Necro efficiency/utility/damage/lvl50 concerns revisited

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Thorough analysis el chupacabras, great work as always.

This dpp looks awesome. Guess we should do very well despite the mana tap reductions.

Any clue on how tank taunts are changing ? Since, even with our poor efficiency currently I could easily pull aggro "anytime I wanted":smileywink:

p.s. how did you all find necro masters ? I never ever see a necro master on broker. Is there some trick to how you can spot if a necro master drops on your server
    Message Edited by prince_sd on 08-15-2005 09:14 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i only got 2 of mine from the broker(grim terror and revivication) and others were all from guildies or friends that got them to drop and gave them to me or offered them for me to buy first. i am the only necro in my guild though so that kinda explains why i have so many because any people get are usually offered to me or if they are dropped on a raid i always get them. just keep checking broker though and you can find them though often they are overpriced in my opinion.

also i think i heard one time that they are removing in combat rezz does anyone know if there is any validity to that and if so which ones lost it?
    removing it from a few classes i mean not just removing it from the game.
    Message Edited by quamdar on 08-16-2005 12:01 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

I believe it's

Paladin - 45% delayed (by like 0.2 seconds).
    Necro - 21%
    Dirge - 15%

or something, I'll try to find the post I got this from,.
  4. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

yeah, i would like to know where you read that because the screenshot of the spell on the compiled spell list post shows it rezzing at 43% health and decreasing attributes by 23% and attack speed by 15% and that is why i bought the master 1 revivication hoping i would have the best rezz in raids or close to it. if our rezz is that low though then it will be nearly pointless for me to use on raids since we have 3 active pallies that are at raids :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

[IMG]

Please note that this is a screen shot of the APP 1 rez. I assume that higher versions will rez with more hps.
    Currently the summon part of the rez is broken. Everything else works, however, and this rez has a casting range of about horrific mark line.
  6. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

so the summon can only work over same distance as horrific mark? that seems stupid to me wish it was alot bigger than that.

hopefully that short range is just an effect of the summon not working right.

Message Edited by quamdar on 08-16-2005 06:41 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

Rez info came from:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=10&message.id=14059

Paladin forums - look for subheading "Elixir of Resuscitation" under heading Healing & Rez in the OP:

Elixir of Resuscitation
    Yes, it's still an in-combat rez. As it stands however the recast has been upped from 15s to 60s. The description does not indicate exactly how it works, but what it does is instantly Ressurect the player to 15%hp/15%mp and then about 0.2s later they are healed to 100%hp, a badly timed AE could technically sneak in and take them out. While it says 'touch range' the range looks exactly the same as before. As a comparison for you all, Dirge rez is now 10%/10% 30s recast and the new necro combat rez is 15%/15% 60s recast so it looks like we got the best one, but dirges can rez twice as often.

Message Edited by Sokolov on 08-17-2005 07:27 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

the picture on handlebars website of master 1 of our rezz is exact same, i hope this changes before it goes live because that is just stupid.
  9. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Inquisitor spot heal:
    [IMG]
    vs. the necro spot heal:

[IMG]

We can out spot heal an evil cleric... even less for me to complain about.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

Note: our heal takes 560HP to cast. and Inquisitor needs only 160 POWER to cast their heal. big difference in my book. 5 or 6 casts before we are needing to hit the lifetaps again.
  11. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Siphon life costs 98 power and heals the necro to within 25% of that. I am well aware that this is a health transfer which is what makes it such a great spell for necro's. Once Lich works properly, it will regen all that self-inflicted damage by recast time.

The health cost is part of what makes this spell so good since necro's will be lifetapping for disgusting amounts after revamp.

When will a necro not be using their highest damage DD/Lifetap whenever possible?
  12. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

I would really like to see these 2 combat changes fixed before they go live. Or else we will again have to wait for a hotfix when necros are evaluated again which may be months or even years :smileywink:

1. Lich : lifetap component which gives us health for every disease spell cast.
    2. Rez: Summoning corpse part

anyone who is on test server/ beta should bug these two things with emphasis on its importance. hopefully if enough bug reports go in they will take action before it hits live.
  13. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Lich has been fixed. At adept 3 with ~250 int it hits for ~350 and heals for 165. I've heard at master 1 that it hits for ~450. With accursed, the extra damage makes each mob take ~1000 dmg. Its quite nice.
  14. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

I just pee'd my pants a little.
  15. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

You should, it also gives a bonus when you cast skinrot, death's coil, siphon, and many other spells.
  16. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

Does it proc when you cast a disease based spell or it procs every time there is a disease based attack? I mean, when you cast Skinrot for example, does it procs just once (when you land spell) or does it proc every second, when Skinrot makes disease damage?
  17. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

It is fixed on beta, I don't think its fixed on test yet...
  18. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

"Lich has been fixed. At adept 3 with ~250 int it hits for ~350 and heals for 165. I've heard at master 1 that it hits for ~450. With accursed, the extra damage makes each mob take ~1000 dmg. Its quite nice."

so it hits all mobs that would be hit with accursed cloud for that extra damage? if so does it also hit all the mobs when you cast torrential plague?
  19. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I thought it was fixed on both now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Wizzies did another int parse

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=23&message.id=14172&jump=true