free unchallenging loot.
  4. Nynaeve Active Member

and you should think about getting a better attitude. I told this to Estred already - people who constantly try to put down others, and suggest "play another class", "you fail", "you don't know your class", etc, aren't doing themselves a favor. It only makes you sound like you're ignorant and full of yourselves.

What I wrote about Necro Pet-buffs applies to PVE equally, it makes no sense, it's just annoying. If they can technically make the buffs stay after a rez, I hope they do so soon.
  5. VeilShard Active Member

Nynaeve there's always people who complain when someone asks for an improvement or fix even though it doesn't effect them at all, if they have problems with their classes buffs then make their own threads not troll others. You would think that you asked for an insta-kill "i win" button for the necromancer rather then a simple issue of rebuffing a pet who never died..
  6. Bloodlich Member

I've played on Nagafen on and off for 6 years and I know every second counts when it comes to pvp, especially with a class like the necromancer. I'd suggest merging the morality mark spell line with rending and leave the offense/defense buffs the way they are. Leaving the pet buffs on if it wasn't killed is also a good idea and it just makes sense to me. I mean, why do you need to rebuff something that didn't die in the first place?
  7. Morphius Member

I play in a PVE server and very rarely die, unless it is a raid wipe. If I do die and it seems repeated, I figure out what to do to prevent it in the future. When I do die and I am not wanting to be number 2 on the parse, I buff on the fly. I mix the pet buffs in with dmg spells until the pet buffs are all back up again. Thus minimizing the time and dps lost from rebuffing the pet after dying.
    Waukegan likes this.
  8. Morphius Member

There is one thing that is very annoying that is related to this subject. After reviving and running back to where it was when you died, the pet (since the beginning of the game) lags behind and follows just beyond the point where Rending (which has a shorter range than the other pet buffs) is not castable on to the pet. All of the other pet buffs are castable while running and have a long enough range. Hint: increase the range to rending to equal that of the other pet buffs so that this doesnt happen SOE.