Necro differences

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Axanar, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Axanar Guest

Hello,
    So the conj community is starting to see necros as even, if not surpassing conjies in some regards in T9 rather than like in T8.
    Now I am not uber, and only an occasional raider, but I want to get the most out of my class and give the most I can to any group/raid I am in. I have played them both somewhat and do enjoy both of them :)
    For someone not at the high end of gear or perfect group makeup quality. How do the two summoners compare in damage capacity and utility? I am starting to see how these seemingly similar classes have much different class mechanics.
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

I don't raid at all and most of my groups are either Pick ups or 3 or 4 man based on who from my small family style guild is online. As for how Necro's stack up to other classes? I am lvl 90 with 202 AA's. 113% Crit, around 30% crit bonus, 35.5% potency and 1088 ability mod, three master pets and a mix of adept expert and master spells. I average about 7500dps zonewide and have spiked upwards of 13-15kdps on single fights without using Lifeburn.
    My typical guild group is myself, a Templar, Ranger and a Shadownight, all lvl 90. With this 4 man set up I usually trade off the number 1 dps spot with the Ranger who is fully mastered and has about even gear with me. once I get all my spells upgraded to at least expert I should have no trouble holding the top spot in that group.
    I got lucky while I was leveling up and got into a pick-up group with a bunch of hard core raiders who just needed a 6th to fill the last spot in thier group and didn't really care who it was. I did ok in that group and since then I've had some really good luck getting picked up for groups by some of the best geared charactors on the server. While grouped with them I've hit 13-14k parses on single fights and ended up 5th on the parse right above the healer... lol For the average pick up group with average players though, I never have trouble holding the number 1 or 2 spot on the parse.
    In all honesty, it really depends who you're grouped with. The average player really isn't very good so if you pay attention and do your best on every encounter you'll shine more then a charactor with insanely great gear that just coasts through. It's the little things like quickly rezing someone who dies during an encounter or throwing a vampiric orb on a tank when he pulls a room full of mobs to help out with an extra tick or two of healing that will get you noticed and make sure you are remembered. I did find it kind of satifying though, when i got into a pick up group last night with 5 guys from my servers two top raid guilds and my little noob guild Necro took 2nd on the zonewide parse. Thats not bad for a caster thats still wearing a lvl 79 robe.
  3. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I'm doing about 14-22k ZW in instances depending on group setup. An equally geared/skilled conji could push 3-8k more though I bet because of EB and itemization. Necro pets potency bonuses will never compete with conji pets potency bonuses especially when Planeshift is up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

I grouped for the first time tonight with a Conjurer and he beat me every parse by a few hundred DPS and on the zonewide by 1200. However he had much, much better gear then I do and he got all the buffs due to the idea that Conje's do better DPS then Necro's. If I had gotten UT instead of him the rolls would probably have been reversed. In all honesty, I'd put us about even with conjurers for the average geared player. In raid groups though that might not be the case. I have no real experiance in that area.