Necro Hallmark Quest

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Mr. Squishy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Mr. Squishy Guest

Im having a very hard time beating the second part of the Necro hallmark quest where you face the summoner zombie...ive died 3 times now and cant seem to figure out how to beat him....what are the successfull mages tactics??

Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kariena Guest

Can you try doing it at lvl 19 when he's lower to you?
  3. ARCHIVED-Mr. Squishy Guest

actually i just turned 19 tonight, does that make a big difference?
  4. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

I managed it at 18 by ignoring the pet and spamming HOs.
    It was close though.
  5. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

**** SPOILER WARNING ****

When you go in the tower, kill all the skeletons before touching ANYTHING.

Rest up to full, go inspect the desk (this spawns the guy down below) and run down to start on him before he spawns his pet.

If the pet is up concentrate all fire on the guy.
  6. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Can you by chance toss me some coords on this guy's location, I can't seem to track his butt down... :smileysad:
  7. ARCHIVED-Trench Guest

i managed to pull this off last night .. im 60% to 19 and i had no idea that inspecting the table spawned the zombie. Everytime i encountered the zombie i attempted to petrify him, DoT him, and spam HOs while my pet attacked ... problem was that i kept pulling the aggro away from my pet and on me. So i did what anyone else would do... run away like a little school girl crying for mommy... i ran back up the tower and zoned out. I did this about 6 times before i actually got him. Eveytime i zoned into the tower the skeletons along the way down differed in level .. sometimes they were 16 .. sometimes they were 18. No im ready to be a necro once i hit 20! w00T!
  8. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

*** SPOILER II - RTFM ***

Per the entry in your quest book, the stitched zombie spawns near Zharvon's tower. He's usually up but if not, kill the tortured souls until he spawns (the gnome tells you this when you get the quest). The stitched zombie is an easy solo at level 18.

Then you go back to the gnome and get teleported into a pocket zone inside a tower. The tower has a bunch of floors and stairs with skeletons. On one floor is a desk - if you inspect it, you spawn the "boss" mob at the bottom of the tower, so kill all the skeletons first, then go inspect the desk.

Run down stairs and a zombie dude will be there and he'll be unhappy with you. Kill him and go back to see the gnome.
  9. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Hmm I didn't see that in my quest book, it just says kill a zombie that is located somewhere in the NW part of CL..

Your saying it is in Zharvon's Tower, I will look again.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mr. Squishy Guest

thats the first part of the quest, the zombie is outside of zarvonns tower...then next part is the killer (and by killer i mean, im getting killed, not the zombie....alot......) but im gonna try it again tonight....wish me luck!
  11. ARCHIVED-uksky Guest

Zharvon's Tower is Aka the Old Mages Tower (near the Nek Station, take a griffin from the freeport one), just kill the souls outside and the zombie will spawn.
    When i did the quest and the other times i have seen the zombie, it would spawn on the side that has the path leading to Nek Forest.
  12. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Found him and gave him the ol WACK WACK! Was a extream pushover for my pet and myself at lvl19.
  13. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

yeah, the stitched zombie is the easy bit :) the second part is harder, although at 19 you should have no problems.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mr. Squishy Guest

yep got him last night, was pretty close tho....so now im a a soon-to-be necro since im still level 19...do we get new robes as a necro?
    thanks for your help!
  15. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

What is the second part? My halmark quest is now empty, nothing else to do and I got the title Necromancer... :smileyindifferent:

I musta missed something...
  16. ARCHIVED-VonDweller Guest

Your 1st spell needs to be "Dispell Arcane", or in other words debuff his butt. Then put you pet on him to help you and ignore his spider. Once you beat him the spider gets sent back to it's home plane. When you 1st come up to him you can see him casting the buffs onto him self and his pet. You may be able to beat him with out this, but it's a simple, and safe fight if you do. I was level 18 when I went through.
  17. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

18. ARCHIVED-VonDweller Guest

Yeah thats what I was talking about. Wasn't that easy for me the 1st time through. I tried it the way you described, but he resisted everything, and worse yet, he hit me with a few hum dinger spells to boot. As for the stiched Zombie he went down faster then Monica Lewinski. I'm starting to wonder if some of the creatures in the game are random draws. Kicking butt, and taking names in one encounter, and rolling over and playing dead in another? :smileyindifferent:
    Either way the second time I fought him, it was very easy, but I accounted that to the "Dispell Arcane" I cast. Maybe that had nothing to do with it, and I caught him feeling rather lazy.:smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

I had no problem with this at all my first time at level 18. Planted a couple DoTs on him and beat him down with several HOs.

It wasnt really a planned attack on my part since i had no idea what i was in for when i was wondering around the tower. When i got to the bottom to find the zombie i was a little surprised because when i initially went to the bottom i hadnt examined the table as of yet. so i was expecting nothing to be down there the second time i went down.

kinda scared me at first when i ran into him, i was like... "Oh s#%&!"
  20. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Hehehe yeah if your not expecting that to be there and you were there with it not being up I imagine you would be like WHOA!

I really didn't know what to expect either, when I zoned in, I inspected the table from a distance and got nothing so I buffed pet and sent in on first green zombie. Killed it easy went down hit a blue zombie, sent in pet tossed few dots (pets health hardly moved) moved down to another green zombie killed easy. Then I crept down the stairs and saw him. Blue con (I was 19) I buffed pet and got over just far enough that I could cast on him keeping the center of the stairs between him and me and sent in pet. I then laid on Seism,SP,BE and followed up with Petrify Adept 1 and hammered with LB and DB (had I had a kitchen sink I would have tossed it at him also). He went down like a ton of Monica.. I had planned on spider insta agro me but he never came just atk my pet and my pet never lost a full bub of health..