Necro losing health in pet-only fight (no necro spells cast)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-DeathRider69, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

I have noticed this problems recently and wanted to see if it is just my necro, if I hit a bug, or an SOE anti-autoleveling discouragement.

What I found this morning was that I had to get the baby while I was out on Loping Plains. Pet was set to trip but when I looked back over the Necro had 73% health and it was still going down even though just the pet was engaged. When the fight was done I had 68% health but never entered combat. I looked in ACT and did not see anything that looked suspect but I was doing the parse setup so I changed the pet name to not be the same as the necro.

Then I did some testing. I sent the pet after the "alpha direwarg" and her two "a direwarg" adds. I stayed way out of max range for my spells so I knew the wargs could not get me and an AOE. I just sat and watched my HP go all the way down to 32% while the pet never got below 54%. I was far enough back that I did not even get combat logs for the fight.

Is anyone else seeing similar problems? I did not want to bug it if it is just my toon but it really seems broken. I used to be able to send a pet in to kill something I could not quite get into position to hit safely, but the pet could, and I do not remember losing HP during that fight.
  2. ARCHIVED-Velius2820 Guest

This is probably a simple solution. Did you have Lich, Archlich, Demilich on? They can drain your health pretty quick if you are just sitting there in combat not casting spells.
  3. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Yeah same question as poster above. This happens to me if I have archlich/demilich on. generally for this reason I turn it off when soloing and know that I'm going to be going afk some.
  4. ARCHIVED-AngusMacG Guest

I was actually experiencing this on my low-level (under 20) necromancer.
    I'd send the pet in to attack, and cast a few spells at range, and was surprised to see that I was taking damage. I thought it was kinda strange.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hobr0001 Guest

Gotta be lich spell doing this if you're not casting a single spell. In combat you lose your health regen from food so if you are not triggering lich which heals you for a small amount, the lich buff will drain your health and regen your power. Watch a necro standing around somewhere like by broker and sometimes you can see their health constantly dipping and going back up, because out of combat your food regen can counteract the lich drain. For the person at lv 20 it could be your pet heal spell. The necro pet heal drains life, and there are some others too like transfer life but you wouldn't have that at 20.
  6. ARCHIVED-DrOctober Guest

I'll have to agree with the other folks that your health loss is from the lich line. I'm often asked by healers I'm grouped with why my health bobs around while we're just standing, and why it sometimes goes down in combat when I'm well away from where I'd take damage.
    For the level 20 necro, it's very possible that you have been close enough to a mob that is using an aoe attack that you took damage from that, or you're getting popped from your pet heal.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

Doesnt these spells (lich and upgrades) supposed to regen your mana when u actually using your mana ? i mean when ur mana pool is full why is it regening your mana and using up your health ?? When ur not full mana i can understand using up hp's but otherwise seems little weird to me, or is it broken ?
  8. ARCHIVED-DrOctober Guest

The spell costs a certain amount of health every 6 seconds.
    It refills a percentage of your mana every 6 seconds also.
    These effects go off every 6 seconds regardless of being in combat or being afk making a sandwich.
  9. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

Something has changed recently.
    I know it is lich that drains your health, but I noticed a signifigant difference recently in amount of health lost.
    NO, I do not have the new lich spell from ROK, same one I have been using for months now, but all the sudden, my health is going down like crazy.....any chance they increased amount of health loss with lich??
  10. ARCHIVED-Selantyr Guest

Eviljoe2 wrote:
    I agree. Archlich has been draining health at a much higher rate relatively recently.
  11. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

Glad it was not just me that noticed it...and it was not a small change, but I am going down to like 50%hp during a fight and hovering much lower when not in combat than I usually do.
    I know ROK has a lot of gear that has +100hp, are they now making us dependant on that? I fight the same as I always have and even have much of the same gear I had 3 weeks ago when HP did not go down so much.
    Is it possible this was an accidental change? Or are we being secretly changed for some reason?
    SOE....please take a look at this...
  12. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

Well that was the problem. Completely forgot about that. At least now I know. It is rare I got afk like that but with the baby lately... Cool. At least I know now.

Of course since I have been grinding him since I rolled him you would think I would have remembered something like that since it was acting all wonkers a while back.

Thanks all!
  13. ARCHIVED-Rammy Guest

Well I can't say that I've noticed an increase, and seeing as the health cost of Lich changes as your max HP do I'd say it was percentage based so a lot of +HP gear is only going to make you lose more health.
    Correct me if I'm wrong on that, if I'm honest it's a long time since I closely examined the spell.
    The only time I have noticed a big increase in health loss is in CoA (not sure if any other zones have mobs with that debuff). The AE elemental debuff that those mobs cast not only turns your damage to divine and doubles the power cost of all spells, it also doubles the health cost of spells too. That includes Demilich and heals.
    I left the zone with that debuff still on me accidentally once, and half way across the zone on the Sokokar I had hardly any health left because Lich was eating me.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shaof Guest

I noticed some anomalies like you described early on when I was leveling. This was before I had Lich.

I had only been playing a week or two at the time, so my question to my coworker who was a mid 70s Necro at the time was: Do I share damage with my pet? He said no.

I thought that was the case because I was always taking some form of damage somehow when I wasn't being hit by melee or spells.
  15. ARCHIVED-KERSTYNN Guest

I have noticed that Lich "seems" to be drawing more health than it was previously. I usually duo with my other halfs Troub, (both of us are at 60), so the first time I noticed it, I chalked it up to the fact I was soloing, but the next time we grouped I noticed I was still losing health faster than I had been pre-RoK, even with her health regen up and running. Not sure what's going on, as I have never been much of a min/max player I never paid much attention to the numbers, so I couldn't tell ya if there's been a change in the "listed" numbers or not. All I know is that something "seems" different lately. But I gotta admit, duoing with a Troub makes for almost non-stop pulling and killing, if you haven't tried it I definately recommend it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zharok Guest

While I haven't looked at the numbers, there was enough of a difference to get my attention and say WTF? Definately noticed an increase in the amount of health taken while in combat.