Necro in Qeynos

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Stile, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Stile Guest

I read that you can do the necro quest at 18. The betrayal quest is between 15 and 17 (according to the book) Any qay to tweak either one so that you could become a necro and then betray Freeport?

Would I be hosed for the rest of the game since there are probably no Necro trainers in Qeynos?
  2. ARCHIVED-Launam Guest

I read somewhere that there is a hidden entrance in each city to get in to your trainer and such. Makes it hard thought because you're KOS in your city now. Not sure if there's trainers of all sorts in each city though. But if you do do the betrayal quest it wont make life easy I'm sure.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trost Guest

i'm not sure if its possible but if you get the Betrayal quest then ding 18 and do the necro class quest and then finish the Betrayal quest, hopefully this is gonna work, i'm not at the right lvl with my mage so i have not been able to try this.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

You CAN NOT be a Necromancer that has ANY alligence to Qeynos...it cant happen..period.

You can do the betral quest ONCE, and it MUST be done before lvl 20.
  5. ARCHIVED-Trost Guest

so you are not allowed to start the necro quest if you have accepted the betrail quest ?
    cause i can finish both quest before i ding 20, and to my knowledge you cant cancel your class quest once you started it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

Once you start the betryal quest, you are cast out of your city...so you cant get back in it at all. You must finish the quest to become a citizen of other city...you cannot get to lvl 20 till you have done you class quest.

So if you doing betrayal and hit hit 20..you will still be lvl 19 with 100+% exp till you finish betrayl and do class quest.

NO GOOD NECROS! period.
  7. ARCHIVED-pablosburritos Guest

No good necros true, but I heard that there are ways to sneak into the city. The guards do not kill you if caught, you just get booted out. There is someway to connect to the sewer systems, I don't know how and haven't looked.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vaelorn Guest

Well, I know for sure that you can go to the Peat Bog outside of Qeynos and there's an entrance to The Down Below (Qeynos Sewers) just around the corner from the entrance to Nettleville Hovel. Once you get down there from the Peat Bog, you can go through to the other exits that lead up to different parts of the city. I can't recall ever seeing a city guard in the immediate vicinity of a sewer exit, though all normal city entrances (city gates, etc.) have guards all over the place, and there are also a few merchants down in the sewers who sell basic supplies like food and drink, so I'm pretty sure that it's intended for a citizen of one city to be able to infiltrate the opposing city by using the sewers. I would even venture to guess that some higher level quests *require* you to infiltrate the opposing city to steal something or kill someone, etc..

So, I guess the question is, has anyone completed their betrayal quest, and then sneaked back into the city and successfully interacted with the appropriate trainer? Or, more likely, has anyone attempted to do so, and found out with 100% certainty that it is in fact impossible?
  9. ARCHIVED-BadDemocracy Guest

The game wont let you ding 20 as a necromancer if your alligned with Qeynos.
  10. ARCHIVED-DavisPrime Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

ooooh I so want to torment the pasties.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aeriez Guest

quick rundown of how it works:

betrayal quest can be done at any time of your life up untill the END of lvl 17 (just before you ding 18). if you have started the betrayal quest you can NOT ding 18 (will just give you a +100%whatever exp mod till you complete or quit the quest)

you can NOT start your subclass quest till your 18. what does this mean for you? basicly it says that you can not attempt to do the 2 quests at the same time to trick the system. your either in one bracket or the other, not both :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Morbeious Guest

Is it true if I'm already 18, I can't be a Necro?? or can i still try..
  14. ARCHIVED-Merciful_Shadow Guest

It never ceases to amuse me, all these "I want to be a good Necromancer in Qeynos" posts.

For the love of God, get a clue people.
  15. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Kinda off the subject, but how can you get to Qeynos from freeport anyway? I have looked around, is there a boat or what?
  16. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

You can hoof it thru Nek Forest to TS to Antonica (sp?)... I think that is the way.. I just close my eyes and run like hell at lvl 19... :smileysurprised:

Trust no one... Owls and Bears mate, Firey Bats that see no invis... Fish that can fly.... /em falls to the ground.....
  17. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Thanks for the input, hell I travel with eyes in the back of my head, never know when a backstabber will be on your SIX.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tybertanky Guest

Viromage..thats bloody hilarious!!!
    fish that fly..its TRUE its TRUE i seen em!!!

Tyberious
    lvl20 necro