Necro or Summoner?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by EQOArabidfan, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Dread1313 Active Member

I didn't... It was a pretty straight forward question.
  2. Azeren Member

As far as live goes, Conjuror do seem to be ahead of Necros for this expac, if equally geared/skilled and such.
    From what I've seen on the TLE Conjuror also seems slightly stronger there, was grouping on my 39 Conjuror earlier today and was doing more dps than the 50 Necro in group, but again, easily could be gear/skill differences, just from my observations Conjurors seem slightly stronger on both servers right now
  3. Dixa Active Member

fight length plays a part. blood coil needs 36 seconds to do it's full damage.

also many necros are just not playing right. pandemic is another dot that should be used on single targets as well. the class has the mana to burn on encounter abilities even on a single target.

bloodcoil, vampire bats, dooming darkness, pandemic need to be kept up and not clipped, soul rot on cooldown, lifetap on cooldown, both dumbfire pets on cooldown, bloodcloud on cooldown, bloody ritual on cooldown pre 50, and do not delay wand aa's. do not waste casts on debuffs like mortality mark someone else in the group is likely already doing that.

that's actually a good number of abilities some of the more modern mmorpg players are not used to tracking all at once, or at least not on a strict and easy rotation.
  4. Sprok Active Member

MFW
    Azeren likes this.
  5. Clywd New Member

Dixa, actually the necro debuffs are the most valuable asset of the class, at least on raids.
  6. Rubick Well-Known Member

Can confirm. His dps is far better than the necros I've played with, but skill could be the biggest factor at play there. Either way, both classes seem to be in a good enough state that if you're good at one of them it can top parses. And it's not hard to be good at a necro, like at all. So while a conj may be able to squeeze out a bit more dps, a bad player could do better on a necro because it's so easy a caveman could do it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

And Conju is hard then? :p
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, playing a conjy isn't hard. Playing a conjy excellently is, however. Ditto for necros. An excellent, skilled player who knows their class is always going to do very well.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Well ofcourse, same goes for every other class in the game. No class is hard to play at all once you have figured out how to move your character around and read what your spells do. Having "skills" in this game is translated into having gear and class/mechanic knowledge. Conjuror and necro is the same ****. So is wizard and warlock, bruiser and monk etc etc. With minor differences ofc. So saying Conju require skills and necro is caveman easymode is false.
  10. Dixa Active Member

it's very easy to play a necro poorly. i have seen it done first hand.

dot classes are easier to play poorly than straight DD classes.