[Navigation in lands] What about an instant teleport to raid leader, for raids?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-sargonnath, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-sargonnath Guest

(There is somewhere a post in Developper Roundtable - or somewhere else - where people can suggest improvements for EQ 2. I wasn't able to find it.)
    Many raids are long. Gathering people around the raid leader take a lot of time, if any of the members is a bit lost or if the destination is far or hard to reach.
    What about an instant teleport that would be given to the raid leader so that he can gather around him all the members and easily start the raid as soon as all the party spot are filled?
  2. ARCHIVED-ScrapperX Guest

I can see some nice exploitation opportunity in such a suggestion, since you can start a raid with two people. I imagine conjies and those who worked for the tinker teleport would be miffed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah that idea is way too exploitable. It's not like you can't get anywhere in this game within 10 minutes anyway.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

How is having to fill all 24 spots exploitable?
  5. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Xanrn wrote:
    Quite easy: Park alt at spot you want to gather (contested mobs), raid instant teleports to alt, kick alt from raid, invite 24th person, call 24th person to spot. Once contested is down repat same thing with alt near spawn point of other contested... Or park alt near a bit more inconvinienced raid zone (VS for example).

And as Cusashorn already said: you can get to any raid mob / zone in few minutes anyway.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lorzus Guest

EQ1 did this nicely, once a certain amount of your raid force was in a zone (I think like 1/3 to 2/3) you could plant a flag in the zone and everyone else could use the banner to tl to the zone. Was really nice when you showed up late for a raid or didn't know exactly where you were going.

I would not mind seeing this in eq2.
  7. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Lorzus wrote:
    The problem is, this isn't EQ1 where raid zones are large and everything was respawning trash. If you're late to the raid, it doesn't take long to reach the raid zone, and then you can walk through the raid zone to meet with your raid. The length of time it takes to get to a raid is very short in EQ2, which is why it isn't needed.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vathranen Guest

I would like to see this as a grouping feature.
    My only complaint with EQ2 is the grouping (or lack thereof). One of the roadblocks seems to be the time commitment/constraint. I realize that travel is pretty quick and very easy in EQ2 for the experienced player. But some people just don't know the geography or are directionally challenged. I'd like to see getting groups formed become very quick and painless.
    My idea is to be able to use the Call of <City> spell to call a group member to your location. Keep the 30 minute recast timer. The functionality is that one person arrives at the dungeon and calls group member #2. Then group member #2 calls #3 and so on until everybody's there. This does use up your call home ability, so you're somewhat invested for 30 minutes, but I think this would make grouping more attractive.
    I say this because I find grouping kind of a hassle. I always have to explain where we're going and one (sometimes two) people won't know where it is or can't get there. So the group has to sit and wait at the entrance while everybody arrives.
    I understand this would step on the toes of those with spells that do this now, but I think would go a long way to making grouping more accessible in EQ2.
    I also see the points raised above about exploiting it for contested raid mob locations, but is that really an issue? I see these mobs all the time and nobody bothers with them. If it makes raiding lower level content more attractive, then I say, "Awesome!" Let some new players get in on that content too.
  9. ARCHIVED-sargonnath Guest

I expect SOE to be able to resolve any exploitation oportunity that can come with this feature.
    May be someone who has been into a raid who used this feature can't enjoy it again until six more hours.
    Or, raid leader has to wait that at least 20 people are registered into the raid.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kleitos Guest

For the most part it is enough that the raid is in the same zone (Leviathan, SoH) and the raid leader zones in, bringing the rest of the raid with them. Exceptions seem to be zones where each character needs to be flagged, like VP.

For contested raids this would probably mean no difference, all the raids that want to attempt the encounter will be there pretty much as soon as they are formed up, which they are now anyways.

If you plan on raiding there is usually a set time, if you can't make it there in time you need to start moving earlier... just like RL.
    If it's your first time to the raid zone and you don't know where it is, read up or ask around... just like RL.

If you played WoW they seemed to have some kind of summoning stone close to some instances... that noone ever used. There was also some kind of mage "CotH" that required 3(?) mages... I saw it used once.. right next to the summoning stone.

For new players this might seem like a good thing at first but I'd would think that exploring alittle would be better and you can get some disco axp on the way and at the same time learn the layout of the place.
  11. ARCHIVED-woolf2k Guest

how about teleports to anyone... type in a name and pop you're there... that'd be so cool...

but I don't think that's gonna happen ...

they still haven't given me that "button to level 80" button...

:/

don't know what's taking so long!