Necro or Illy

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vladislav, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Vladislav Active Member

Hello,

I am returning after a break and looking at a necor who has started on POP or lvl 100 Chanter who barely started Thalumbra trying to decide which will get me fastest to grouping and possibly raiding. Last time I came back, I got a little bored soloing through a ton of sig lines trying to catch up, so I am hoping for being group-capable in next 60 hours of playtime with a gold sub, but no RMT at all.

Necro is grinding through PoM quest for sphinx and might get into PoI tonight, lvl 108 and no Epic 2.0 . Illusionist is fresh into ToT. Reading through these forums it looks like an illy might be more forgiving entering group and raid scene prior being fully ascended. I prefer the necro lifestyle of soloing heroics and old raids, but at this point I would like to group and feel useful sometime in the next few months.
  2. Magmag Active Member

Are you Vladislav the old assassin that used to be in Valhalla and/or Flawless? If so I used to group/raid with you on a wizard named Magnificent. To answer your question the illy will be in higher demand and great players can really shine on an illy.
  3. Vladislav Active Member

No, unfortunately I am not the same Vladislav you know.

Thank you for the recommendation. It looks like necro would have to spend almost a year farming to get to T1 DPS, vs Illy being able to just putz through sig line of each expac and start on serious grouping within 3 months.
    Magmag likes this.
  4. Inquirewithin Member

You can get necro to beast way before 3 months. FYI