Necro Dps - RoK

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Winsarc11, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

I know DOTs are kinda funky and how it interacts, but
    General Inquery:
    Does +dmg +cirt -recast +heal 'modifiers' apply to dumbfire pets, every tick, just the first, some kind of 'normalizing', etc?
    Does +dmg +cirt -recast +heal 'modifiers' apply to our main pets and add dmg to their spells, or reduce their casting timers, etc?
    Do the above modifiers cancel when we zone, or only apply to specific pets.
    IF the modifiers only apply to direct spells/CAs (but not auto-attack, dumbfires or main pets) then I could easily see how the HUGE shift to gear-based modifiers, and reduciton of difference between Tiers and ad3/ms1/ms2 -- results in vastly different outcomes across different classes.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Gargamel wrote:
    Simple answer is no. dumbfire pets tho can trigger item procs but do not benefit from any other stat increasing gear including stuff directed at pets. Main pets do not benefit from +benefit stuff from gear except for 2 items that I can think of off top of my head, the staff from contested mayong and the offhand book, can't recall name atm but adds +dps mod.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Ristan@Crushbone wrote:
    Thanks for the support post sometimes hard to get through to certain people that our spell problems just put everybody on the same playing field. I can tell you though that the mage pet/spec is what you'll need if you get into tier 3/4 raiding. The hit % from the scout pet is horrid at the moment. The mage pet in groups or content that is like 81 or so competes at t7 m1 but when you start getting mobs in the 86 88 range it falls WAAY behind, even more with the scout pet since the melee modifier is completely screwed right now.

Veeshan's peak though is a complete caster zone so don't get disheartened, and the gear coming out of there is pretty decent, also considering the rumors of an item revamp. The gap has closed a bit and sitting at 52% crit on raids with 600 +spell dps has come along fine. Bout all I can really complain about tho is the complete lack of masters dropping from raid mobs. /bleh
  4. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Well that appears to be a problem for us then does it not?
    In RoK devs reduced the dependance of spell tier and spell quality (app/ad/master) and put more of the emphasis on gear.
    Now that change, the shifting of dmg benefits from spell quality and level -TO- gear... shifts dmg boosters to areas summoners are excluded from 'buffing' with gear.
    As a necro, I'd say what... over half our dps is done by pets of some kind.

So my mage/scout gets no +dmg on their skills from my +dmg gear, my imps do no more dmg from my +dmg gear, my mage has no reduced casting time on hostile spells, my lich crit heals get no benefit from +crits, none of my pets (dumbfire or main) benefit from +dmg crits.
    This is ALL DMG that in prior expansions would have been factored into the spells or combat arts themselves... but in RoK are a gear component (with restrictions)

In all these cases the 'pets' are just my surrogates for doing dmg, why should my gear not apply? (the lich one I get, it would be 'double-dipping)
    This should adversely affect our DPS compared to other classes... no?
  5. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    You know Sab I didn't really notice a drop in DPS on beta. Then again i spent the first half of it solo speced checking out the questlines, then spent the last half of it in RoK fabled and full masters. So yes at that point I saw an upgrade in my DPS. You can look in my post stickied at the top of the forum showing all my master spells at the time and how much +damage was added to them from my gear, not to mention all the casting speed improvements you can't see. However since RoK went live I have struggled just to maintain the DPS I had in EoF. I'm lvl 80 using the Master T8 Mage pet and everything else T8 Adept 3 or master. Granted that if I go do EoF content like Emerald Halls I'm seeing an improvement over what I did there before but then again everything is green con vs the yellow and orange it was before. In RoK raids/groups I'm staying at my old DPS and sometimes slightly higher but not by much. This is not what I expect from 10 lvls, New spells, better stats, more AA and things like +damage on my gear. I guess in Beta I didn't realize how much that fabled gear was adding to my DPS.
    Now looking at your gear I see you went into RoK in full EoF fabled and maybe a little Avatar loot as well. I also see you have a few RoK fabled in there already. So in an expansion where so much depends on gear you are going to come in wearing that and tell the rest of us you don't see what we are complaining about? You think we all come from Avatar dropping Raid Guilds? You must of quested to lvl 80 like most of us so you should have all those RoK quest rewards most of us are wearing to replace our old gear. Try wearing just that instead of all your fabled that gives you 52% crit chance & +600 spell dmg and see how well you are parsing. However don't look down at everyone from the top of Veeshan's Peak and say everything looks fine from up here. Most of the people complaining will never be at that point and by no means should have to just to see a noticable improvement in a new tier.
  6. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

Sarafan@The Bazaar wrote:

There is hope for the mage pet. I have the T8 Master and here is a snap shot to help with the comparision:
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-ainth Guest

i have a lv 80 necromancer and i was haveing the same problem. I was noticing that our pets (T8) were less effective then my fully mastered out t7 pets etc..... However the higher you get the more dmg the pet does and i really notice agro control on my adept 3 tank pet vs my master 1 t7 tank pet. Run a combat tracker i have, at lv 80 your pets (t7) mastered pets will be less effective due to insane resists then in comparsion to the adept 3 t8 pets. Ill be honest i htink our t8 pets are a bit underpowered but its not as bad as it looks. Im also noticing they have now made it to that healer types cannot buff our pets with hitpoint buffs no more =( oh well. Look at it this way. Us necros have been spoiled along time the conj's got it worse they cant even heal their pet that well we can. At first i was PO about the new spells........i still am i want to buy t8 upgrades and they are by the time you hit 80. Your t7 masters will pittle out im haveing way less resists especially on my roots stuns (t8) adept then my t7(masters) im noticing a big diffrence. Id still like to see some re vamping of our pet spells i mean in all reality im not paying 200-400pp on our server for a master 1 t8 pet when its a few % better then the 2-5pp adept 3 i have a 80 sage i dont buy my adepts i make then. And i agree with previous post a t8 adept should be greater then a t7 master by at least a few %. Sony did this for one reaoson becasue of our soloability. In my opinion we are to powerful of a solo class with tainted heals atm. we can solo anything if we do it slowly and get no adds and thats not fair to the rest of the clases. If a class becomes over powered solo wise in a in my opinion a solo oriented expansion like ROK. the classes on my server have stayed the same as far as numbers each night. But the necro class has almost tripled. Sorry folks this is wrong. What sony is tyring to do is balance the classes. You guys all have good points but in all honesty if you play your class well you will find a way to progress i have no issues whats so ever soloing and grouping and im up top on the parse all the time and have no masters from t8.

just my 2 opinion

zeel 80 necromancer
  8. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Sarafan@The Bazaar wrote:
    Actually coming in blaming me for coming from a higher ground than everybody else is a bit conceited. First when I posted those parse numbers I had very little in RoK raid fabled. So the numbers I was presenting was from gear that was available to everybody. Sure I had a few pieces of avatar loot that didn't and won't get upgraded but they were also part of that baseline info. When people come in here saying they have fallen on the dps charts its because they don't know how to really play a necro, come in with more constructive info than 'omg the scouts kick my *** now' and maybe you can construe change. I came in with solid numbers with gear that everybody had access to and nobody has come in with contrary. I can say with some RoK raid upgrades I'm back in the top 3 or 4 ZW with over 1k increase over EoF.