necro nerf with LU 20 or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Benboe, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

I'll do both..cover all my bases I guess...lol

Even if they delete 90% of the PMs that come their way they most likely read the subject line, enough to see it referencing a certain thread in a forum. Enough to catch their interest, if there's multiple PMs referencing that thread...

~Yira
  2. ARCHIVED-mellobri Guest

Schrammy, it's wonderful that your pet is taunting for you on single mobs, however, my pet is NOT. I know they have it listed in their CA lineup, however it is not working for me. I am simply not able to fight solo mobs and have my pet tank them, period. In your small group, your pet may have received a buff or DS that allows him to do this, I do not know.
  3. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Have you checked your logs?
    I don't know which color codes you have but when it taunts/damages i get the numbers in yellow on screen. There has to be something else wrong as well if your pet is not keeping aggro at all.
    Have 2 necro guildies who confirmed the bullcrap i type here, so i do not understand what might be the issue on your side. What server are you on? Anyone else have similar issues?
  4. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

If he does use the single target taunt it is close to as borked.
    I never pull agro from single mobs as I was doing last night...even after I was aware of what was going in.
    Who knows...could be related to lag or other factors but the AOE is definately not there and the singel target is not working as it was pre-LU.
  5. ARCHIVED-mellobri Guest

I'm on Permafrost, and no, I have not checked the logs. All that I know is if I let a blue single down or no arrow con mob get to 80% before I even cast a spell, then cast one DOT followed by one tap, I have aggro for the rest of the fight, even if I do not cast again; whereas the night before, I would have to try really hard to grab aggro from single or group targets, using my temp spells as well. Again, the pet might very well be taunting, but it is VERY ineffectual if it is. I was able to use the exact same strategy before the update, and not pull aggro.
  6. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

I posted this in the game discussion area. If you use possess minion you can see his spell line and there's only one single target taunt. The group taunt has been replaced.
    Really really sucks, especially with the hitpoint nerf in LU19 not being resolved. Not to mention the AE killing our reduced hitpoint dumbfires (remember when they actually had some hit points but SOE nerfed them so they'd die more, but then made them immune to AE, and all that).
    We need some dev love
  7. ARCHIVED-lauralock Guest

The pet doesn't lose agro as much on singles since it's doing damage to it. However it still loses it even on single mobs. When I send the pet at the start of battle and then it hits the mob, I then click to begin casting the dumbfire pet, the mob will predict the future and attack me. I haven't even cast it yet.
    If I get an add during battle the chance my pet will taunt it off me is near 0. It doesn't matter that I haven't struck it. Anyway I'm basicaly tanking for my tank pet. It's just there to handle a single mob while I tank the rest. I sometimes even agro the mob my pet is fighting while I'm fighting the others.
  8. ARCHIVED-eqdarkanian Guest

I have a 60 Nec on Nek and yesterday found myself in deep trouble from fighting the ussual 3 to 4 green 2 down mobs in Tears for City Writs. I sent in pet and went to grab a drink real fast (10 feet away) and to my amazment came back to find myself being pounded by 3 of the four mobs :( This happened over and over again so I just went to bed. I hope they fix this soon :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Traigus Guest

AOE taunt is still there.. called Graven Scream roots and taunts group encounter.

My Adept 1 has it. He seems to use it much later though.

Send pet in. he attacks and single taunts... 2nd and more mobs jump on him from pull aggro.

If I cast a stench or a aoe attack, I will get the aggro and the extras (he used to lead with AOE taunt).

If I wait a bit, he will AOE taunt keep aggro on the other targets. But, it is a lot later then it used to be.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kasandria Guest

I had problems with on either Sunday or Monday as well, thought I had lost my mind...
  11. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

read the spell again, it roots the encounter and taunted the target - not the encounter.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

This is what I've been seeing as well. I've had good success if I wait for my tank's single target taunt to hit the first mob, send rats, then move pet to the second target manually, wait for the taunt/attack then DoT, move pet to third target, etc. One my pet's tapped each of the targets, then I can loose something with AE and not peel aggro.
    So much of this thread though does remind me of what I remember seeing pre-LU13, when tank pets just couldn't hold aggro well. Especially the others' comments about all mobs of a group, save the one initially attacked by the pet, instantly rushing the Necromancer on the initial pull. That was exactly how things used to work way back when, and it was nightmarish. I'll keep watching.
    Edit: I have been seeing tank pet AE taunts, but not as a first attack or taunt. Thusfar it's been pet taunts first target, rest of group starts to rush me, I target second mob and tell pet to attack, then he group taunts, and the rest of the group heads for him. Sometimes he's quick and pulls them right off, sometimes I eat a few hits first. Other times he decides to single-target taunt the second mob, but AE taunts the third, etc. Definitely not as quick as he once was.
    Message Edited by Deila on 02-22-200608:29 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-lauralock Guest

Multiple players have stated the following, including me. 4 mobs, send pet, do nothing else, 1 mob on pet and 3 on you.
    Sometimes they will go to the pet. Sometimes they will all go to the pet and then run towards you. Anyway it's really weird.
    If you cast, yes you'll get an immediate swarm.
    All in all the magical energies keeping the pet sane has had a massive system meltdown.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nightmage61 Guest

As a mostly solo player, this bug/NERF has rendered my necro near unplayable. I know the nature of play in an MMO can change, but I hope this is a bug and not a stealth NERF. This takes out the fun of the game for me with this avatar.

I’m going to play on my alts for now, maybe on the PvP. I sure hope they fix this soon.
  15. ARCHIVED-lauralock Guest

I just started a battle in pof vs 3 mobs. Mobs on pet 0 mobs on me 3. I was at like 50% health so I FD'd. Anyway my pet has retired from taunting.

Edit:
    Just tried again. Anyway I ran :p
    The mobs all went on the pet for 3 seconds this time. Then 2 of them mysticaly broke off and attacked me. I did nothing the whole time. I just stood still.

Edit 2:
    Tried a single mob. I did nothing. Apparently so did the pet :p Anyway the mob charged me after I sent the pet on it.
    Message Edited by lauralock on 02-22-200601:12 PM
    Message Edited by lauralock on 02-22-200601:13 PM
    Message Edited by lauralock on 02-22-200601:28 PM
    Message Edited by lauralock on 02-23-200602:48 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-toofy Guest

I noticed the same thing this morning. Send pet in to a multi encounter and the other mobs head straight for me.

Stealen
    Mistmoore
  17. ARCHIVED-Arkanium23 Guest

I read somewhere that someone possesed their minion and saw that the aoe taunt was missing and they bugged it seems everyone has this problem, I actually havent been able to test it out yet being away from no access to game since before the patch I hope they patch it before I get back :)
  18. ARCHIVED-TheGreatRandini Guest

Hello all. I have a lvl 24 necro as well. Forgive me if there is another thread for my question, but I've noticed that when I cast my pet, the names are now blue colored... as if they weren't on par w/ my level, but below my level. Any answers there? I thought I may have read something about it, but can't remember. :smileysad:
  19. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

You may be using an older pet that is not scaling past lvl 23.
    Check to make sure you are using your most updated form of that type of pet and it should not con blue to you any longer.
  20. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

Same problem Here. Group encounters are a nightmare now even with 2-3 down arrows. Also on single target taunts I have been pulling aggro alot at about 40-50% health or even before. Exact same spells VERY different result. I hope they fix this soon. I have been looking forward to expansion for a while now and this is stealing the enjoyment of exploring on my own.
    Estean 60th Necro on Butcherblock
    "The reason you specialize is to know more and more about less and less, Until you know absolutely everything about nothing"