Necro Dps - RoK

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Winsarc11, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

Has anyone noticed there dps not really change since RoK release despite leveling up, increased spell dmg, upgrades to gear and decrease in mobs lvl.
    MIS yesterday i was doing the same or even less than usual dps and the mobs were blue and i was lvl 76
    My pet was adept3 as well as most of my dmg spells (70 -76)
    This doesnt make any sense at all mathematically so wth is going on
  2. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

Ive noticed that dps has changed so little as to be in the proverbial mathematical standard error of measure from 70 to 73 even though Ive added around +100 spell dmg and upgraded 3 spells. I had a working hypothesis that upgrading spells from tier7 to 8 by going from master I to adeptIII was in fact moving backwards due to the increased resistance rate with only minimal dmg increases. There doesnt seem to be the same power/dmg multiplier there was from say moving from Tier6 to 7.
    I would really like to see the raw data before commenting further tho and since I havent really raided yet since launch I dont have it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

Not had the chance to raid since the RoK release but viewing my log files I can tell you solo'n or duo'n with my wifes Templar my DPS is lower some fights and normal the next -- say a typical 10 to 19 sec solo encounter fight the DPS varied from 600 to 1200 regardless of blue to yellow con. I can assume part of the variation is resisted spells as I seem to be getting more resists in RoK vs KoS. I've not checked out DPS on KoS mobs since RoK released. No I have not upgraded any spell since RoK came out, still using the old M1's including pet.
    Another thing is the BoE bug when one minute your spell shows correct damage and next its showing with much lower damage, I'm really wondering if this lower damage isn't just a UI graphical issue but your spell has actually dropped in damage when that bug shows up, that in itself could account for alot of the damage variation.
    Odd thing though, speaking of higher resist rates, on a whim went into a level 80 instance with a 71-75 (I was 73) guild group (didnt kill the 1st named--he hurts--alot ;) no problems with the level 80^^^ trash and was not having resist issues with orange to redish mobs in there but go outside to the solo blue to yellow mobs the resists started again. Completely opposite of what you would expect. Still it was a nice break from the endless faction quests (shoots self in head--mummering to his self that he paid for this abuse).
  4. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Want to see where you're losing DPS? Possess your master T7 mage pet and right-click examine his spells on the hotbar. Now remember or screenshot the numbers. Now Summon your lvl 75 T8 mage pet, possess it and examine it's spells. See the difference? Should look something like this:
    New Pet (Adept 3) Old Pet (Master 1)
    [IMG] [IMG]

See where the problem is?
  5. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Pheliac Guest

I'm sorry, but this just makes no sense to me. That an old Master 1 pet would out damage a new Adept3? Adept 1 maybe, but certainly not adept3!
    Anyone know if it was like this in beta? Are other classes in the same position?
  7. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Adep3 SHOULD be higher than the previous tiers master ... it only makes since in the world of progression and our pets are just simply not using or purchasing right now...

I ran pet on guild mate duels to run parses of damage from the pet. The T7master SMOKED in the worst way the pants off my adept3 pet for T8. I'm so glad I wasted two rares on pets I wont use, lower damage and higher resist ability being non-master pets .. Thanks SOE, PLEASE review this!!!

I understand its new and the numbers need working so please adjust this quickly.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Samadhi@Splitpaw wrote:
    in beta the app2 did better than my master (scout) but I only ran that for a short period before soloing with tank pet to run quests.

I hope this gets adjusted quickly.
  9. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yeah all we can do is bug it in game and keep posting here or in a thread in the main abilities/spells section. This is something any of us can prove visually at any time simply by possessing or parsing our pets at any time.
    The next tier adept 3's should always be slightly better than the previous tiers masters.
  10. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

Sosumya@Unrest wrote:
    This has to be an oversight, I cant possibly imagine it was intended.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Virulence wrote:
    Which is why I am not too upset yet... now our t8 adept1's are lower than the master but the adept3 necro spells feel appropriate(for the most part).

The pet ones clearly need to be reviewed and adjusted and this expansion is barely a week live, that is plenty of time to get it right.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Most of the t8 adept IIIs are either only arguably upgrades to previous m1's (barely better in some categories, actually worse in others), or are clear downgrades. See Rending, for example - Rending adept III increases pet DPS and attack speed by 28; previous m1 increases both by 30.
    Necromancer spells in t8 need to be looked at.
  13. ARCHIVED-tbone7777 Guest

The mage pet's spells will increase as you level. It will probably be level 79 ish before the T8 pet overtakes the T7 pet's spells.
  14. ARCHIVED-jaff247 Guest

yah, definately dont upgrade t7 masters to t8 adept III's, i made that costly mistake in getting like everything upgraded

damage improvement is nearly non existent

mana cost is way higher

RESIST CITY

and some spells are downgrades

m1 pet defence stance at 70 gives 16% additional hp, adept III at 80 gives 14%

lich m1 at 70 gives 1.6% mana per tick, new lich adept III at 80 gives 1.4% mana per tick

sigh, money wasted.
  15. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Deila wrote:
    No it doesn't in these cases this is how it always has been and ALWAYS SHOULD BE.
    Spells that do damage... yes the M1 from one tier will be marginally better than the Adept III from the next tier up. The numbers are % based for the most part, and the overlap between tiers occurs someplace between the Adept III and M1 spells...
    But for spells like our fear... stun... roots... and debuff(rending) lines, the difference is often a combination of effectiveness and resitability as well as level where degredation begins. For these spells there's no way to upgrade the parts that are % based.
    So... there's no sence in upgrading our fear or stun for example if you already have M1, and aren't fighting mobs that are past it's level of degradation. And no... there's no way to make the Adept III of the next level "clearly" better than the M1 you already have. The M1 benefit of the M1 is resitability, and they can't simply just keep making the resistability higher and higher...
    So, just be smart with your upgrading and realize that some spells won't need to be upgraded until you're fighting mobs that would benefit from the upgrade.
    Now... pets should fall under the 1st example. Their nukes should follow the same tier progression as ours do. So the post from earlier seems wrong.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

ok... I will say this. There are some problems with our pets.
    I'll post pictures when I can, but I just did a posess of my L60 M1 vs my L73 M1 rogue pet, and the spell differnces are wacky and inconsistant at best.
    For most spells the damage is 1 or 2 points difference.
    For example ( This is based on both pets being cast with no buffs or anything, just base pet spell)
    • Shadestrike for my L60 pet = 1039 - 1732
    • Shadestrike for my L73 pet = 1065 - 1775
    Ok... seems minute... but ok whatever...
    • Acidity L60 pet = 223 - 289
    • Acidity L73 pet = 238 - 397
    More Reasonable
    • Unseen Blade L60 = 606 - 1010
    • Unseen Blade L73 = 621-1035
    Another seeminglu minute difference
    • Throat Gash L60 = 69 damage immediately + 4/sec + 259-433 + -92 WIS/AGI
    • Throat Gash L73 = 70 damage immediately + 4/sec + 266-443 + -93 WIS/AGI
    Was this even an upgrade?
    • Shadow Garrote L60 = Stifle + 412-686 + Resistability increases vs targets L92+
    • Shadow Garrote L73 = Stifle + 420-700 + Resistability increases vs targets L93+
    Hmm... Not only does it look like a miniumal upgrade... but the resistability level increases at around the same time... so whats the difference?
    • Poison Spike L60 = 60 damage immediately + 3/sec + 216-360 damage
    • Poison Spike L60 = 73 damage immediately + 3/sec + 221-369 damage
    Again... no real difference what so ever.

This is comparing T7 MASTER I to T8 MASTER I. So I can immagine that T8 Adept IIIs will absolutely suck vs the T7 M1 pets. Now, I can see that becasue the T8's auto attack damage will continue to get better, and its relative level vs you and the mobs you're fighting will continue to get higher, while the T7 pet will stop growing at L72... The T8 is "better"... But not until you really get to the point that the level difference outshines the fact that your T7 pet is just vastly superior to a T8 Adept. This just seems incredibly wrong.
  18. ARCHIVED-Soul Crusher Guest

Zald wrote:
    You know that the Scout pet from lvl 60 is TIER >>6<<, 61-70 it tier 7 and 71-80 is tier 8, since level 70 Archlich is getting upgraded in lvl 80, so we can complain even more that a pet 2 TIERS AGO is doing just as good as one 2 expansions later!
  19. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

this also leads to the agro management problems when using the t8 tank as our dps causes more damage agro
  20. ARCHIVED-Toxi Guest

I never search these boards but came here looking for answers.. Nice to see I am not the only one confused about my DPS being lower than before. I feel I have done quite a bit of upgrading to gear and spells so far yet I have absolutely nothing to show for it numbers wise. It is quite frustrating..